MEBC suddenly got HARD!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum MEBC suddenly got HARD!

• I’m somewhat fresh to this game still, and some of the mechanics are confusing me:

I recently finished my first season in “Mighty Eagle’s Bootcamp”, ending up with just above 2000 coins after my frame was reset. During that season I consistently made the top 10 in my local group of competitors, sometimes number 1, and ended up among the top 5 total (cant remember exactly).

Now however, I can’t for the life of me get above 50th place local, usually way below that too! I get that theres some adjustments based on your rank or something, but right now its impossible for me to make a single coin beyond the few I get for each room.

Is there anything I can do to affect this? What decides how hard my competition is? Right now its really frustrating, at this rate it will take months to get enough for the next hat on sale..

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Replies
  • VisumDnB
    @visumdnb

I was going to post something similar, last season I consistently finished top 10 daily and ended up winning the local season (which there was no prize for), now each day people with much less flock power than me seem to rack up double my score and I’m finding it hard to place even top 100 some days

Salmotrutta9
    @salmotrutta

I did great in the local group last season.  This season, however, i have been grouped with people that have much higher FP than i do.  Just when you think you are on top Rovio smushes you.  I can score well over 100 million in the arena and clan battles all day long.  I play mebc and average about 75 million.  It is very frustrating.  I’ve gotten to the point where i won’t play a second time.  It is a waste of my gems.

garethw
    @garethw

Pretty similar experiences to me – it seems AB2 is the only game out there that the more you play the worse you get.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Todays MEBC was a slaughter. Could only muster 38 mil, when i usually score 60-70 mil. The scientist pig always turned everything into stone, and had a lone pig in every f*cking room. Couple that with the fact that I cant get the extra cards, and I am considering giving up on MEBC

APN
    @apn19

i definitely think it has got harder in the new update and now requires you to finish both the daily challenge and king pig challenge to score a half decent score

as a test today i used my free go with no extra birds and got 44 million and 46 in the local board then once i finished the 2 challenges did it again and got 75 million which was 7th on local board

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Unfortunately, i have to wait 83 days to play DC again 😢

Chuck Angry
    @chuck-angry-2

I am not near the top of my local board anymore. I think I made the mistake of entering the MECB challenge after getting 3 event hats.   I am way out of my league vs someone with higher per bird average fp.

nubie
    @nubie

this new extra cards reward from DC and KPP are really good new feature

Nurw0440
    @nurw0440

MEBC suddenly getting hard! I thought only me having problem about the leaderboard. Usualy i can get top 50 , but tgis time its getting hard af. Even if i can get an extra card from DC

hogbeater
    @stedman42

Don’t like bragging, but I find the converse to be true.. Last season, I sometimes came 3rd on the daily charts (but ended up as first in the season chart). I found it very difficult to keep coming top of the daily chart. Sometimes this other player got 10 million or more than me.

Now, the opposite is true. For example, this evening the top score in my local leaderboard was 79 million. I had a go and  got 109 million. This sort of thing happens every day. Even when I don’t get the extra 2 birds I usually come top (but with a much smaller margin). I am usually getting the 2 extra birds so that I get more eagle boot camp points, and get to emerald I frame quickly. I am then planning on not playing MEBC again this season, as I will at that stage have approximately 7000 coins and will have enough to buy a Roman hat and the next discounted ninja hat.

Snow7501
    @snow7501

Hi Folks,

I’m glad I found this forum, and hope to get help here. I’m quite a recent player compared to most of you I guess, I’ve been playing for about 90 days only, but I’ve gathered quite a lot of information, and I’ve been able to progress a lot in my gameplay thanks to the videos posted on Youtube.

Anyway, rather than starting a new thread, I digged that one since it’s related to my questions on MEBC. During the first season I played, I also always finished in the top 5 every day and even won the local leaderboard. When the second season started, it was during a hat event, and I found myself amidst of players who ended up with much higher levels than I was once the hat event was over, and it’s been hard to fight throughout the season. Now that we’re reaching the end of this season and close to start a new one, I’m looking for a better strategy and have questions.

1/ From what I understood, when a new season starts, your local leaderboard will be defined depending on your FP, is that correct?

2/ If that’s correct, then the strategy should be to be at a lower FP, is this correct?

If I’m right on these two points, then my idea is to avoid playing the current hat event. Since it started, I have strived to never go further than level 9 in the tower of fortune so that I won’t get many hats (I only have Red’s so far, which has allowed me to still complete the first three levels of the Ornate adventure, but I doubt that I can complete level 4 with only Red).

