new update sucks!!!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum new update sucks!!!

• this weeks new update sucks.is it just me or is this happening to everyone.going first in arena battles only happens once in every 12-15 battles and then its only once,and where are all these 30 to 31,000 life point banner sets coming from?i wasted 400 gold coins trying to find these sets but only got what I already have.if this is happening to anyone else let me know because is going first is going to be like this from now on this will be my last week of angry birds epic.on a bad week I might have to reset my fight clock so far this week ive done it 5 times

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

You’re not alone with the coin toss troubles… I lose like 90% of the time. I finally sent a support ticket to Rovio… (@roviobeni: my ticket number is #1304931) I just had enough of this. It kills the fun of PvE for me to constantly lose the toss and therefore be unable to use Chuck in the first round.

The highest banner health I came across was 27,000. I’d assume that if you’re Level 60, Diamond league and enchanted your banner parts all the way up to level 10, and possibly your emblem all the way up to level 6, it’s not impossible to have such high health.

Nick Speranza
    @nick-speranza

You are not the only one having this problem.

It’s apparently happening everywhere. Yesterday (Sunday June 26th), I did 24 arena matches. I lost EVERY coin flip. But I managed to go 21-3 during those matches (Valiant Banner REALLY helps). I haven’t done an arena match with the cheater set but am gonna do that tonight and see what happens.

It’s also possible to get 30,000+ health banners. My Sweet banner was 30,083.

Fluffy
    @flufflemonster

@nick-speranza The maximum health you can get on your banner, assuming your birds are level 60, you have a legendary banner whose pieces are level 62 and max enchanted level 10/10, with a level 61, max-enchanted, 3-star, level 6 emblem, and assuming no banner part modifies the health, is 31,525 health.

My Mana Thunderbird Chuck, Finisher Sea Dog Bomb and Artillery Blues Spies make short work of said banners.

Nick Speranza
    @nick-speranza

Well, still got 3 strikes today, but used elite sonic thunderbird, finisher bomb, and cheater blues, definitely won a lot of tosses tonight. But the need of that is taking away my use of red and unnecessary. I shouldn’t have to use the cheater set JUST to win a fricken toss…

Narc
    @narc

I’m not sure if anyone has seen this before. I’ve been losing to a lot of lower overall power ranked teams. On average, my power ranking in the arena will be 1579 to 1609. Yesterday I didn’t complete the objectives because I lost to three teams with rankings at 1400 or less. It seems that the computer or some players (more than likely it’s the computer) are setting up their team with a low strength banners but high power birds. I didn’t notice until it was too late but the individual birds were ranked higher than each of my own yet the overall ranking was much lower (which lead me to take on the battle). Combine this with the rigged coin toss and I lost the matches easily. This arena is getting incredibly frustrating. I’ve been playing this game since it first came out and have seriously considered quitting it altogether. On another note, I wouldn’t expect rovio to fix this coin toss issue anytime soon since it doesn’t negatively impact their revenue.

angryde
    @angryde

@narc I have made the same mistake… many, many times :-( And you’re not alone in nearing your limit regarding the arena. For me, the rigged coin toss is almost the final straw.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

People i am playing the arena and i am always losing that coin flip i mean what gives? I am starting to loose interest in Epic…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    Welcome to the club, enjoy.

You’re not always losing… Just like 95% of the time.
    Still waiting for a response from Rovio to my ticket about this issue…

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 i will also issue a ticket about the same problem. It sucks all the time to lose and also never to let the chuck to play with! And not to mention i am always facing users with 1300 1350 1380 power and i don’t even have a chance. And not to mention i always facing Platinum class avatars…

And i don’t have the ability to buy lucky coins… I am started to feel somewhat stacked.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    I get enemies between 1100-1450 power… I’m able to beat most of them… but having my Wizard at the start would be nice. Sometimes even my Witch goes KO and I’m left with only Paladin to attack. :(

What league are you in? At some point you’ll inevitably run into enemies with more experience. In my Platinum league last week, there was only one other with a Platinum frame; all others were Diamond.
    In my current Diamond league, ALL have a Diamond frame and I’m the odd one out. XD

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@suzyq @angryde @flufflemonster @smwforever45 @grimmjow

So time for an update:

With Cheater Set equipped:
    Started 6 matches (forfeited all of them after the toss and used 30 LCs to retry after 3 tries) and no opponent had the set

Flips in my favor-> 6 (the coin being False Coin and not the normal one)
    Flips against me -> 0

Without Cheater Set equipped:
    Started 12 matches (forfeited all of them after the toss and used 90 LCs to retry after 3 tries) and no opponent had the set
    Flips in my favor-> 3 (the normal coin)
    Flips against me -> 9

So yeah, the flips have changed for the worse and indeed just as I suspected they are done to make the Cheater Set item more valuable than necessary. If Rovio doesn’t fix it, my suggestion would be to save your LCs and when you get your 5X RR, hunt for the False Coin and Rigged Dice ASAP and enchant them to make them more valuable.

