New iOS update…June 5

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New iOS update…June 5

• I’m too fearful to do this update right now…and not before I do a complete back up.

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

Thanks for the heads up. It reminded me to turn off auto update apps ;-)

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

No problems & nothing seems to be missing :-)

Scott
    @fsck101

No problems with the update but unfortunately it doesn’t seem to help with the lvl 10 TF insta-die problem. Maybe once I clear the 5 Very Hard levels that have been sitting on my map for a week using skywarp, things will change, but I’m not hopeful.

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

Upgrading the “stuck” character helped me a lot instead of maxing out my daily allotment of Skywarps. (takes patience & time though) Most of my characters were at Level 7 & a couple were Level 8. I have 14 left to have them all at level 8, but I am completing the easy, medium & hard events that were impossible to get through before once their upgrade is finished.

Guessing since this wasn’t discovered until later, it will be addressed when the next update rolls out?

ScottyUK
    @scottyuk

If it wasn’t for this thread I wouldn’t have known mine had been updated. No issues so far

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

So does anyone know what this new v1.5.19 update is about?

The only description available is:

“We addressed some minor issues in order to improve the user experience”

which is pretty much the same description as that given originally (but later corrected) for the v.1.5.15 update, which as we now know was totally inaccurate given the massive changes in gameplay that resulted (missions, Arcee and Airachnid, etc.).

Should I just assume that this is for fixing the crash-on-95%-of-startup bug that some iOS users are still experiencing ever since 1.5.15 came out, and which Android users got a fix for a little over a week ago?

cc: @rumblebee @gradientturtle7

Baconizer
    @korath88

@optimuspig They added a few new accessories for Soundwave, Bludgeon and Heatwave.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@korath88

OK thanks. So in other words, not really worth bothering with unless you’re still suffering from the crash-on-startup bug or you really love accessories.

Baconizer
    @korath88

Yep. No major additions.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Yeah it’s the fix to the crash bug. Sorry about the delay to all those who were suffering.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

I did the update, no issues. And Same here, @fsck101, it’s still insta-death on all level 10 TFs, cost me 1800 coin to recharge them while they wait around to go on missions.

oldschool
    @oldschool

The update in a nutshell:

“An amazing wait fest.”

If someone is used to making videos, I got nice ideas for a ABT “Guide” for this update.

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

At least IOS got the update, droid is still on 1.5.18 which is bug city!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@andrewmarlor v1.5.18 for Android is pretty much the same thing as v1.5.19. Both were just to fix the crash-on-startup bug that’s been plaguing users since the v1.5.15/16 update a few weeks ago, none of the other major issues have been addressed on either platform.

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

Well from talking to support, there is supposed to be a fix for the chaos that ABT has with Lollipop, the fix is done and ready but it’s not going out till next update. I find it odd that Ravio was able to patch 1.5.15 in what 2-3 days for droid but its taken them 2+ weeks to patch the same issue with IOS??? Sorry not buying it.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

From what I understand Apple is pretty picky about releasing updates, hence the delay. Just be glad it got released when it did at all.

I’m more concerned about the other bugs which are making this game unplayable even when it does manage to start up.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

@andrewmarlor

“Well from talking to support, there is supposed to be a fix for the chaos that ABT has with Lollipop, the fix is done and ready but it’s not going out till next update.”

Is this true?

I can’t wait to be able to actually play the game to its full extent!

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

@marioandsonic This is what I got from Ravio.

Joonas, Jun 5, 08:31:
    Hello there,

Unfortunately we can’t release updates on such a short notice, the future update will include a lot of new features to the game, so the update needs to be thoroughly tested before the launch. After we have submitted the update, it will also take some time to get through different app store review policies, so unfortunately we can’t release updates very quickly, I hope you understand. So yes, the issue is fixed but it will be seen in the near future when we get a green light for the official release of the update.

Unfortunately we can’t tell when the next update is released exactly, it might be fixed tomorrow or two weeks from now. I know how frustrating this issue must be to you, but I promise you that we are experiencing the same feelings at the moment. We’d love nothing more than to get this game operational again, we are all hoping here that the update goes through sooner rather than later. This is why I ask you to stretch your patience just a little bit more, we are doing everything in our power to get the fix out there as soon as possible.

Once again, I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused,

My apologies,

Joonas
    Rovio Support Team

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

@andrewmarlor

So in summary:

Soon™

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New iOS update…June 5

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.