RIP Angry Birds Epic

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum RIP Angry Birds Epic

• I think this game is truly dead now. There haven’t been any new events since the Christmas one, the arena isn’t beginning a new season (it stays on the “arena is getting some improvements” placeholder), and the daily calendar is filled with nothing but snoutlings.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
  • Bomb145
    @guibird2971koge

Either the developers are making an update to the game or they aren’t getting paid to update it.

Partshade
    @partshade

Surprised it made it this long, honestly. Now I just wonder if they’ll close the servers anytime soon or wait until the last remaining players leave by choice.

l00c1s
    @l00c1s

I’m just glad I could finish the arena off with a nice Hal trophy. Gonna miss that place though.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

tbh kinda surprised the servers are still up and you can still play the game. they DO have a big history on discontinuing old game.

Buds
    @budstheawesome

I came back to Angry Birds Forums to say this;

I’ll miss this damn game.

So many years, been playing since release.
    Ever since they (evidently) stopped caring about it, I too stopped. ESPECIALLY when it became clear that monetary gain was what they were after – subtly increasing the price, more pay to win areas, and so on.

When they began to knock other games from the shelves without a word, I grew fearful. I knew this day would come, but still so silently… it pains me.

A piece of my childhood I’ll never be able to play again… removed… due to corporate shilling. It’s ironic, isn’t it? Rovio made games like these because they wanted to have fun, show their playerbase that they can add their twist on beloved genres whilst still profiting from it (back then, it was more of a tip since Lucky Coins were not THAT sought after)

Then when the updates began to drop in quantity (and quality)… yeah…
    The day of Epic’s end is evidently nigh. 7 whole years and it’s coming to an end so quickly.

Not able to play Into The Jungle anymore, the first map event, to cap things off. No more For The Pirate King either. None of that.

A silent, merciful death, for a heavily beloved game.

I’ll miss you, Angry Birds Epic. You will always be Epic to all.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum RIP Angry Birds Epic

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.