New Update for March 27, 2019

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Update for March 27, 2019

• There is an update listed in Google play. Has anyone downloaded it? Does it have to do with the new bird?

Update: yep, the new bird, Bubbles, will be here in a little over 2 days.

Update 2: they changed the shuffle card button to where the ff button is. I keep pressing it accidently, why do they keep ruining this game more and more. :(

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Replies
  • JJ
    @jj-gotcha

Great!  New ways for people to lose gems without trying….  I use FF all the time!

I already have issues with being on a specific clan event page,  temporarily turning device off, then back on and it automatically starts a game (costing gems and time I might not have been planning just then).  Am starting to wonder whether these are bugs or on-purposes??

I have not installed update yet, but was told that MEBC and some other things are different as well.  Any details there?  I know we’ll be forced to update (likely tomorrow)  but wd like to know what I’m in for. 😉

SB311
    @sb311

@jj-gotcha, there is a little indicator light next to clan members that show if they are active in the clan right now (green) or not (yellow and it says when you were last active ie 2 days, 17 hours). Not sure if I like this or not. :/

JJ
    @jj-gotcha

I wd question its validity, SB.  We see people in our clan w extra birds activated or other items that show us they are playing “something” (winning arena streaks, hats, etc., though not necessarily clan stuff.  Someone might go into an event and not play…am guessing the indicator wd count that, based on how daily tasks work.

What’s really needed in clan, imo, is ability to message members (from leaders) if they are not helping when needed, permanent bans/kicks for trolls, and longer length area for clan banner message (since many do not use chat).

Is FF gone then?  Or does it flip-flop with shuffle?  Either way, will drive me bonkers!

SB311
    @sb311

@jj-gotcha, it shows the shuffle button until every pig has been popped and then it changes to the ff button, but i always press over there too early and keep catching it before all the pigs have popped.

Luckily, you have to confirm you want to pay the 20 gems to shuffle the cards by pressing another button unlike the rare and legendary chests. Hint hint, Rovio.

JJ
    @jj-gotcha

You are SO right about the need for confirmation to spend gems on chests, as well as in that situation I mentioned earlier.  When screen wakes on a clan event landing page, it auto-starts a round (and eats gems).

I have hit the purple chest by accident a few times when claiming a free prize.  Have learned to tap well below that area, but it was very, very costly!

Thanks for the heads-up on the button functions.  I have heard MEBC and Clan Battle play differently as well.  Clan battle has been hard enough, imo!

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@sb311, I just noticed this. Is there an error with version, because the one I got is v2.27.0 (Not Set) only?

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

Did they even test it before the update? It’s very stupid to put the shuffle button there, I have accidentally pressed it many times.

The last active time in the clan is useless, what’s the difference between someone saw a clan event but not playing it and someone missed one? If someone pretends to miss a clan event, he/she simply doesn’t press the clan icon and playing the other sections.

Imo they should allow people to copy and paste in the clan chat, so even if members are speaking different languages, they can still copy the text to google translate.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

The shuffle button change was brain dead idea! I’ve tapped the cursed button accidentally couple times, too. Not much of an update, as it’s missing good changes and introducing just poor choices.

Maybe there’s at least something useful in the update and I’ve just missed it?

AngryBirdStar
    @maria-cilento

The shuffle button chance is a total disgrace!!!

AngryBirdStar
    @maria-cilento

I mean the shuffle button change, I press it all the time… why Rovio???

SB311
    @sb311

@maria-cilento, I hate it too and I have no idea why they would put it there. Maybe something to do with the new bird. :/

Another small update in the Google play app for today, March 29th.

