No option for videos

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum No option for videos

• All of a sudden, no videos at all.

I don’t mean that they won’t play after you hit the button, or they that cut out in the middle, or that they crash the app.

I mean that the option doesn’t even appear – no buttons at all.

Not only that, but the ad that runs prior to every node run hasn’t been playing either.

This affects all places where you’d normally see the option for a video – mission completion, node completion, the silo, and buddy boost.

It’s not a connection issue, since all of my other online-dependent apps work just fine.

Anyone else?

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • jman
    @jman

Same here, no videos. I tried playing videos after nodes last night and out of 20+ tries only got 2 to actually finish and give rewards.

I’m sure it has something to do with the crashing issue. Having app crash on intro video, missions and doubler videos.

jman
    @jman

They’re back on. It still crashes game on intro video. Didnt try doubling. I’ve got better things to do today then deal with this bs.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

Only in the extremely limited case where I don’t get five keys on a mission.

Believe it or not, I’ve run Hard missions with 1xL14 and 2xL15 and only gotten four keys!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

“Now I only send three L15s on missions …”

Sent 3xL15 on a Hard mission (Arcee, Airachnid, Starscream) – only got 4 keys! Ridiculous!

Traveler
    @traveler

I have noticed the same thing on my iPad. No doubling of videos for either mission completions or finishing nodes.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

They were totally absent for me yesterday, but are back today. I also had my small silo booted back up to a large one then small again in the space of 10 minutes!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Sigh, you gotta wonder WTH is going on at Rovio Central.

Also, videos haven’t come back for me at all.

jman
    @jman

The videos seem to be random in availability. Usually have the option to watch but have noticed they are not available when I want to watch. Played a gold dome and got a nice 26,000 coins but no option to double. Was available and didn’t watch on previous nodes and nodes after. Also the option was there for missions this morning but already had 5 keys, only got 3 keys in hard missions and no option to watch for fourth key.

Some intro videos still crash game.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Still no videos.

When I play in airplane mode the buttons come back, but of course they won’t play without a connection.

When I turn off airplane mode, the buttons all disappear again.

Of course, the only one this really hurts is Rovio, since they can’t make money from ad views when there are no ads to be viewed! So you’d think they would be on top of this one.

Strange.

@gradientturtle7
    @rumblebee

jman
    @jman

This seems to be mainly a Ios problem now. Usually have videos available to watch.

They still crash game though on android.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Still nada.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Indeed. As long as it’s not just me, then who am I to complain, lol?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Went to bed last night, videos were still out. Woke up this morning and the videos are back. Weird.

jman
    @jman

“I think Android players have had ads all along”

Indeed we have, there was one day where they disappeared. There is no point in them as everytime you watch it crashes the game. At least now when it crashes it doesn’t make your mission disappear, and you don’t lose items or coins in nodes, just no bonus. I just had a gold dome disappear from an intro video last night, which really pisses me off.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

All of a sudden disappeared again. *SMH*

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

The bonus videos are still missing, but the videos shown before each node run have started showing again.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m getting really tired of watching Hotel Transylvania ads over and over again, lol. I wonder how big a contract Sony Pictures signed with Rovio?

And still no bonus videos.

farview
    @farview

I would love to see the Hotel Transylvanian ad all the way through. Every time it or the Super mario ad comes up, the game crashes.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Videos started to show up again, all of a sudden. Weirdly, it was right after I updated my iPad to iOS 9.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum No option for videos

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.