NO MORE MAC OS X & PC SUPPORT from ROVIO!!!!!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum NO MORE MAC OS X & PC SUPPORT from ROVIO!!!!!

• first they cancel PC support by no longer making any angry birds games or updates for the PC platform,now when asked about any MAC OS X updates, since we haven’t had any updates since july of LAST YEAR, they respond by saying they are now also dropping support for MAC OS X platform. Thanks a lot [admin edit]!!! we pay the most for your games and you choose to prioritize the free and 99 cents versions for ios and android over pc and mac???? I hate you rovio I hate you . see email response below:

Hello there,
    and thanks for contacting us!
    Unfortunately we have decided to discontinue development on Angry Birds and Bad Piggies PC and Mac games to focus on providing a better experience for these games on mobile devices. Digital PC games will no longer be available for purchase or download. Additionally, these games will no longer receive updates.
    Physical copies of Rovio games are still in circulation and are available for purchase. However, please note that these games will not receive further updates and may not contain all features present in the mobile versions.
    You can still retrieve activation keys for your previously purchased games by following the link received in the email accompanying your game purchase. If you no longer have access to this email, or if your existing activation key is no longer working, we can send you a new one. Please get back to us with the email address you used to make the purchase so that we can find your order and send you a new key.
    Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Kind wishes,
    Essi Rovio Support Team

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

I would bet that this is the beginning of the end. First they had headcount reduction, then no more support for PC/Mac. Watch, theyll go into profit maximizing mode for the next year, then we’ll see a sudden story that AB has been sold to another company so Rovio can focus on its “core” business.

Anonymous

I’ve always had a sick feeling that the end is near too. I just thought I was the only one. I have ALL of the AB games so if they got discontinued that would hurt me and my phone bad :0.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

If Rovio shut down Angry Birds, Bad Piggies, and Amazing Alex, it’s time to move on.

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

WOW! I think discontinuing PC/Mac games may b Rovio’s big mistake. Many game devlopers have their PC versions like Cut the Rope, Plants vs Zombies, etc. (I don’t know more games) And I have seen that Rovio was defeated by Supercell’s and King’s famous games, Clash of Clans and all Saga games respectively. So I think that Windows and Mac have cursed them.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

What is their reason for discontinuing Mac and PC support? Unprofitable platforms? Too much chaos? I think everyone who spent real $$$ for a desktop game should get a refund. I do have a feeling that the beginning of the end has come…if this is true, I’ll just find another game to know.

Anonymous

I would have trouble finding another good game like Angry Birds. There’s hardly anything like it. Plus if AB shuts down there goes the Nest D:.

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

@partshade I stopped playing any PC games once I got the tablet but I do hope that any and all AB games that I play will continue on for a good while. I don’t have every single game, think I’m missing 3 or 4. Wasn’t interested. The lack of PC support is fine, for me, as now I can remove it from my system as I can’t remember the last time I opened it.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

The worst is that outdated Mac OS X versions still cost € 4.99 !!!!!!!! WHAT THE * ??!!??
    Here are the current versions on Mac, compared to the current versions on iPhone :

– Angry Birds Original : v4.0.0 (11-12-2013), € 4.99 // v5.0.1 (11-12-2014), € 0.99
    – Angry Birds Seasons : v4.1.0 (29-07-2014), € 4.99 // v5.1.1 (13-05-2015), € 0.99
    – Angry Birds Star Wars : v1.5.0 (17-12-2013), € 4.99 // v1.5.3 (25-08-2014), € 0.99
    – Angry Birds Space : v2.0.1 (23-07-2014), € 4.99 // v2.1.5 (18-05-2015), € 0.99
    – Angry Birds Rio : v2.2.0 (15-07-2014), € 4.99 // v2.3.1 (12-03-2015), € 0.00
    – Bad Piggies : v1.5.0 (17-10-2013), € 4.99 // v1.6.1 (30-03-2015), € 0.99

So we must pay 5 times more just to have an outdated version. For ABSW it’s not a problem because the content is the same and the giant screen compenses the giant price. The worst is ABRio, because it’s free an all platforms excepted on Mac OS X… So I say to Rovio : Please lower the prices !!!!!!!

Update : updated the list

jonty1512
    @jonty1512

This is awful, a kick in the teeth for those who paid out real cash whilst those who paid nothing for these games get updates.

Also these games (as of 1st June’15) are still on sale in the Mac App Store (£5 a pop) so they’re still making money from the games even though they are no longer supported

Well done Rovio a great way to look after CUSTOMERS!

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@jonty1512 I know, this is a shame !

Home Forums General Discussions Forum NO MORE MAC OS X & PC SUPPORT from ROVIO!!!!!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.