Nick Speranza
    @nick-speranza

Hey at least you got 3 coin wins without the set. I still can’t get a win without the cheater set. Even with the cheater set I still lose some tosses even when the enemy doesn’t have it.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@datguygamer thanks for taking the time to that and report back to us. I have LC’S saved up for the 5X as I’m still after the elusive Dragon’s Tooth to complete that set, so I live in hope that I might get one or the other.

I don’t think the Cheaters set has been very popular really as I haven’t seen it used that much, maybe others have. However, now the odds are against us people will be forced to use it which isn’t really very fair. I can’t understand why this set is so very important to Rovio that they felt the need to mess the game up for the majority of people playing the Arena. If I’m honest I’m finding lossing the coin toss constantly fairly annoying also totally boring. I would feel the same if I won the coin toss constantly. For me the game is becoming less enjoyable as it limps from one disaster to another.

Edit

I have just finished my objectives. I had 5 games in total, amazingly I only lost the coin toss 3 times. Maybe they are sorting it out, we will see.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Can’t do all my objectives again…
    On the first day I got a Skulkers objective.
    Now it’s the third day and I got a Sea Dog objective…
    Really, it’s about time there’s another class sale so I can finally get more classes.

I do what I can do, though. Although the coin tosses don’t make it easy. I almost failed at yesterday’s “3 banner defeats with the Rage Chilli” objective… still got it, but with two losses.
    Currently at #7 but that’ll change. A few people in my league are taking it slow but there’s one EXTREME grinder at #1.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 i am 1260 & 1270 power and i was in Golden League and some 3-4 week a month or so in a night i was down to wooden league? I was struggling to be at 7th place (no need my self to go back at wooden league) and now a month after that fall i am strangle my self to keep up at the stone league!

And i don’t have any LC i am having only 44 i spend to many at Riot X5 many LC and i finally got some decent equipment and i don’t have in my country any way to buy gift cards to buy LC! And i can’t even use a visa card to buy also because we are having capital controls and we can’t buy on-line nothing.

And i am not a person that i will spend money on a game. I believe i should gain what i need through the game without the need to buy them.

And in my eyes the Epic is a very greedy game!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    Capital controls? Sounds like Greece? I suffer for you guys, the world is treating you so badly :(

I’m at 1100-1200 power right now. You could be getting worse enemies than that…

You should have written Rovio to push you up to a better league when the issue was still recent… I did so, if I hadn’t done that I might still be in Silver League :(

I only do 1 spin in 5xRR every month. Otherwise, I’m relying on the free GPM spins. I need the LC’s for more classes…

I spent money once. It really is worth it because it gets rid of ALL advertisements… If you have no possibility though I completely understand that :(

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 yeap i am from Greece and i am also live in Greece.

I didn’t know about that you can push you to another league! In any case the game is becoming more greedy. I can’t afford buying those LC. And i don’t have other ways buying any LC.

And in last Tinker challenge i didn’t take part because i didn’t have the LCs to buy energy drinks so i didn’t play at all. only 2 times and i got 500 medals all together.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    Thought so… What do you think of the Greek government?

Yeah they can push you into another league by editing your save file! You won’t see it until the end of the week, and you need to give Rovio a VERY good reason why you should be promoted… but they will do it.

Be glad you can even play… Many people in Greece are in a much worse situation than you :(

You can play more than 2 times, even without spending LC’s! Every 15 minutes, you get 1 free energy. After 3 hours and 30 minutes, you can play another 2 times. I got over 10,000 medals only by playing like this. It was definitely possible. (I only spent a few LC’s for energy drinks at the end so I could finish in 8th rank instead of 9th.)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Never thought you’d be interested in Capital reckoning or Government undertaking. Wow.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 Our government is a crap of bullshit. Many old people trusted them their lies and fell victims. In anyway i am trying some ways to leave my country in the next months so i am trying my best..

