Rovio Classics: Angry Birds has arrived!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Rovio Classics: Angry Birds has arrived!

• Rovio has finally gone and done it, they’ve rereleased the original Angry Birds! Okay well not exactly. More specifically they’ve gone and remade the entire thing FROM SCRATCH. It’s actually pretty good, and Includes:

1. Poached Eggs

2. Mighty Hoax

3. Danger Above

4. The Big Setup

5. Ham ‘Em High

6. Mine and Dine

7. BirdDay Party (Includes Cake 2 and 3)

Bonuses:

1. Surf and Turf

2. Golden Eggs

The remake costs 99 cents (or your country’s equivalent) and can be downloaded on the App Store and Google Play. Happy flinging!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Replies
  • Reubenmations
    @reubenmations

If you can’t find it, the game is linked at https://rov.io/AngryBirdsClassic

sparty83
    @sparty83

@admins, @birdleader,

just wondering if a new set of leaderboards will be made for the new Classic Angry Birds. The levels are supposed to be the same, but they don’t all end in a nice round 0 like the original. I haven’t made it through all the levels yet, but i think the walkthroughs could be the same. Also, guessing the 3 star thresholds would be the same.

grammyK
    @grammyk

So happy someone here noticed.

Hope this wakes this site back up!

sparty83
    @sparty83

@grammyK, unless they create a new leaderboard for the new game, I doubt there will be much more traffic than what’s been happening for the past few months/years.

one of the best things is that the new version (currently) does not have power ups and no option (at this time) to buy/earn any so there is no question as to high scores.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@sparty83 I hear ya. Maybe the loss of amslimfordy can’t be overcome. Well I hope they set up new boards. I don’t use them myself but they were very popular. And I do miss the crowd .

SweetP
    @sweetp

Hello Everybody! I sure do love that this old classic has returned.

We are working on setting up the walkthroughs and videos, so please stay tuned!

cc: @admins, @comex666

GubbyMan
    @gubbyman

I used to lurk here about 10 years ago so I could check the leaderboards and try to get higher scores. I downloaded Angry Birds Classic today and I have to say it feels great especially with all IAP crap removed. I also wish there’s a leaderboard for the new game. The scores aren’t rounded to 0-digit in the remake and I also noticed the 3-star threshold was different on the first level.

SweetP
    @sweetp

@gumbyman, we don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so the leaderboards will stay the same. The only difference will be allowing scores other than those ending with zero. New walkthrough videos will be added to the current walkthrough pages.

So hang on, we’re working on it!

Thanks for your patience.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@sparty83. I totally agree it needs a scoreboard of it’s own. With new code in a modern language there is no way they can duplicate the exact same score for the exact same shot exactly, lol. Lots of complaints on the new discord server about the physics.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Hey @sweetp and @birdleader, any chance you’re looking to hire an extra pair of hands in video making for the 2022 edition of Angry Birds Classic? Been 2 years since I retired from Angry Birds, but reliving the nostalgia from 10 years ago might be worth coming out of retirement. :D

sparty83
    @sparty83

@mighty-Red-1, i’m guessing they could use all the help offered. I think there are 390 levels out in the new version so that would be a lot of vids to make. I have noticed a few differences in the 2 versions (original vs classic). The first, the Reverse Remi does not fly like in the original so using that shot is not the same as before. And there are some levels where it’s impossible to get the feather. See my videos in Angry Birds Mighty Hoax 3 Star Walkthrough Level 4-12

( https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-mighty-hoax-3-star-walkthrough-level-4-12/ )

also, aren’t you still an Admin? your listed as one on the Meet the Team page.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@sparty83 Nah, I’m not an admin anymore – retiring from Angry Birds meant leaving ABNest as well, since my primary task was making videos. But if they need a video maker for the 2022 remake of Angry Birds Classic, a nostalgic game without any P2W nonsense, I’m willing to offer my services.

SweetP
    @sweetp

@mighty-red-1, hello stranger! I think it would be great to have your help. PM coming your way.

sparty83
    @sparty83

Just completed Ham’Em High. My episode total for the Original version is 4,678,490. My total for the new Classic is 4,758,659, About 80k better. And this was just quickly going through the levels to get 3 stars and feathers. I can only imagine what my scores would be if I spent the same amount of time on each level as I did 10-11 years ago when it first came out.

This is why I would like a separate leaderboard for the new classic. Would like to compare old to new

sparty83
    @sparty83

2 things i have noticed so far.

1) levels with a lot of wood are easier than before. I have gotten a few high scores on levels with a lot of wood.

2) levels with a lot of bricks are much harder to get high scores. It seems like they either don’t break as easy or just don’t give up points.
    Danger Above 3 Star Walkthrough Level 8-9 and Mine and Dine 3 Star Walkthrough Level 16-2 are, for me, very difficult to 3 star much less come close to my previous scores.

comex666
    @comex666

cool, helping hand @mighty-red-1

@sweetp
    can´t answer (error) the last PM

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Okay, for some reason I can’t reply to PMs. Anyway, @sweetp @comex666 @bernersenn, which chapters should I cover?

comex666
    @comex666

friend request for me to paul is missing

I have sent

poached eggs ready

next mighty hoax for me

SweetP
    @sweetp

@mighty-red-1, you’ll have to accept @comex666’s friend request. Then you’ll be able to reply to the PMs.

grammyK
    @grammyk

Hi all,

I’m pleased to see interest growing. I’m not playing the new version yet (other than breezing quickly through Poached Eggs) even though i bought it (twice! for both my tablets lol) as I am currently busier than normal with AB2, but i know sooner or later i will not be able to resist lol.

Mr. Pollo
    @chickenloveryt

I’m happy this site has made the announcement of the new installment! Sadly the game’s 1.0 release had a lot of bugs included, including texture swaps, broken item physics and mighty Eagle glitches. Rovio did however release a 1.1 patch a few days later, but it only fixed the texture swaps. I have documented and created a full list of them on the AB Wiki with screenshots/screen recordings if anyone is curious. (https://angrybirds.fandom.com/wiki/Rovio_Classics:_Angry_Birds/Glitches)

sparty83
    @sparty83

@chickenlover, not sure this could be considered a true announcement. Normally, announcements are created by an admin and show up on the main page. This is just a forum chat created by a user like you or myself. There hasn’t been any real announcement made by the admins about Angry Birds Classic yet.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@sparty83

It has been years since the site owners took any interest in new Rovio games and traffic at the site has drifted away sadly. As a bird flinging addict I’m always looking for their new releases and if you look through this forum you will see my posts where I dropped in to try and spread the word. Unfortunately, for various reasons, nothing since Star Wars two captured my interest and I continue with AB2 and Friends to get my daily fix.

Mr. Pollo
    @chickenloveryt

@sparty83 Yeah, I remember @ting BirdLeader in an AB Reloaded post about the new game release, but he hasn’t seemed to notice the reply.

crbird
    @crueby

Anyone having this problem with it? While playing, every minute or two it slows way down, then a popup appears with ‘Google Play Services is not responding’ or ‘Google Play is not responding’. Really kills the play….

This is on a Lenovo tablet, not a phone.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Rovio Classics: Angry Birds has arrived!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.