NO more arena tournaments PLEASE

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum NO more arena tournaments PLEASE

• To be honest, I’m getting mighty sick of the current pattern of 10 days of a Monster Pig tournament, then having to play 4 days of a arena tournament after that, I really hope this Blues tournament will be one of the last arena tournaments if not the last. Anyone agree?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@rhys4auf your wish may be granted. The recent Monster Pig event ideas have been really dopey if you take notice of them such as Reggae Pig (seriously?), or Turtle Pig Folks (what?), and the Arena won’t last much longer either if the Birds complete their “sets” of Arena-exclusive items (Gilgamesh for Chuck, Hercules for Bomb, etc.)- Rovio will probably make a public announcement to say of the Arena is ceasing or not

Hugo
    @huges

I actually love the concept of playing 1-on-1 with the same bird.
    I just think there needs to be more prizes associated with it.

As I’ve said before, winning a rainbow weapon that you cant use because you have reached level 32 in Dr Pig Lab, is ridiculous!

I think it takes more skill to beat an opponent with the same bird. More skill than if you use lots of gems to kill of pigs with assistance from other players. Yet with these 10 day events you get several prizes.

I’d like to see a prize for the best % W/L in the Arena and the best streak, and at least the equivalent number of prizes.

TomT
    @tomt

Are we allowed to discuss other games here?

Because there are some games that have pretty good week-long or even month-long event ideas. But this IS the Angry Birds forum, I’m not sure if I can talk about other games.

Anonymous

@tomt There’s really nothing against it, as long as your comment has SOME relevance to the game.

TomT
    @tomt

@partshade

I’m currently ranked in the 1100’s, and I actually want to get out of this event, because I just realized that I don’t want to raise the level of my pigs. I’m happy being level 15, because it’s so much easier to defeat other players.

I think the game updates too slowly, both item and idea-wise. There are a lot of items, but only a couple that people really like. The piggy lab hasn’t been updated for a long time, and I don’t know when we will see the new island again.

As I mentioned before, there are many items, but nothing beats the golden panel-increasing items. I have basically sold all the items that were not panel-increasing. I have been using Chuck’s mustache and Red’s glasses ever since I got them. I recently got Blues’ poker cards, and they are awesome.

Suggestion, maybe Rovio can make some kind of “combo” effects. You know, when you use certain items together, you get bonus skills. Something like that.

Anonymous

@tomt If only Rovio would offer something other prize than boats and pigs. :/

Yeah, the game definitely needs some kind of refreshment. Right now I’m on stage 10-8 and have to force myself to try and get the boots for it. I’ve lost so much interest in the game that I don’t even play events anymore.

The pig lab could use an update, I guess. But what this game really needs is something completely new. Like the trade system or even a new type of event. Right now, it’s just the same old stuff every day. Sure, there was a new island, but that’s really just another grind fest with new cosmetics. :P

That’s why the Panel Increaser Effect needs removed TBH. It takes the variety away from the game, and makes a “best effect”. Should we really have a “best effect” though? IMO, all the effects need to be equally powerful, so you can choose whatever effect you want (As long as you have the items, of course).

Sounds cool. :D

Veggie
    @veggie

Main problem: once your are maxed out and finished all islands and pig lab levels the game offers too less to play as much as you did in before.

All event prices are weaker then the good items in the slot. So once you got all the good stuff from the slot, theres no need for the events anymore.

And why I should spend a lot of time and gems in the arena to get all birds equipped with rainbow parts?! To get a useless minion pig after fighting 32 stages in the lab??

And yes: to have a lvl 15 Paladin Pig is a huuuuuuuuge advantage as you just encounter very weak players. My winning streak is 36 at the moment with him. ;)

TomT
    @tomt

@partshade

Without any new and PROMPTLY updated piggie lab, there is really no point to get items with skills against pigs.

without any items for the pigs, there is really no point to get the piggies, especially you need wait 5 fights for the cool-down timer.

and I really enjoy kicking newbie butts with level 15 pigs.

Just some ideas for “combo” skills, for example:
    When you use:
    #1. Straw Hat + Pencil + being lower than level 10 = your HP gets 100% boost
    #2. Chonmage + Rainbow Dango + Paper Lantern = bird panel increases by 10%

Now, you see, instead of getting 12% bird panel increase from ONE item, now you can combine 3 lower level items, and get the similar effect.

Something like this, of course, more thought needs to be put into designing these “combo” effects.

This way, I’m sure we will start seeing people with different item combinations, which is nice for a change. I haven’t changed my birds equipment for a long long time, because once you get your poker cards, or your rockstar glasses, or your mustache, you will never take them off.

Anonymous

@tomt

True. We definitely need more use for the lab item. I was just thinking that more lab levels would just be really exhausting. After a while it kind of gets old. :/ What if there was some kind of event where you fight the lab pigs? O.o

Understandable. Pig items would add a bit more variety to the game, which is always nice.

Pretty good idea. The bonus would be more powerful with higher tier items, right?

TomT
    @tomt

@partshade

More pig lab levels might be exhausting, true. How about piggie arena? where players fight piggies controlled by AI, and gets more and more difficult as you defeat more piggies. This can be a ranking event where players are ranked according to the number of AI piggies they defeat.

or it could be just a reward event, like, when you defeat 100 AI piggies, you get a gem. When you defeat 1000 piggies, you get 2 gems… etc etc…. etc.

Rovio just needs to spend more time on balancing the items. Something like, Straw Hat + Pencil gives you +25% panel-increasing rate. So now you have a choice, you can use the SS rockstar glasses, or you could use 2 C-rated items for a higher panel increasing rate.

All these probably require a lot of planning and designing and coding, but it would be nice if Rovio would consider these ideas.

Anonymous

Piggy arena sounds nice. 1 gem for 100 pigs defeated sounds very cheap though. :/ Fun, nonetheless.

Would love to see this TBH. More of a decision system instead of being able to dominate everybody, just because they got that one lucky panel increaser from the slot.

01023927lolol
    @harharhar

D I s a g r e e,S A M E…B O R I N G
    That is why I possibly QUIT playing now,because it is too boring.Rovio ran out of ideas -_-”

Veggie
    @veggie

Arena just continued. Prices are not worth playing

Bobix
    @bobix86

@veggie
    Well… can’t fully agree to that. There are players (read “me” ;-) ) that didn’t get the prizes last cycle (i joined about the time Chucks arena with weapon as prize started), so repeating just another cycle is fair by me.

On the other hand i fully support Rovio adding extra content (other tournaments and more) that will entice older players to play (even trying to start a new content suggestions sticky topic for that reason). I’m sure it will come about, just hope it’s gonna be really, really soon.

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

Sadly it doesn’t look like I’ll (again) not finish in the top 2,000 players. May as well just sell the useless item I ‘win’.

As I said before, I wish Lolvio would just get rid of these meaningless & frustrating tournaments!!!

Beth Patrylak
    @beth-patrylak

I’m level 30 with red and I keep having to fight level 46+ players I match like crazy and still lose there so high ranked they don’t even have to match to win

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

The top prize for the Red battles seem to be harder to win than the rest, must be a result of more people playing than the others. Not good

Laura Scott
    @laura-scott

Whatever happened to just regular Angry Birds in Facebook? I DO NOT like these tournaments >:(

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum NO more arena tournaments PLEASE

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Fight! Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.