Level #15 Energon Grimlock – complete dud!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Level #15 Energon Grimlock – complete dud!

• Anyone else experience this weird glitch? I finally got Energon Grimlock to level 15 and played a “city” level with him. He performed worse than a Level 1…absolutely unresponsive, immediately lost energy and couldn’t even destroy a wooden block…a quarter of the way into the level he died because he couldn’t even get the red bridge light to activate and fell. Spending all the gems and coins to get him to that level and having a Level 15 perform so badly and weirdly is frustrating and unfair to say the least. Anyone else have this happen? This new update is just a crash fest….constantly crashing on desert, beach and river levels especially if using Glassor. Have lost hundreds of coins and gems and of course no response from Rovio. I play on a fully updated iPad Air.

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yeah, Energon Grimlock is completely useless now, I dunno what happened, he used to be reasonably OK.

At L13 he’s so underpowered that he can’t even shoot down a Big Green Missile before he overheats and has to go into cooldown.

@gradientturtle7
    @rumblebee any thoughts about this?

In theory the Energon variants are supposed to be much more powerful offensively than their non-Energon counterparts. And certainly this is the case for E. Galvatron, E. Optimus Prime, and E. Soundwave (arguably).

But E. Grimlock is a total dud.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I find this is very frustrating as well. Before, when the characters only went to level 10, there were noticeable improvements with each upgrade. Then when Rovio changed the game to increase to level 15, the nodes got harder and the characters got weaker, or at least there’s not enough improvement in performance relative to all you have to go through (materials, gems, time, crashes, unplayable nodes, etc.) to play this game. Additionlly, in the island nodes when the game is in either fast forward or slow motion, your character is completely useless because he’s just too slow and ineffective and the game responds too slowly.

Having said all that, if you call any of the grimlocks in as buddies they perform at a totally different level of proficiency entirely…

I play on a completely updated iPad Air.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Same here – today I finished a level 13 upgrade for Energon Grimlock and when I played a level with him his weapon was very weak. He takes over a second to zap the Energon from a structure, can’t destroy those big missiles without overheating, not to mention the weakness against the pigs themselves. You can tell from his very thin lightning blasts that his weapon was weakened.
    This is definitely something Rovio should fix as soon as possible.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Hmm will take a look. Thanks for the heads up!

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

I came on here specifically to ask about L14 Energon Grimlock – seems like others have the same problem. I could not make any damage to gold blocks, the energon scenery or pigs. I could just about get wooden and ice blocks to go, eventually. Looks like a glitch to me.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

I had a similar issue with sound wave level 14. His weapon is useless against missiles. I got hit every time, couldn’t stop a single one.

Of course it didn’t help the game crashed after a major group of middle strikes.

nancy
    @nancy

Now that I think about it, I’m having the same problem with Soundwave…at level 15 he is pretty worthless and I rely on the buddy and Glassor…no damage to missiles, bonds and towers…not as bad as Energon Grimlock but pretty useless…Level 15 and still a dud Soundwave

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

same issue with Energon Grimlock on L13, can’t say I have noticed on any other TFs but I’ll check on Soundwave myself next time it comes up.

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

Level 14 Energon GrimLock – Burns out Twice trying to take out a gold cube. Ditto on Energon buildings. SUM TING WONG~!~

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@nancy

“Now that I think about it, I’m having the same problem with Soundwave”

Hm, I just finished running a Pig City node with L13 Soundwave, and he’s as utterly devastating as ever against structures (and any pigs unlucky enough to be caught in the splash damage when destroying a structure).

drew
    @drewmarlor

Ok so I’ve been speaking with Rovio support and they know E Grimlock is glitched, but please feel free to bombard them with more help tickets about this they may fix it faster. Their response is they are currently working on an update to fix this.

As for soundwave he has ALWAYS been like that, he can not shoot down missles and is VERY week against balloons of all things, and is not very effective against flying enemies. Like I said though this is nothing new and is just a “character flaw” for lack of a better term since day 1. He will destroy an entire tower of stone blocks in 1 shot but can’t pop a ballon!! Been a pet pev for a while but just take a partner bot who can handle these airborne threats.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@drewmarlor

“As for soundwave he has ALWAYS been like that … Been a pet pev for a while but just take a partner bot who can handle these airborne threats.”

Or just do what I do and choose the EMP energonicon.

Anyway, that’s probably the point. For game balance purposes you can’t have a TF that’s absolutely amazing at killing everything on the board.

You’ve probably noticed that Soundwave’s counterparts Soundblaster and E. Soundwave aren’t terrible at killing flying and balloon pigs (not great, but not terrible either), but they’re not quite as effective as Soundwave at taking down structures.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

From the guy who put the numbers together: “Props to our eagle-eyed fans :) this has existed since 1.5 from the look of it, I’ve added the fix to this week’s live update. Thanks for passing it on!”

Sorry about that folks. Slipped through the net. Should be fixed in a few days.

Thanks!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

+1

Thanks for following up @gradientturtle7

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@20qmindreader thanks for this! I do not use Facebook.

“I hope you can enjoy the game despite these little hiccups!” I’m an enterprise application developer and in my world I would not get paid for having delivered such a problematic app.

This game is a great idea that’s been poorly executed because there seems to be an ulterior motive to focus on generating income instead of providing a good user experience.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I agree the app has been poorly executed. It was launched unfinished and could have really used at least another six months of work before being released to the app store. Aside from the poor QC, consider that the ABT of today bears virtually no resemblance in terms of game-play to the ABT of ten months ago, except in the most superficial ways.

However I don’t know if I’d necessarily characterize income generation as being an “ulterior motive” though. Rovio is a for-profit corporation, not a charity or NPO. Think it more as greed got the better of them, so they decided to launch the product before it was ready and prayed that enough players would stick with it despite its obvious flaws. This was probably driven by weaker than expected earnings in 2014 (and the consequent 110 lay-offs of personnel) and the need to find a quick boost to the revenue line.

Rovibot
    @rovibot

For iOS, Energon Grimlock is still DOA, DUD, Wimp, Lame, MIA … hopefully you get the hint.

Please fix him in iOS too.

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

Still not resolved on my iPhone – cannot destroy a gold block in the time it takes to go through the screen.

Anonymous

Seems to be fixed on Android today when the game downloaded assets. I have him at lvl 11 and can use his weapon for about 5-7 seconds before recharge.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Level #15 Energon Grimlock – complete dud!

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.