Rovio defrauding players?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rovio defrauding players?

• Has this happened to anyone else? After opening the common chest, I click on the screen to close the reward. Nothing happens. I click again (the reward or apple is still showing), but suddenly instead of simply closing the reward, it says I have opened a legendary chest and has taken 900 gems!!! There is no confirmation screen or anything. And no way to undo. I wrote Rovio and they are refusing to refund the gems.

If I recall correctly, you used to have to click on an “x” to close the reward from the chest, but then they recently made it so you click anywhere on the screen. I’m wondering if this is an intentional design change made so that people “accidentally” click on the expensive chests as I did so you spend more on the game.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I’ve been back and forth with Rovio for two days on this. They’ve essentially admitted that they know this can happen, know it’s because of their design, have considered solutions but opted against them, and refuse to refund anyone who loses gems because of it.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

I’ve somehow “bought” two Legendary Chests and multiple Rare Chesta. In topic “Daily Challenge – current difficulty” I mentioned about the same thing as following:

I wondered why the collect button with checkmark was removed from screen presenting the three chests. Not anymore. Too many times after collecting daily apples after reward I’ve apparently bought Rare Chest, too! It’s not “just 80 jewels” lost again, but there’s an another level of ToF type gaming going there with “continue buying (with increasing cost) or stop?” choices.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

Just tap the edge of the screen. The continue option is good if there are good rewards, got a yellow card by spending for a continue. At least you know what you can expect and quit if the rewards are crap. They should introduce this for reward chests aswell, missed some cool rewards where I would spend for another chance.

Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

Has anybody else had this happen:  you go into the Clan section and right as you’re about to click on the button to start playing Rovio pops an ad up to buy gems etc and the $99 button is right there where you were about to click on the Clan button?

Luckily, you have to confirm the purchase, because it’s suspiciously easy to accidentally click on that $99 button since it very quickly pops up right in front of where you click to start the Clan activity.

Rovio might want to read up on the many laws against deceptive business practices because it’s that kind of thing that could get them into serious legal trouble.  This is pretty much the exact equivalent of a website popping up a button that charges $100 to your credit card when you’re just trying to click the “next page” button.

I’d appeal to Rovio’s ethics if I thought it would make any difference,  but let me instead just appeal to Rovio’s sense of self-preservation.  This is an easily demonstrable attempt to defraud consumers.  If I were Rovio, I’d stop this practice immediately and have the ad button pop up in a safer place— just some neighborly advice.

desox
    @desox

<p style=”text-align: left;”>My experiences are with ABF and ABF Star Cup. These games are better than when they were first introduced, but they still make the occasional mistakes. I’ve yet to notice a program error that improves my standing or spendable coins when such errors occur. The opposite is generally true. I play these games within 10′ of a FIOS router that puts out a five by five signal at both 2 and 5 Ghz. On a number of occasions, when I’m in position to win, I get a disconnection error that is treated as a loss. Part of the strategy, especially in Star Cup, is deciding whether to end a round with birds remaining to collect bonus points. Often, I see opponents’ scores go way up after I had ended a round early. There is no doubt that some Rovio sponsored and trained ‘ringers’ are part of the contestant pool. I’ve played these games for a couple of years, and the better I’ve gotten, the more I see this. If an opponent’s final score is not displayed when one has the option to end a round, there is no way to make the wisest choice.</p>

Angry
    @angharadbird

I spent a lot of gems this way!  Now I tap at the edge of the screen and are very wary!!

SB311
    @sb311

Yes, I accidently bought a rare chest when I kept clicking the screen to get through accepting my reward. I never had that problem before and it does seem like it was done on purpose by rovio to make people accidently click on the rare and legendary chests. :( I make sure to click the shaded out ‘x’ in the top right corner or around the edges.

Krena
    @krena

Have you still got a copy of Rovios response saying they haven’t figured out a fix? Would you paste it here before it goes away?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rovio defrauding players?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.