It's Raining Acid Hallelujah! – New Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum It's Raining Acid Hallelujah! – New Event!

• Another new event is upon us… “Cybertronians” is the leading squad. ONE bot and an Ener/con.

Good luck people and have fun.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Looks like a good one to skip.

There’s no way I could earn enough tokens to make this worthwhile, without  spending more time and gems than I’m willing to.

Good luck to everyone who does.

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

Same here.  skipping.

moi
    @moifirst

Just going for the sparks.
    In earlier events of this crappy kind I would have also gone for 10 golden crates, but because the contents were always very disappointing lately (never an overpower), I’m not gonna do that. It’ll save me several gems.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

Well now i played the first day with the stone blocks i spend totally 2 recharges 10 + 20 gems i finished 1st place with 241.890 pts Acid Storm full with damage accessories
    But this f#@cking event has the poison tnt boxes that reduce health damn it…
    Plus 5×10 Steel Crates (spent 750.000 coins) + up to 15 level Spiral Tower i gained total 3950 tokens so i have had a good start and i am pleased as up to now…

Asen_77
    @asen

@elpapam If you use SHIELDOR you are save from poison TNT blocks when is activated ;).

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@asen i know that but yesterday’s event i couldn’t use it because i wanted an en/con that was making much more damage so i didn’t use the Shieldor.

Geli
    @geli

Meh. Spark and whatever. Not spending gem spending on this one.

VaBeachGuy
    @vabeachguy

I’m fairly new to the game, so forgive the noob question here. How do the live events work? Am I, as a fairly new player, competing against people who’ve played for years and therefore have no hope of ‘winning’, or am I up against people who are at a similar level as me?

Asen_77
    @asen

You are on players with similar levels. Also live events are playing when you have green squares. You receive one on each 60 minutes. If you have 4 you play 4 times then you have to wait for a reload at least one hour for new play, or you can recharge them immediately with gems – 1-st reload 10 Gems, 2-nd reload 20 Gems, 3-rd reload 40 Gems, 4-th reload 60 Gems, 5-th reload 80 Gems and every reload after 6-th is 100 Gems. This is per day of the events. On the next day you start again from 10 Gems. Every day you collect tokens and at the end of the event day you get more tokens, depends on what position is on the leader board. Every day you have different target, that gave you 5,15 or 75 points. All other targets are 1 point each.

Hope that information helps you …

VaBeachGuy
    @vabeachguy

Yes, that helps. Thanks. Of the characters available in the Token Exchange, which would be worth using tokens on?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@vabeachguy

LOL, none?

Here’s my $0.02:

The game has changed significantly from what it was when it first launched in the autumn of 2014.

In terms of game play, the two biggest changes are:

• recurring weekly “special events” (not so special when it recurs weekly), and
    • the Spark Run

As for the regular node runs on the main map, you have no way to control which TF is assigned to an active note (except to spend gems to change the assigned TF, but then it’s still a random assignment ….).  And regular map node runs are super easy anyway (with perhaps the exception of when you run into Boss Bat Pig in the Underground Caverns, but that’s rare enough).  Conclusion: who cares which TFs you have available to you.

Then with the Special Events, sure it does matter to some extent, because you can generally choose the TF(s) you use you in the run, and you want to use a relatively good TF so that you can maximize your scoring.  But beyond that, the real determinant of how well you’re going to do in a Special Event is your level of Promotion using Sparks.  So unless you have enough Sparks to spread around so that you can Promote at least one TF in each Squad to a reasonable level, then it’s a losing battle.

And finally, the most difficult runs are the Spark runs.  And here’s where it really does matter which TFs you have in your lineup, because not only do you need to score exceptionally well in it, but the targets are also much harder to kill/destroy than in regular map node or Event runs.  And particularly if you’re using lower level TFs, the likelihood of TF death is quite high, including a total wipeout of your team.

So you need to decide in advance on which TFs you want, which also means deciding on which TFs you want to Promote using Sparks.  And this is a function of: which TFs you want to use in the Special Events + which TFs will form your regular lineup in the Spark Runs.

Unless of course you’re just a “completist” and want to get them all, in which case just buy any random TF using your tokens since it doesn’t really matter ourside of the two specific cases I discussed.

Asen_77
    @asen

@vabeachguy What you see in token exchange – which character and on what price?

VaBeachGuy
    @vabeachguy

@asen Acid Storm for 6000, Trypticon for 7500, Sunstorm for 6000 and Shockwave for 6000.

Asen_77
    @asen

@vabeachguy Non of this worth unfortunately … From this 4 I will vote for Trypticon!

ABTonAndroid5guy
    @abtonandroidguy

Can anyone tell me what I’m missing, the Daily Quest to ‘Dodge in Slow Motion a Monolth’ is evading me, I’ve covered every area of the map, more than once – no joy.

Any suggestions?  Did the Spart Run and Challenge for today, no Slow Motion Monolths . .. .

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@abtonandroidguy

It’s not specific to a map node.

Just keep on doing it over and over (usually a fast agile TF is best) and just “jump” (transform) when one of the monoliths starts to fall over on top of you.

Eventually you’ll figure out the timing.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@abtonandroidguy Best way to do that is find a map node with a monolith right near the beginning, transform very late so it just barely misses you, then go back to the map to see if you got it (you don’t need to finish the run for it to count), if not try again. You will know you got it when it goes into slow motion and the character your using looks back.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

It’s nearly impossible with some bots. It’s extremely easy with others. I have a level I never finish with a monolith at the beginning, and a bot who excels at it.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum It's Raining Acid Hallelujah! – New Event!

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.