On this day (November 29th), the hat event has 5/6 days to go, and the MEBC has 2/3 days to go. Like I said, I’m quite new in the game, but the last time, the new season started just two days after the previous one ended. I once read that it’s not regular, but if it happens again the same way, should I guess that the new season will start in about 5 days, which should give me about one day to try and complete the hat adventure?

Even if it’s not the case, my guess is that it’s still worth not playing the hat adventure (since the rewards aren’t even great this time compared to previous hat adventures I saw), and to keep a low FP for when the new MEBC season starts.

Anyway, I’d just like your thoughts and read about your strategies, so thanks in advance to whoever will reply :)

hogbeater
    @stedman42

@snow7501

What you are saying is right. Do not get any more hats. And let your hatchling fly away.

When the new season starts, try getting all the hats (plus duplicates) and start off with your hatchling again. You will then have a higher FP than those in your leaderboard who already collected the hats. And if you get up to a 3rd level hatchling, that will increase your FP by another 24.

The other thing you can do is make your lowest FP extra bird the active one.

Doom Baby
    @doombaby

@snow7501

The rewards you get from MEBC are nowhere near  as valuable as 70,000 pearls worth of free hats you’re purposely avoiding getting. Even if you were to place first every single day for the next 45 days in MEBC, that’s only 2,250 coins – not even half of what you would need just to buy a single x11 hat. Focus on getting all of the hats in in the TOF, don’t focus on the MEBC, the rewards in there aren’t that valuable.

hogbeater
    @stedman42

@doombaby

I see what you are saying, but I never advised snow7501 to avoid getting the next hat set from the ToF. I advised to wait till the next season starts, and then get them. But I disagree with what you say. The discounted hats from MEBC are 1500 coins each. And if you were to place first for 45 days in MEBC you would get 2250 bonus coins, plus the coins you actually get from doing it (I average 35-42 per run) plus the bonus at the end of the season (usually 2000). Remember, the MEBC hats can only be obtained from doing MEBC, they are X11 hats and once you get a set you upgrade your slingshot.
    As I have obtained all the hats I can obtain from the normal hat store, and currently have over 200 000 pearls, I guess I’m not that bothered if I save pearls or not. I just wish there was a way you could convert your pearls into either feathers or gems.

Doom Baby
    @doombaby

@stedman42

They’re still just x11 hats, that’s only one point more than the legendary hats which are winnable in the TOF. It would be one thing if they were x15, but 1 extra point is not worth that much, and you still need an entire set of those to rank up your slingshot – you’re definitely not doing that in one season of MEBC.

Snow7501
    @snow7501

Hi there

thank you so much for your advice, to you both. I agree that the hats are important, but I’d just like to try this “strategy” once for MEBC, and I’ll still have two days to try to get some of the event hats and perhaps complete the adventure.

So I’ve let my hatchling fly and the new one will hatch tomorrow once the new season has begun.

Now I’m wondering: when is it that the game determines your level local group exactly? Is it like today, ie between the end of the previous season and the new one, or is it after the season has begun and at the moment you really enter the MEBC part of the game?

Thanks for all the help!

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

@ snow7501, it’s equal to the arena. When you start MEBC for the first time after the end of the season, you will automatically be placed in a group. So it’s important to get your FP as low as possible beforehand. As the others have said, don’t upgrade birds, don’t complete a hat set, let your hatchling fly and choose your extra bird with the lowest FP.

I think it’s important to buy the discounted hats for 1500 MEBC coins. Later it will be difficult to catch up because they will cost 5000 coins. I would only spend MEBC coins on feathers and gems if I really had them left over. I think they are too expensive in the shop.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I’ve noticed that scores have gone through the roof lately for the top tier (paying) players, even without a running hat adventure. Normally I get at least 32 points every day assuming a good run. Now I’m lucky to get that on a near record run and barely get out of the 20s on an average run.

Yesterday was my best score, over 100M, and all I got out of it was 32 points, and came in dead last in my group. The leader was over 300M (I smell either cheating or gross manipulation) but #2 was only at 175M. Same for today; the leader is the same guy and miles ahead of everyone else.

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

@aggieguy, take a screenshot from that guy and report him to Rovio. If his FP is not similar to the whole group Rovio will remove him from the group. I did so in another case of manipulation in my MEBC group. Don’t know how those guys get managed to be in a group with lower FP.

rgc
    @rgc1

I have found that since the unfortunate changes to the Arena, the difficulty level in MEBC and Daily Challenge have both increased markedly. Before this change to the Arena, I never had to use spells in the Daily Challenge. If I don’t use spells now, I’ll be coughing up 60, 120, etc. DC plays more like Panic now, just without 3 boss pigs. Rovio’s becoming a (transparently) greedy little pig.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum MEBC suddenly got HARD!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.