No More Ad Videos?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum No More Ad Videos?

• For the last week or so, I no longer have the option to play an ad in order to get one more bird, or open another treasure card, etc.  I mean literally no more video ads- which I used a LOT!  Is everyone experiencing this?

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I made an account here to comment on this, since I noticed this happened a few days ago and I thought it was very weird. For more details on what exactly has stopped for me (and likely other people):

– Ad videos for free Arena tickets

– Ad videos for a free birds in the Arena/Daily Challenge/KPP

– Ad videos for an additional free common chest

– Ad videos for a free rare chest

– Ad videos to flip an additional free treasure card (I’d usually be able to watch 4 videos and get all the cards, and sometimes I’d only get 1-3 videos)

This has become especially irritating as I often rely on the free bird ad videos in the Arena and the Daily Challenge/KPP where I know I can win with just one more bird. Now I either have to spend gems for 3 more birds or quit the Arena and lose my streak. Having to be forced to either lose progress or lose gems is unfair.

Also another thing I noticed was that the timer for the KPP was extended to 4 hours about 2 weeks ago and now it’s back to 1 hr. I don’t know if that was intentional or not but it was way better at 4 hours where we can take our time with it. I’d even settle for 3 hours, or 2 even. 1 just feels too limited.

Smohrman
    @smohrman

Thank you for the clarification- excellent description.  Yes, if this keeps up and we don’t get an answer from Rovio I think I’m out.  It’s just not as fun to have to keep bailing on streaks and other levels.  There are other games to play =0p

chrispdog
    @chrispdog

this is ironic, because i seem to be getting more videos. tons more. able to clear all prizes several times in free treasure, free video on first pig of TOF, free video during daily challenge and kpp. rovio is so inconsistent.

Smohrman
    @smohrman

Weird.  The ONLY video I get at all is the one you can watch under Daily Quests.  No other ads/videos at all.  I wonder if it’s a country-by-country thing?  I’m in the US.

chrispdog
    @chrispdog

i also find that if i don’t leave the kpp event i can play it indefinitely.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I forgot to include 2 more things:

– Ad videos for continuing in the ToF

Whenever I play this rigged nonsense, I just hit the FF button and let it run until I hit a pig, then watch the video to continue and then in most cases leave with whatever I have. I’m not a fan of the ToF and certainly won’t spend gems when I know I’m just going to get a pig immediately after. So unless the game decides to let me get to floor 15+ with good prizes, I’m taking what I have and leaving. The video always helps me do that.

– Ad videos for extra lives

This one I don’t use often, but when it’s nice for when I’m stuck on a particularly hard Daily Challenge or KPP and know I’m getting close to beating it. I can normally watch about 5 or so videos before I “run out”.

If any of you follow the Angry Birds 2 FB group, I left a comment on the most recent post with pretty much what I said in my comment here (with added points since I could edit on the fly). Seems like it’s not just me and in fact other people are having the same issues.

@chrispdog
    It’s been strange for me. The ad videos for the rare chests weren’t a thing for me about a year ago. It’s only been within the past few months that I have been getting them, and when I got my first one I was like “oh wow, this is nice”. I’d get several a day and it’s a good source of spells.

The common chests, I constantly got ads for getting a second one,which was a thing ever since I first started playing, though the “flip an additional card” ads are, again, something that I suddenly started getting roughly half a year ago. A welcome addition since even the common chests sometimes were generous.

I also do that with KPP. Sometimes it has me beat so I just stay on the retry screen and let my lives replenish and keep trying. Though from my experience I will eventually get “Time’s up!” and be unable to play anymore; this has happened to me when I stay on the event screen for several hours as sometimes I just can’t beat it.

@smohrman
    It could very well be a country-based thing. That had never occurred to me and I can kinda see that being the case, although you’d think that ad videos would be similar if not the same for all players, with just the ads being based on which country your in. I’m in Sweden, though the ads I get are mostly those click-baity awful ones for games you’ve never heard of that you’ll never play. I just start them, put my tablet down and do something else for 30 seconds while the ad plays, then collect my reward.

Buster
    @doulgas

I suggest you look at a similar thread on this forum: No more rewards for watching videos? There seems to be a strong anecdotal evidence that players who buy things (with real money) often have a different experience — and NOT a better one.

I have never spent real money on AB2 in more than 2 years playing, and it seems the videos just keep increasing. It gets almost annoying slogging through 8-10 ads in a row on the common chest screen. And with rare exceptions I have never failed to receive a video option on TOF, Arena, DC, etc.

This may be Rovio thinking, this guy’s a freeloader so if he wants to play for free, he has to watch a lot of ads….

Geezer
    @geezer59

@Twisted Lemon – Exact same thing here.  Started about a week ago and it was like someone had turned off a switch.  Not a video for anything at any time.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I never once clicked anything in these videos?  The videos have to be a sizable revenue source, no?

Also I’ve noticed that there’s a new minimum when it comes to purchasing extra jewels.  In the past, I could spend .99 and get just enough to finish whatever I was into (60 for an extra 3 birds, for example).  Now the minimum is 4.99.

The slow bleed continues..

Wings
    @arjrick

@smohrman  – I am experienceing exactly what you have descirbed and it has been about 7-8 days for me.

