Lost everything Please help

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Lost everything Please help

• Hi. I Need help. I was playing on iPhone 5s iOS 7.
    Now there is a new but only for iOS 8. I can’t start the game anymore so I can’t create a rovio account. Did I lost 3 years playing or is there a way to get the game stand. Be please to get some help. Other way sh.. happens.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@traneric You have been playing for 3 years without a Rovio account? Wow, I am amazed. Anyways, if you had connected to Facebook at least once, they can restore your progress from that time. IF you didn’t even connect to Facebook then all is lost.

However, you have to contact Rovio support instead of mentioning it here.

Traneric
    @traneric

@datguygamer .Ok. I haven’t connect to facebook coz I don’t have a facebook account.
    So I think I it the end of my epic career. Thx for you answer.

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

Connecting with a Rovio account places your game “in the cloud” so that progress is never lost. Otherwise the progress is stored only on the device on which you were playing, which I fear is the case for you.

Traneric
    @traneric

@e5c4p3artist . Yes it is and coz of the update I can’t start the game anymore.
    Thx for ur answer.

DD
    @toolow

@traneric
    Have you considered updating you iOS to the latest version? After all, it is 3 major versions behind, and you’re missing out security fixes.

Traneric
    @traneric

I did but the phone is working then very slow. That the experience I did with previous iPhone. But thx for the advice.

burbman
    @burbman

@traneric – with your phone still running iOS 7, can you do a backup of the game data files to your computer, using the old method we all used to use for backing up the original AB games? I don’t know if Epic has the same type of .LUA files as the flingers but if it does, your device is still running an old enough operating system that you might be able to gain access to those files through iExplorer or the like.

Maybe @datguygamer could let you know what file extensions you should be looking for to backup.

Traneric
    @traneric

@burbman. Thx for this advice. I will try. I’ll hope it’ll work.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@traneric Ah, so you have tried reinstalling it. Good. Use any backup software to locally backup your data. If you have another device lying around (preferably iOS), try to back up to that.

DD
    @toolow

@traneric @burbman @datguygamer

From what I understand, those files have ceased to be accessible a while ago when Apple changed the default permission to the Documents folder, and Rovio/Chimera did not enable access. I’ve asked to have it accessible but I didn’t receive a positive response. Hope that has changed now so it’s worth a try. Failing which, the only other recourse is jail breaking but I don’t recommend it.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow Backup software can bypass that. They can access game data beyond what is available to players. I think @traneric can manage it as he hasn’t reinstalled the game yet. So his data should still be there.

Chulimanga
    @chulimanga

I have iPhone 5s with iOS 10 and it is fast. But it is just a vanilla phone, without much apps installed.

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer
    Before the change, I used iExplorer to access the file. But that was no longer possible after the change. It may still be accessible some other ways but I don’t know of any and I haven’t check lately.

@traneric

Given what @chulimanga said, you might want to reconsider. However, I do understand your reluctance as I found that iPhone 4 tend to stutter with iOS 7. But perhaps the situation has improved since then.

burbman
    @burbman

@toolow – was the change you mention an iOS update, or an Epic one? I thought perhaps iOS 7 might still be accessible with iExplorer.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow Explorers may not work and that is given. However, apps that can perform backups can go deeper than what explorers allow without jailbreak. That’s what I meant.

DD
    @toolow

@burbman

@traneric

@datguygamer

That was an iOS update changed the default Document folder permission. I couldn’t remember which version of iOS when I posted earlier since it was quite sometime ago. But it seems that it was iOS 8.3, so @traneric should be able to access read the game files with backup software such as iExplorer. However, you still need the latest available versions of iOS as Epic v2.0 requires at least iOS 8, and you can no longer install iOS versions prior to 8.3 without jail breaking.

However, you may be able to run Epic v2.0 on other platforms using the game file, register a Rovio account, and continue playing on iOS devices with iOS 8 or later. Or stick with other platforms instead of iOS.

@datguygamer

I do mean iExplorer instead of Windows Explorer.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow I never meant Windows Explorer to begin with…

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer Sorry, my bad. I think we’re referring to platform file managers as such.

Traneric
    @traneric

With iexplore I can’t find the .lua files like in previous angry birds. Does anyone know which files I should copy

@datguygamer

@burbman

@toolow

DD
    @toolow

@traneric
    The game files should be in the Documents folder. See How to Transfer Angry Birds Progress Between iOS Devices for details.

EDIT: Sorry, just realized you have seen them in other AB games. I don’t know if they have changed this at some point of time, but the Epic game files used to be found in the Documents folder just like the other AB games.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@traneric iExplore and nothing of sort would work. You need 3rd party backup apps like Helium, Titanium backup etc. I don’t know which of these is for iOS but you need these types of apps, not the explorer types.

Traneric
    @traneric

Thx for the answer. But doesn’t help. Coz on my new iPhone 6s with iOS 10.2 I can’t open the file with Iexplorer.so I can’t copy the old files in the new app.
    I’m very thankful for all of u and ur help but after one day trying I think it’s a lost cause.

DD
    @toolow

@traneric For what’s it worth, some backup / transfer software can backup and restore a single app, allowing you to restore to your iPhone 6S without having to manually copy over protected files.

Traneric
    @traneric

Ok. Do u have the name of such a transfer app for iOS.

DD
    @toolow

@traneric
    It seems my information is out-of-date as backing up of apps appears to be no longer possible. The information may still be misleading and I have not verify it using Apple’s information but it does not look promising.

The only remaining recourse that I can think of is to backup your iPhone 5S locally using iTunes and restore the entire backup to your iPhone 6S. But this is not viable if you need to keep a substantial amount of existing data on your iPhone 6S, or if there has been a substantial change between the two systems that iTunes backup does not restore the apps data. I can tell you, however, that I backed up and restored my iPhone 5 to iPhone 6S using iTunes, and my Epic progress was transferred successfully. Although in my case I regularly update my iPhone 5, not sure if that makes any difference.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Lost everything Please help

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.