New Levels 2.7.1 Update

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Levels 2.7.1 Update

• Has anyone played any of the new levels that are in today’s update? If you have, could you provide a description of them or a screen shot? I am hoping they are more original than the last 40 levels (New York). It sounds like the arena maybe fairer. Past week has been really difficult in Arena. I have 39 points in Diamond and had the lead this morning. Normally by this time of the week, I have somewhere above 150. It seemed like almost all the matches were mismatches based on levels and bird levels.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Have played the first four, but apologies as no screenshots. 581 and 582 – did both at first attempt, which rarely happened with the levels immediately before, so seemed easier. 583 was labelled ‘hard’ but finished at second attempt, spending 60 gems as it seemed worth it to get an elusive red treasure chest which had popped up, which gave a mighty eagle as a reward so glad I did. 584, also straightforward. Not done a Boss level yet, but overall nowhere near as bad as the levels 500 upwards.
    There are new gravity pigs which explode upwards in sparkles!
    Overall, a little different and less demanding judging by the ones done so far.

Old Man Bird
    @oldmanbird

@djangosmum Are the levels a new theme or a rehash of older levels like Pig Apple? Are they original like the Gravity Grove and Pig Bay were? Thanks for your comments.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@oldmanbird – sorry to disappoint you but the 20 new levels so far, the Hamalayas, are a rehash of Mount Evernest, all snow scenes and geysers. I personally find them more fun to play than the Pig City with annoying trampolines and fans. So unfortunately, not original. We’ll have to wait and see what the Madagooscar levels are all about – like you would like to see something different.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@djangosmum I bet the “Madagooscar” level pack will likely be a reslash of the Bamboo Forest- to replicate the cloud forest biomes and exotic foliage of the real Madagascar (Madagascar even has bamboo in some regions- the main diet of some lemurs), which is a bummer because Rovio should put some stand-alone attributes exclusive to every world, such as pagodas in historical Shangham, tall skyscrapers in the bustling metropolis of New Pork City/The Pig Apple, small farms in the rural Greenerville, mountains in the rugged Fluttering Heights (there are- I just wish there were more), the Golden Gate Bridge in Ham Francisco, and more of an eerie, ominous appearance in the Greasy Swamp and Misty Mire- more effort should really be put into the backdrops of all the worlds, to make them special and not just reproductions of each other

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@rowdypup- I like your ideas, ( not to mention the ineresting fact about lemurs!) They could also vary the accompanying music to suit the different chapters to add to the atmosphere. (Maybe they already do this but I turned the background music off ages ago as it was so annoying).

Mancala Parakin
    @mancala-parakin

@rowdypup I would think Madagooscar would be like Snotting Hill minus the Hallowe’en decorations, scenery and music. In other words, just a basic Bamboo Forest level pack with slime.
    As for the Hamalayas — obviously the mountain chain that contain Mt Evernest;)) Could be because the Southern Hemisphere is going into winter soon.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I got through the first two of the new levels with problems and then blew all five lives on the third one. They weren’t kidding about it being hard, though it’s not quite Gravity Grove hard.

I had yet to see how the white, sparkly anti-gravity explosions from killing the new pig affect me either positively or negatively. For now it just just like when things explode in slo-mo in an action movie as the hero is just barely jumping clear of the ball of flames in the nick of time, then it suddenly goes back to regular speed again.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@djangosmum I sent a request to Rovio about the extra background decorations (via Facebook) and here’s their reply:

Me: “hey Rovio? There are many Angry Birds 2 fans out there talking about the world map designs and the backgrounds of the levels- they are wanting you to consider puttingsome stand-alone attributes exclusive to every world, such as pagodas in historical Shangham, tall skyscrapers in the bustling metropolis of New Pork City/The Pig Apple, small farms in the rural Greenerville, mountains in the rugged Fluttering Heights (there are- I just wish there were more), the Golden Gate Bridge in Ham Francisco, and more of an eerie, ominous appearance in the Greasy Swamp and Misty Mire- more effort should really be put into the backdrops of all the worlds, to make them special and not just reproductions of each other”
    Rovio: “Feedback noted and passed to the Dev team!”

Wow! Our little thread may just become a reality if Rovio decides to accept it (which I see no reason why they won’t, considering the fact that they will do anything to make their games better)- it may take a while to do the designing and coding, but AB 2 should (may) be seeing more detail in the world map sometime soon! :)

cognitive
    @cognitive

And please stop the rain in EVERY LEVEL. Yea, we know you can do awesome animated backgrounds. But they’re pointless after a while…

David Martin
    @david-martin

Did they ever fix the “black fly” zipping around in the background of Pigsyland? That thing is super distracting.

These new levels can suck it as far as I’m concerned. Ten tries and I still can’t pass 583. It’s not even challenging in a new and interesting way – just more random floating obstacles getting in the way of your aim, and getting the wrong birds on even one of the six screens dooms you to waste several.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@rowdypup – good for you for getting in touch with Rovio with some positive suggestions – they must get sick of all the (mainly) negative feedback!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Levels 2.7.1 Update

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.