Buster
    @doulgas

Contrarian view here. I think I’ll like that feature once I get used to it. I play on a phone and screen space is precious. This game has already gotten too cluttered with icons that get in the way of playing the game. Too many developers thinking up too many “cool” features that are mostly useless. I’d prefer the shuffle icon not be there at all, but if it has to, it’s okay with me to swap it out with FF. I just have to retrain myself since I use FF a lot.

garethw
    @garethw

More crap from rovio today – Missing Link ads that freeze and won’t clear.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

For once I ran into problem that is not caused by AB2. Blaming for an update was not even on table. Charging port of my tablet (with main account) seems to be taking its last breaths. If I remember correctly, It’s already fixed once, but I have to take it to service soon…

BirdPower
    @birdpower

After this update, suddenly Angry Birds 2 is now forcing me to watch videos. After a few minutes of playing, an advertisement video pops-up- NO REWARDS RE GIVEN FOR THIS EITHER. If this continues, I am going to quit purchasing gems and quit playing all together

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@birdpower Remember every time you complete watching an ad, Rovio gets a kickback of $x.00 provided by AdChoices or whomever is paying them to host their spam.

They can make more money by running ads than they can by you buying (or not) their in-game items. So now you are being forced to sacrifice your bandwidth, gaming experience, and time so that Rovio can squeeze another buck out of its player base.

I walked away from this game a few weeks ago for this reason. It’s a fun game, but no way is it worth this.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

More popups and ads than usually here, too. To top that, I just got an ad that crashed the game… again.

SB311
    @sb311

I’m so tired of the event pop ups everytime I start the game and pop ups about the second AB movie.

I haven’t encountered the new video ads for nothing in return, @birdpower, but it is probably only a matter of time. :(

Buster
    @doulgas

The increased no-reward videos are happening when you play the map, at least on my device. It seems the slightest screen refresh or reload will trigger one. At least they do still offer a FF option after the first few seconds.

AngryBoston
    @ogandzyuk

I just did notice that after last update I am seeing less opportunities to watch a video to pick 2/5,3/5,4/5,5/5 rewards in common chests. Before game used to offer to watch a video and pick extra reward(s). Does anyone else noticed this? (I also assume this could happen to my account only, after I have purchased for the first time in 1 year some gems, that way Rovio forces folks to keep spending real money)

Also the level of difficulty in arena went up – without spells sometimes it’s tough to win even first game of the row.

Another observation – I used to receive daily two free rare chests (“You found rear chest!” by watching video), now I am getting just one.

Can anyone else share if they have the same observations?

SB311
    @sb311

@ogandzyuk

Yes, totally agree about the free pick another card in the free common chests. Feels like it only happens three times now when it used to be 5+.

The free bird option in the arena has been coming and going for me. Lost 3 matches yesterday when the option never showed up and they were all for level 4 for the two tickets. Very frustrating.

The first level of the arena is crazy difficult and then 2 and 3 are okay and level 4 goes back to super difficult. I haven’t made it past level 4 in a while now. I have stopped spending any gems. If I lose, i lose.

I only get one free rare chest and I keep picking the crappiest prize, which is a hat for twenty BP and all the 3 spell cards and large feather prizes remain. :(

I have been missing the 3 spell cards pretty consistently in the last few days. Every free chest that has one or two, I always seem to miss it by one card. I have no spells at all right now but I refuse to waste gems on them. :(

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

I’ve found even more annoying thing than video option disappearing. It’s when it’s there, but not working. Just recently I reached ToF level just one short of Jackpot egg. I was 2 coins short of required 400, but hey… there’s a video option, right?

I got “Video not available”. Tried again, with same results. Thinking there was a temporary server problem, I waited a few minutes and tried again… with same result. After a couple of retries later, the game crashed. Goodbye, Jackpot egg. Goodbye all the other rewards. Goodbye coins I already invested.

I’ts only matter of (short) time, before I will reply “Goodbye, AB2”. :(

garethw
    @garethw

Don’t bet on using the video option for anything at the moment.

All I’ve got for the past day is the Bonus Game ad which flicks into the Wonder Park screen which freezes.

Rovio you really are scum.

garethw
    @garethw

Don’t bet on using the video option for anything at the moment.

All I’ve got for the past day is the Bonus Game ad which flicks into the Wonder Park screen which freezes.

Rovio you really are money-grabbing good for nothings these days.

garethw
    @garethw

A day later and the bad video is still there causing the game to freeze.

Thats all it offers me at the moment.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Update for March 27, 2019

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.