Opinions / comments about the Arena Revisions after the March update/download.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Opinions / comments about the Arena Revisions after the March update/download.

• I like the changes that Rovio made to the Arena games with the March update/download. They are much more transparent. I appreciate seeing the ranking of player, levels of their birds and when spells are being brought into the game. If the player lost the game and received an extra card, that is shown at the beginning of the game when the opponent starts with 8 cards instead of 7. This is a vast improvement over the previous Arena games which were often more than unfair with 2 or 3 cards flying into the game after the game was won and the opponent was dead. Even when I had lost, my opponent would clearly be playing the “extra card” and sometimes 2 more. Thank you, Rovio, for fixing these problems and making the Arena games worth playing.

On another note, each of my weekly games begin with 14 other players who aren’t playing. The next day, or even later in the same day, my Arena group has changed completely and then I am in a different group of non-playing opponents. Each day more changes until I am in a group with some of the 15 playing, but that will all change again until Thursday afternoon when I land in a group that, so far, doesn’t change until the end of the game on Saturday. I, personally, liked the continuity of play that the previous Arena games offered. The same players were visible for the entire week unless they weren’t playing and dropped off the end. I could watch my competition and know where I stood throughout the tournament. Now I never know for sure where I stand because the players change everyday.

With so many players not playing, I wonder if this is the result of the last Arena games and the weird end of game play with all the cards suddenly appearing, turning wins into losses over and over. It stopped being fun and was just discouraging. I know I skipped playing in earnest and just played token games to qualify for the daily challenge rewards and stay in my league during late February and early March.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I also like the changes made and being able to see what my opponent has before committing to battle. The one really positive thing I have learned since coming to this forum is that I can bail out of the arena and not lose the free entry if the opponent is ranked far higher and/or has a lot of spells. I can choose my battles more carefully.

I have not had the issue of getting placed in different groups. I see a lot of movement in the group at times, but it settles later in the week. Sometimes I do really well and end up winning by a landslide. This round I am not doing so well. 1st place is way out front, but not like when somebody is buying it. Three of us are fighting over 2nd, 3rd and 4th place.

Kt
    @ktcain

Yes, I too learned in the Forum that I could and how to back out of a game if the opponent’s birds were ranked higher, or brought spells, or more cards than I was bringing into the game. I am looking for a fair match, and I don’t mind if there is one more higher ranked bird, but more than that puts me at too much of a disadvantage. And there are certain games where I do bring spells. I have learned the hard way that certain Arena games have panels that are designed for defeat. My standing in the Arena games has improved considerably and I have won the last 3 since, as you said, I have been able to choose my battles more carefully. And, I haven’t had to play as often to keep my lead. Of course, never knowing when my opponent list will change and where I will land in that new group keeps me from becoming complacent.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Opinions / comments about the Arena Revisions after the March update/download.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.