I am glad that i can still have what i own and i don’t have to sell them to live.
    But the problem is more complex from what it appears from the outside.

Anyway, can i still issue a ticket for changing my league right now?

As for the Tinker challenge it didn’t mater me any way because i have already Druid at Mastery 9 (only a few 12,000 points) to have 10 and the Cleric i am left her back at 6? I didn’t play with her because i seeing the Druid more effective than Cleric. Also i have a Legendary full Setup Honey Sweet what was called that setup. And the Honey vase is level 62 with 3 upgrades and the spoon of honey is level 58 with 5 upgrade so it’s strong for now my Matilda with the druid and the sweet setup of legendary weapon.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer @elpapam
    Pardon me, that is what I study about. :P Political science. I’m actually doing something about Greek capital controls as a project right now, and how it all was discussed and whether philosophers like Hegel and Marx, or economists like Keynes and Friedman, had an influence on it.

Yeah I agree… Syriza had a great vision, but I believe the EU, Troika, IMF etc. managed to suppress them so much they gave up and became like any other government. Europe doesn’t want left governments. They want governments that do what they’re told to do. Shame. It’s also why I support Brexit.

—-

I’m not sure, I guess you could try and convince them that you were a victim of the Arena bug.

I like Witch and Bard more than Cleric, too. But I like the headgear upgrades and I’m a collector so I try to go for everything anyway. :P

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@elpapam Political Science interesting. Syriza might have in the beginning very nice dreams indeed an many people fall victims to it. Many people trusted them. Before my father is at age 74 working at the ship yard in iron forge processing and have had 37 years of work in his life, and now before two years he had his first heart attack and the now isn’t able to work. And his paycheck of his retirement was around 900 euro per month, now after cutting down he is taking around 680 euro per month and has to pay for medics 125 euros the monthly rent and telephony electricity and other staff plus the taxes of Enfia (the tax that you have the luck to own a house) and he is 74 years old.

Myself speaking i am already 32. I have already 13 years doing multiple jobs because many of them where been closing due economical problems for 4 years i was working as security night shifts at ship yard as well and i might loose my job after breaking my leg and having trouble for some time heal my body, thankfully i am getting better. But for 4 months now i didn’t take any paycheck from my work I am spending from what i was safe keeping. And also helping my father economically.

Those last two Years of Syriza bring up on us a big tragedy our country is now back at 0.

As for the epic i only took the game interest in the hospital trying to kill my time and now after some months i starting loosing interest.

well just for the record, I think the last update was made to make us spend on lucky coins on purpose, this is what I saw the in the last few days and counting:

coin flip
    loss – win
    24-6
    18-4
    22-9
    20-3
    16-4 <- today

i counted only the ones I won/lost without having the new set that gives you extra 50% chance, i tried with it and still lost, so I can tell that it is on purposed biased and gives less than 25% chance to win the coin toss. What is most frustrating is that every day I stopped playing because I lost 3 games, almost every game starts with 1 or 2 birds dead and the 3rd one almost dead or about to die the next turn because is 1 versus 3 birds, so turn 2 is try to kill something fail, then turn 3 all birds dead, and finally lose on turn 5 or 6 because i lost the coin flip, simple stupid.

I used to win a lot of the coin flips before, more than 50% of the times, and now you can see the numbers, almost impossible to win it, and this is made on purpose so people can’t complete the daily quest and instead force people to spend lucky coins to maybe be able to complete one more. Also, I noticed that almost every time I lose a match I am almost guaranteed to have a next opponent with lower score and guaranteed a coin flip win, that’s why I have 3-4 wins because those were the ones I won after I lost a match and a little bit of luck.

Joe
    @jee1278

exactly they made the coin toss so fed up so we would spend the 20 to keep playing,and after all the complaining all rovio does is offer cheap prices on gold coins for 7 day instead o fixing the issue at hand.b
    my opinon is rovio saying if you wanna play you have to spend a lot of money.if us as players stop buying the gold coins and essence stones and make rovio listen to us if we all unite and not buy anything from rovio until they fix the toss.stand with me fellow arena battlers!

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

i stopped playing arena battles it’s a feilure ti’s total wasting my time.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum new update sucks!!!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.