New soft launched game – AB Dream Blast

Home Forums General Discussions Forum New soft launched game – AB Dream Blast

• Earlier this month Rovio soft launched yet another match-3 Angry Birds game, titled “Angry Birds Dream Blast” (on Google Play and iTunes). The birds have an interesting movie-styled hatchling design.

From the gameplay I’ve seen, it’s somewhat like Angry Birds Blast, except the blocks fall based on physics into an uneven pile instead of a neat grid (so even more uncertainty and randomness, yippee…)

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Replies
  • You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

Man… Rovio really needs to get back to their roots so we don’t have to do it for them.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

It doesn’t look too bad and I might try it but yuck, no more puzzle games! All we want is the classic flinging action.
    Thanks for the info though!

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@joseantonio, At least it’s not Agri Birds or Angry Birds Stretch.  Yuck. What I really wanna see is the alpha to this mystery game.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Oh god not again. Rovio has realised what an easy milking game match 3 games are which takes no efforts but riddle them with micro-transactions and it’s a gold mine for them. Here’s hoping it gets shelved early. Games like this need to die. Plus that awful movie design is just the icing on the crap cake.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@datguygamer What the gaming industry needs is originality. Every game on mobile is practically a match 3 or farming/town/manager/whatever you wanna call it, every game on PC is practically a FPS/Horror, and every game on console practically FPS/Racing. I miss classic mobile games that involved physics, old PC games that were simulation based, and old console games that were platformers.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

Alright so I downloaded the game and played the first 11 levels and I can tell you is the worst thing ever.

First of all there’s no tutorial, you have to figure it all out by yourself (not that I needed it though).
    Then there’s no score nor stars, you only have to clear levels, so there’s absolutely no challenge besides the amount of moves.
    Also the background music, sounds, graphics and everything is completely focused to childs/babies.
    And finally, the worst thing of the entire game, the in-app purchases. Absurd prices for coins and the rewards for clearing levels are just dumb.
    The only good thing of the entire game are the character designs, too bad they were created and used for this attempt of a game.

Seriously if Rovio keeps on doing these kind of games they won’t even reach 2020 before leading into bankruptcy.
    They really need to get back to their roots and make a new slingshot game or the entire AB series will die sooner than later.

I agree with both of you @beakymcfeather and @datguygamer.

Though I think Agri Birds is like 10 times bether than this game, at least it had more stuff.
    And what is AB Stretch? The name sounds kinda familiar to me.
    Also that mystery game is probably scrapped by now, unfortunately.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@beakymcfeather There are still console games that branch out with different genre and same with PC and those games are ports of console games in some cases or exclusives. Even on mobile, there are games that do different things. There is variety if you look for it. What I am saying is that Rovio specifically is making the same games over and over with lots of ways to make you spend money and Match 3 games are already abundant in app stores. Plus, it has those movie based designs which I loathe (along with the movie itself).

In essence, this “game” (although that’s a stretch) needs to die and fast.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Man another match 3 game?

Bejeweled and Toon Blast do Rovios match 3 better.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@datguygamer I agree with you. That way Rovio may realize they are going the wrong way and start making good games again.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@thepeckybird It’s not really a match 3 game but it’s another puzzle game so it’s almost the same thing.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

Let’s just give them time to see their success in the failure…then, once again, classic flingers will be in the spotlight.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

I could not agree more with that.

Wahyu
    @nurw

New game is 3 movie style again? No, more better if they can bring ab fight for best mach 3-RPG, toons mpre better than movie

Power Pork
    @abginebird

Another match 3 puzzle games…

meh.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

@rowdypup

Failure? The money they can get out of these type of games is basically one of their biggest source, and if the income stops they just make another one.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@abginebird You’re right, what Rovio will probably end up doing (If their listening to what’s going on The Nest) is continuing to pump out Match 3 games while still experimenting and making fling games, and if they make enough money they’ll (hopefully) consider continuing PC games.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

Ha ha, Rovio.  You did it aga- wait, they’re serious!  Angry Birds Blast Island is still up?  Everybody do the conga, we’ve got the Blast trifecta over here.

Edit:  This just got real serious: https://angrybirdsdreamblast.rovio.com/hc/en-us

Power Pork
    @abginebird

@sumobro Angry Birds Blast Trilogy for Ps4 and Xbox one confirmed!

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@abginebird I’m still waiting for Angry Birds Trilogy to make it to Steam, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch

They killed it. How could they?

@joseantonio
    Angry Birds Stretch was another April Fools game based on Snake that Rovio posted an article about, but things won’t be all bad, most of the game will probably go to the community like Ecco the Dolphin or it’ll go the route that Sonic did and We’ll get something similar to Sonic Mania. Or it’ll get bought out by another company that cares about the fanbase (despite how obscure it is these days).

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@beakymcfeather Oh yeah, I remember it now! Even that one looks better than this new “game”

OldHickory
    @oldhickoryab

Great…another Angry Birds game is just what we need.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum New soft launched game – AB Dream Blast

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.