Please remove "Blizzard" from the game. (Who's with me?)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Please remove "Blizzard" from the game. (Who's with me?)

• @bankler

You have been very helpful on the Arena threads to help improve the experience and get rid of cheaters.

I was wondering if you could also help with another horrible, horrible part of the game: The Blizzard spell.

I know a gift is a gift, but I’ve gotten Blizzard so many times as a treasure and star-level-up reward that I want to throw up. I have 26 Blizzards and will probably never, ever use them. I don’t know anyone in their right mind who would. Let’s talk about how brain-dead the Blizzard spell is:

— Requires Blues to come along at the right time, otherwise it is useless. If you do hold on to Blues or to Blizzard to wait for its counterpart, you are severely limiting your visible card slots to use the right bird for the right job.
    — Is useless on its own.
    — No other bird has an “augmenter” spell. The Blizzard is tacit acknowledgement that Blues sort of sucks. Why not a “Woodpecker” spell or “Convert random blocks to TNT” spell?
    — Did I mention it is useless on its own?
    — It is useless on its own (oops, I might have mentioned that previously).

I don’t know what to replace it with, but you clever Rovio folks can think of something. Heck, even just removing it entirely and giving players some gems in return would be worth it. I’d rather have just four spells than five spells where one is such a complete, abysmal dud.

Does anyone actually LIKE Blizzard?

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@sutekh137 I agree with you! When you are ALMOST about to beat a level, and all you have is Blizzard- just restart because it won’t do ANYTHING to the Pigs and won’t help you if you have no Birds to ACTUALLY destroy the (Blizzard-created) ice.

I agree that we do need a new (or old) power up/spell to replace Blizzard. Here are some of my ideas:
    – Power Potion (Friends)- increases the Bird’s size and makes them stronger
    – TNT Drop (Rio)
    – Invisi-bill- like Dahlia (from Stella), the Birds can travel through blocks with out taking damage and when the screen is tapped, they reappear and fly like normal
    – Birdquake (Friends)- shakes the ground, toppling structures
    – Flock (Space)- creates 4 additional (smaller) versions of a Bird that fight along side the “main” one
    – Hammer (Stella)- tap anywhere on the screen to instantly destroy objects within a range
    – Anti-Gravity- gravity is disabled (in the room) and the Birds can make daring shots
    + Meteor Shower- meteors pound the room, dealing massive damage
    + Summon- using this card allows you to view every card you have (even the ones in the deck) and pick 1 to use

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@rowdypup

Oh my goodness these are great ideas! I especially like TNT Drop and Hammer. Hammer is straight from Stella (which was discontinued, and AB2 shares a lot of similar traits…).

Also, TNT Drop and Hammer would be easy to implement, I should think. If Stella is never coming back, why not give us Hammer? It’s not being used anywhere else, at least not actively…

I also really like the idea behind Summon — burn a spell just to be able to deck-dive. It’s a very interesting power to have — especially if Summon comes up last. *smile* Great risk/reward to that idea, and it enhances the whole card/deck aspect of the game. Embrace the new gameplay mechanic with a spell! Though, Summon would suffer from the same thing as Blizzard — the inability to do any damage if it is the only card left…

Rovio should pay you a fee for your ideas!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

How about keep blizzard as it is, but in addition to turning structures into ice you also get a random bird when using it.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@bigbadaboom

Hm, interesting idea, but I worry about that perhaps being TOO powerful. An extra bird is a pretty big deal, especially if it ends up being Blues. Though, if you got, say, Chuck, it wouldn’t be that great (but could still at least do some damage…)

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Agree. Drawing the Blizzard is like a swift kick to the mid-section.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I would love it if Rovio got rid of the blizzard spell.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@sutekh137 thanks for liking my ideas! I think your ideas are pretty good too! You know, a while back on Facebook Rovio had a contest for people to create their own spells for AB 2, and I thought you might like to see all these creative people out there! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153780399459928.1073741841.314467614927&type=3

…..about sending Rovio ideas- I really have (me and my brother actually) sent them some ideas for AB games before (particually Seasons and Go!) and they sent us a big envelope with stickers, a journal, and a postcard- but that’s not important right now

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

How is Blizzard a beneficial spell? All the others can be used on their own, but Blizzard just does the job of the Chemist Pig, with more reliable results. As pointed out already, Blizzard is just a set-up card for Blues. Please remove it and give us something useful.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@rowdypup

That’s good stuff!

The more I think about it, the more I would love to see Hammer. Here’s why:

— The mechanics for it already exist (bring it over from Stella).
    — It is no longer in use in any other AB game, because Stella is defunct.
    — It is a simple concept.
    — It is often necessary, because there are still times when pigs can roll into inaccessible areas or float out of reach — Hammer would fix that (like a Tuscan Raider from ABSW2! *smile*).
    — Hammer would not be overpowered. Many levels involve 2 or 3 structures, and without pushing one sideways, you don’t gain much chance of a Strike. In other words, just blowing up one structure, in place, is not actually all that powerful (because I don’t think the Hammer blow should be as strong as, say, a Bomb explosion. Maybe more like Matilda’s egg?)
    — Hammer would basically be a surgical Mighty Eagle strike without the “wind” pushing things to the right. So, similar but different, which is always a nice idea in a new spell.
    — It’s a cool idea with a simple, cool name.
    — It’s far more useful than Blizzard. *smile*

What do you say, @bankler? Any chance we could get rid of Blizzard and maybe get something like Hammer in its place? Perhaps have another contest or pull from existing contest ideas?

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Anonymous

Something definitely needs done about this spell. I really like the hammer idea but I do have a few of my own.

Arctic Blast

When the spell hits a building it explodes turning all blocks in a certain radius to ice as well as creating an earthquake at the base of the structure.

The point of this change is to keep the idea of Blizzard while giving it a Birdquake like effect. Freezing the structure as well as rumbling it! :D

Snooze

All pigs in the current wave permanently fall asleep therefore disabling they’re abilities.

We all know how annoying some of the pigs can be. With this spell we have a way to counter that.

Also this is a bit of an off-topic idea but what if we could actually aim spells? This way we can actually choose the pig that gets hit with a Hot Chili as well as being able to choose the area Pig Inflater and my Arctic Blast goes to. This would support the hammer ability too.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

I like the snooze idea. Make it “freeze” and add it to icing the structures and then it would be at least a mediocre spell.
    Side note: Blizzard works quite well with Terrence, too.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@mzimoxs

Yes, Blizzard helps Terence as well, but Terence is usually pretty decent already unless there is stone involved.

I am not sure “icing” the structures would help a lot, unless you mean making everything slick? Might actually be too powerful, then, as if every block got slick, structures would fall maybe even without any further agitation, no? Still, an interesting idea, and it would just be a buff to the existing spell (i.e. more likely to get implemented, if there is even a chance.)

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Please remove "Blizzard" from the game. (Who's with me?)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.