Presence in multiple leagues

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Presence in multiple leagues

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 157 total)
  • Replies
  • @mvnla2, didn’t mean it in a bad way. I was just referring to the large amount of messages we’re all sending to Rovio about all this.

I have the utmost respect for your communications! :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Are people still finding evidence of the ghost players since the update? Ghost players are what I call players who have the same name and score as a real player, but are placed in a different league by Rovio without the real player being aware.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Bubbley — Just moved this back to the first page, will take a look at the old posts later. Totally throws off my thinking if the ghosts don’t track the scores of the real players.

@larry
    @kerravon @all — Do you think the ghosts’ scores are different than the real players? Do the ghosts scores increase during the week? I’m sure all the answers are here, but don’t have time to read back right now.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Bubbley — There seems to be some disconnect between the scores of the ghost and real player, but in general they seem to track.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Screenshot_2015-03-27-14-25-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-14-25-44.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-14-25-55.png

@MVNLA2
    — this weeks board for me.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 I think the scores for players in multiple leagues are the same. We had a look at a player “911” who was on both renitz’s and mimi27’s leaderboard. See page 4 of this thread. The scores lined up according to timelines of screenshots.

I haven’t looked at any comparison of scores when @dallasreds appeared on @bubbley’s scoreboard, so can’t comment on this.

I do believe there are some discrepancies – I think @larry’s score did not line up early one week when he was on someone else’s leaderboard.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kerravon @mvnla2 the week @dallasreds appeared in my league he had a score of 42,495 with 46 hours left to play. He had 45,275 in platinum with 3 days left to play. I have several screen shots of that week if it helps your thinking.

@larry @kerravon, Pretty much everything about this game is based on simplicity, whether it is about the in-game odds or the technical infrastructure. This is also where most of the exploits and bugs came from.

The whole setup of this “fallback” system indicates that the scores across the boards *should* be identical. Implementing this solution and then adding a layer of complexity to get varying scores is not in line with anything we’ve seen and simply wouldn’t make sense at all.

@kerravon
    , my scores on the multiple boards were spot on. No difference at all. The timing difference of the screenshots with the alternate league added up perfectly.

Having said all this, I don’t understand what we’ve been looking at with @bubbley’s example.

Another thing we should not forget is that there are people out there with identical names. We’ve all seen that dumbass who tried to use my name last week and got caught by @tigerussell

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@larry You are correct about your scores lining up for the time you were also on @mingkee27’s leaderboard. But in the following week there was a discrepancy between scores when you and snarky were on an identical leaderboard.

I think there was a similar sort of discrepancy when @dallasreds was on his own and @bubbley’s leaderboard.

@kerravon, On that example both Snarky and I were on the same board. That was no ghost. My scores on his board only lagged behind on one day. After that it was all synced properly again. The only result was that from his perspective, I suddenly jumped ahead with a few thousand points. The example from @bubbley could be similar indeed, although I do see a significant difference.

My device showed my correct score which obviously was not synced properly. If others see a lower score, that score will be visible for all duplicated ghost players as well. There’s only one record for each player and the ghost presence should simply point to the same record.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@steven-Dunn-5648 @mvnla2 @snarkey @bubbley @kerravon @tigerussell @larry @angryjohnny

There is no guess on how many active players there are in each league each week. The fact that our small circle of friends discovered duplicates on the boards is a miracle. If it wasn’t for the “experiment” that we followed together, odds are this would never be noticed. This included people from across the globe!
    I am fairly sure that Rovio thought it would not detected. Maybe they will continue to work on it. It still bugs me they allow players with no names. Maybe if they forced unique names and did not allow name changes during the week at least but maybe this is too complicated for them. We can all hope that we encouraged them to make a more fair game in the long run. Thanks for those who laid the groundwork and to the players who kept their eyes open in this Epic investigation.
    Continued good luck to everyone. Need more coffee.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@larry I do agree with you on this matter. I think there are a few synchronisation issues here and there – and these may affect players on the same leaderboards as well as for situations where there are “ghosts”. But in general, I think player scores and “ghost” scores are synchronised.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

The latest:
    null
    null
    null

Mimi27
    @mimi27

Here is my board as well, in case anybody sees duplicates. And I also sent a screen shot to Rovio showing the cheater in 1st place. This is from 9:15 AM PST.
    Season 2week1-1.jpg

Season 2week 1-2.jpg
    Season 2week1-3.jpg

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

My board is not so competitive this week. I’ve done all the objectives and only did a very small amount of grinding so far.

S2W1.jpg

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mingkee27 — It’s interesting that you seem to be the only one who gets people with names in Chinese characters. I wonder if that is true for people in other countries that use different alphabets/characters.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

The game follows the system language.
    I am sure players in other countries may post corresponding languages.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@rovionefuah has asked that we provide screenshots of the ghosts in the Rovio thread.

@rovionefuah, read this entire thread for many examples please. Can you let us know in here that it’s landed?

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Got one.

I purposely started late this week hoping for a less competitive board. This way I can choose to coast with ease and stay in gold or maybe push for promotion if I have time. Here is my board after finishing my objectives 12 hours late.

Screenshot_2015-04-13-06-03-28.png

Notice Mr Freeman shown in fifth place with no score. Now he happens to be on my friends list so I looked him up.

Screenshot_2015-04-13-06-04-18.png

Here he is quite clearly shown in second place which would imply he has earned some kind of score. Or perhaps he is actually sitting in second on his own board with zero. @jorge-freeman-1 if you would care to comment please feel free.

It will be interesting to see if or when scores start to show up on my board and what kind of shape I’m really in this week.

EDIT: As has happened to others this week my leader board is now empty, leaving me even more in the dark about what’s going on.

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1

View post on imgur.com

http://imgur.com/XC32Zz7

Hi @tigerussell,

Above are screenshots of what my leaderboard looks like since I finished my daily objectives over 9 hours ago. It seems I’m on my own, too, but maybe I’m not… let’s wait and see.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mimi27 Hello Mimi27. I see we are in the same league again. This time we’ll be battling to stay out of the bottom 3 instead of a position in the top 3. I’m in 14th with a score of 4570. Can you confirm you are also in the Gold league?

I’m finding the arena battles much harder now since the level cap was raised to 45 and most of my set items are level 41. My Wizard can easily get killed when I lose the toss despite using a level 41 Reborn set.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@killerkea — I only have a level 45 egg, my feather is still level 41 but even if I did have both I think chuck could still be easily scorched in one round. It’s getting almost impossible to use him again. A few times I’ve come close to having my entire squad nicked in the first round. Add a blazing set for a second round AI rage or the double rage bug and you’re probably done as well. And wouldn’t you know it The blazing set is the one I face the most.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

Hello @killerkea, yes that is me, fighting to keep my #11 rank in this crazy leaderboard. With the top people already doubly my score after the first day, I’ll mainly be trying to achieve my objectives and possibly not drop back to Silver. I do not know what is up with these battles. I’m losing against opponents I should be able to beat because they are getting in critical hits, plus it’s next to impossible to find opponents who aren’t decked out in matching Save Me suits.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’m in Stone League. There is a player on my board in Wood League named Niloc. He/she seems to be playing, but they’ve got to be a ghost, right? So far, they’re near the bottom (10th), but could easily cause someone legitimate to be demoted, especially if the player with 0 so far is a cheater as I suspect.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Presence in multiple leagues

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.