@twistedlemon – what you described of the various places where you get extra bird, chest, chance by watching videos, all of it stopped.  Only Daily Quest video is there.

I have never paid a dime to Rovio (playing for a year) and am in USA.

Because of lack of videos, and the difficulty increasing in the rooms of DC and KPP, I haven’t been able to complete either in a week or so.  Many times I have been where my meter is almost full, the KP is damaged enough and that extra bird by watching video would have resulted in me completing atleast the DC.

Another thing I am noticing for myself is, that in TOF, for the past week, I hit a pig immediately at the second step / level.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

@geezer59 Sounds consistent to what everyone here has been experiencing. Definitely feels like a switch was flicked and all the videos were just suddenly “turned off”. I was getting constant ad videos left and right and now I’m not getting anything. Really hoping it’s just a bug and not intentional, or that the videos are temporarily gone for some technical reason. I don’t see any logical or balance-related reason to why they’d suddenly remove them all, so I’m going on it being a bug.

@arjrick
    Yep, same for me, I still can watch the daily quest video, which rewards you 10 or so gems for doing so. Strangely that works fine, the add plays and I can collect the gems after. Every thing else just stopped just under a week ago now.

ToF has been a constant annoyance for me and I just get in and out as quickly as possible. Since the free continue video is currently gone you either have to play it safe, do like 5 floors, praying you don’t get a pig that early and then leave on the closest safe floor. Or you keep going until you inevitably get a pig and have to pay gems to continue, which a) 20 gems just to continue the first time is already a lot imo b) the game will be just give you a pig on the next 1-2 floors anyway so why bother.

I just do the ToF as it’s often a daily quest and I get the small gem reward for it. For me I don’t care if I leave with a few prizes or leave empty handed, since they’re usually awful anyway and you only get decent stuff past floor 10.

What you said with pigs on the second floor, that happens to me a lot. I’d like to get to at least to floor 5 (the rewards are awful within the first few floors anyway) and then either leave on continue depending on what I have. Getting a pig on immediately out of the gate is just frustrating.

Smohrman
    @smohrman

I just read this on the Rovio AB2 Facebook page:

Danielle Nagele Hi everyone, just got done talking to Rovio about the no more ad videos for free birds issue. They’ve removed this capability from SOME users to capture data on the effect it has. So we’re guinea pigs as they try to get us to spend more money. Unfortunately, it means I quit.

maverick
    @maverick78

It’s really pathetic and disgraceful that rovio is constantly adding and removing video ads from players.  Please explain to me how it’s fair that I have to compete against players in clan battles, arena, and mebc who have the video option for tof hat events, and can accumulate hats so much easier than me, when I have no such option?  Or how it’s fair that they get a video ad for the daily challenge and kpp, when I have never had that ad?

rovio could  care less about a level playing field or the rampant cheating parasites infesting the game.  Their actions on these matters speak for themselves.

Andrew Stewart
    @andrew-stewart

I am experiencing exactly what you all are with the absence of videos except the one for 15 gems. For the one reply about the KPP and not leaving. It will eventually stop. I usually use my lives twice then its  time up.

Wings
    @arjrick

I got the game installed on another phone in my household and lo and behold, I have all the Ad Videos at all the various places it used to have.  Initially I thought it could be region / location related.

Not only that, I get a pig on the second floor on TOF, have been unable to complete any DC in almost a week (always getting 4-4-5 or 4-4-6) and for the past 5 days have been unable to win even a single Arena game even at the start of the streak.

I guess Rovio is telling me to quit playing the game and enjoy summer.  :-)

Are Rose
    @arerose

I’m also not getting ANY videos.. it’s killing it for me. I also can’t file a support ticket bc it’s not their for me under the little cog button. I’m on a 2018 IPad Pro, and I don’t think they formatted it for this device. I’m insanely annoyed and frustrated.

Smohrman
    @smohrman

OK Folks- the videos are finally back for me- are you getting them?

If not it could just be a matter of time.

AngryBoston
    @ogandzyuk

Are all of them back? I still just have some on common chest and one free rare chest daily. No ToF or DC or KPP videos

Smohrman
    @smohrman

Yes- all of them are back for me.  It might be because I contacted support (through the AB2 app) almost daily, and made a stink about it on their FB page.  Maybe they just wanted to shut me up?

AngryBoston
    @ogandzyuk

Lol, then I am not getting this Rovio. For how long have you been “out of free perks”? Maybe they return everything to people over some time

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Yes, I can say, for myself at least, that the ad videos are back, and have been for a few days now. It’s refreshing to get h be able to do everything again, mainly free tickets and extra birds in the Arena so that I can actually stand a chance.

Also the ToF went from being literally impossible; I was getting a pig on the 2nd floor every day for a while, as were other people, pointed out here and on comments on the AB2 FB page. Now it’s back to as it was before, so I can can go back to hitting the fast forward button, letting it cycle through then watch the continue video when the pig eventually shows up. While the ToF is a rigged joke at least it’s better to have a chance to get some stuff as opposed to instant failure on the 2nd floor.

Buster
    @doulgas

I often get a pig on the 2nd floor, but plow on anyway. Today I didn’t get the second pig until 18th floor. Went all the way to 45, which cost some gems but worth it for the jackpot on 40.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum No More Ad Videos?

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.