Mastery points for set items?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery points for set items?

• What do you think about the concept of mastery points for set items. A way to keep a set item and continue to develop it.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

It doesn’t quite make sense – mastery points for classes makes sense because as you use the class more, your bird is learning how to be better at that class. Items can’t “learn” in the same way.

An alternative suggestion I’ve seen before, and which makes more sense, is the ability to upgrade set items at the Anvil. It would probably require a bunch of Friendship Essence and top-tier materials (Metal Bar, Squarewood, Rainbow Shell), but it would still be better than relying on the GPM to get a higher-level version of an item you were (un)lucky enough to get at level 15.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Well you could argue that mastery for set items means that the birds are getting more skilled with using that set item :-)

burbman
    @burbman

I would even be willing to spend considerable LC to upgrade set items. Say an amount based on the strength of the item, (i.e. 11 LC to go from level 10 item to level 11, 20 LC to go from 19 to 20, etc.) Seems like a better use of LC than spinning the GPM hoping to get a set item that is not a duplicate of one I already have.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I would love to upgrade set items for resources, snoutlings, or even LC, if the number of LC required is a lot less than @Burbman suggests. Burbman must be rolling in LC. I’m not sure what level all my set items are; some are pretty low, I think. So maybe more like 5 LC per level from 30 to 41, and fewer for each lower group of 10 levels.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – No, not rolling in LC, but as I see it, even at 41 for an upgrade, that is less than 14 spins on the GPM for a known result rather than a hope that maybe something useful will come up. I suppose some players may still opt to spend their LC on the GPM…Do ya feel lucky?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@burbman The way you posted makes it sound like upgrading an item would be absurdly expensive. I thought you meant to upgrade a level would be the same cost of the level. Therefore upgrading a level 9 to level 15 would cost 10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14 + 15 = 75 and no one would pay that much.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Burbman @KillerKea — My interpretation was the same as @KillerKea’s. If Burbman meant 41LC to upgrade any level of set item to 41, then I’m all for it. But you might also end up with a lot of level 10 players with level 41 set items. How would that work.
    As for being lucky, my luck is so bad that I never gamble with real money. I think I once won a centerpiece as a door prize, but usually I’m not even that lucky.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 and @killerkea I better explain myself better then. My thought was that upgrading items would be less expensive for players at lower experience levels. A player could only upgrade their set items to the level at which they were at the time so a level ten player could only upgrade their items to level ten. Players would still need to be lucky enough at the GPM to obtain the item a first time. In my case I still have not obtained two set items and I have been playing since the beta test version first came out.

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

Crafting the upgrade seems worth while, but I’m envisioning a system that actually using the item would increase your ability with it over time. This would still keep us working through the game and possibly spending money if LCs were involved. A win win for Rovio. I could imagine people upgrading anvils and such if they chose. Maybe even putting them on the wheel for events at times. Just a thought.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

In other RPG games you can have skills like sword mastery, spear mastery, and many other weapons. You can also have different ranks of mastery for those weapons, but I don’t think it would be appropriate for EPIC. For one thing it would sound silly to have pan, comb and harp mastery for Matilda, but the main reason is this game should be kept simple. Rovio makes casual games. If you want something more complex, you should download a different RPG.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery points for set items?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.