Implosion event…. CRASHING!!!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Implosion event…. CRASHING!!!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 105 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@deszaras @phillips

I don’t believe updates release on the Apple app store on weekends. Probably have to wait until at least Monday for anything, although I doubt it will be that soon as Apple is notoriously slow in approving updates for release.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@gabe-nestor or those lucky ones who can log in and play implotion live event,

Any multipliers with that event? Who’s the bonus squad members?

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

OK I don’t really get it. Some disparity at the App Store & Play Store.

While both talk about Chromia,

From the Apple App store / iTunes: **version 1.24.7** showing Chinese New Year Optimus / Red as the Icon.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angry-birds-transformers/id869231055?mt=8

From the Google Play Store: **version 1.24.10** showing Christmas Optimus / Red as the Icon.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rovio.angrybirdstransformers&hl=en

Meanwhile, many have contributed comments online about how the game crashes on both platforms. Rovio / Exient, please buck up with the fixes or customers will leave.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Interesting how Facebook previous comments are summarized and need to click to be seen on Angry Bird’s Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/angrybirdstransformers/

I’m posting these links so that those who can’t get on ABT to click the Facebook link on the envelope / news section can still visit using a browser.

Hoping for quick fixes and stable version.
    20 hours ago @ Facebook:
    Hi everyone, we’ve submitted a new version of the app today which will fix the issues. Android users should be able to download this shortly from the Google Play store. Unfortunately, iOS users experiencing the issues will have to wait a few days longer, as we are waiting for store approval from Apple.
    We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this update, and are offering all players 400 gems by way of apology, which can be claimed from Rovio News in-game. We will ensure the news item remains available for several days after the iOS update is available.
    In addition, we will ensure that players have an additional opportunity to acquire the prizes from the Token Exchange that is currently inaccessible to those locked out of the game. We will provide an update with details about this early next week.
    Please accept our apologies, and thank you very much for your ongoing support!

Phillips
    @phillips

@optimuspig doesn’t have to be a hard update, just a soft update will do.

Asen_77
    @asen

Without update of the game with version 1.23.3.9 I have info about event that will start in 06.Feb in 00:00. Chromia is not shown anywhere. We will see did the event will start for us without update?

Joel
    @joel687

I am seeing the announcement for the current event. I can’t see the actual event since I never updated. I’m still using 1.23.3.9

IMG_0155.PNG

Joel
    @joel687

By the way, the irony of the name choice for this event is killing me! Too funny!

ED209
    @ed209

game crashes as soon as you try and stat a level on android, still waiting for ios update for the game

AngrLee
    @angrlee

Challenge nodes crash the game. All other parts of the game seem to work for android. Just no challenge

@lewie4
    fyi. Android fix is not fixed.

So ios players you arent missing the Implosion event, just all other game play.

Have to agree with @joel687 though. Event name is hilarious. Exient/Rovio really imploded this one!

BP
    @bpmann

I updated on Friday 2/3 and all seemed to go well. (I did not see the associated problems with the update.) the game and challenge ran fine Friday evening, but upon waking up Saturday, I too have been impacted by the crash bug on iOS. Bummer. Lots of spark surely will be lost as well as tokens and the like. Bummer

otter
    @otter

what’s the point of having a comp with sparks as the reward that crashes every time it launches…… and the sparks are only good durring comps……. what a joke…. perfect comp name Rovio….. implosion is correct….

ED209
    @ed209

@angrlee, its the fact so far now I have missed out on the ability to get my daily sparks for two days and when it comes to events they are quite important which is all I play the game for now to get new TFs.

without a decent amount of sparks I stand no chance of getting new tfs and I also lost the chance to spend nearly 1500 tokens on sparks on the previous event as the update broke the game before the event ended and missed the 24 hour window to use them in as well due to the game still being broken on IOS

Greg Koshman
    @greg-koshman

The game works just fine for me. Until i try to play the event. Then it crashes and closes the game.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@phillips

Android got a hard update, so why wouldn’t iOS get one as well?

I don’t think a mess like this can be solved with a soft update. There is something fundamentally wrong with the code, it’s just just downloaded a few mods.

Plus at this point, my app crashes before it even gets to the screen where the soft updates occur.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Rovio said on Facebook that they have passed the update. It’s just that they need to wait before Apple gives them the approval of this update thus giving them the ability to roll it out gradually. IIRC, Apple has a policy where apps cannot be updated without their permission in a span of 1 day (which happened here).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

Apple also doesn’t release updates on weekends, which is my point.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig While I wholeheartedly agree that none of this would have happened if Rovio had just done playtesting but in this particular case, I have to put the blame on Apple. That is just a stupid reason. Also, I checked it and Apple also does restrict studios from updating apps within 22 hours of an older update. All in all, this is a disaster.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yes, but even if 24 hours had elapsed, it’s still the weekend.

TheShadow
    @dlurbauer

I cannot even get to the game. When I press on the app icon, the Rovio screen flashes for less than a second and then I am kicked back to the home screen on my iPad. This happens even after I reboot. I am running it on an iPad Air 2. I do not remember to OS, just that it is not the current OS.

ED209
    @ed209

@dlurbauer, we are awaiting apple to approve the update before the stick it on the app store. (IPhone 5 user and in the same boat)

Lewie4 said this can take a few days, fix is already out for android but IOS has to wait, my android tablet is fine but crashes as soon as you try the event.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig That’s only in this regard since this fiasco took place on a weekend. But even if it was one of the weekdays, you still wouldn’t get the update.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

I’m aware of that. But the weekend only makes it worse.

Also, this fiasco actually happened on a Thursday (Feb 2). That was when the faulty update that led to all of this was released.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig My device notified me of the update today which is Saturday so I assumed it was on a weekend.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This thread was posted early Thursday:

New update… now cannot open

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Implosion event…. CRASHING!!!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.