I’m not happy with the new version. Even angrier now.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum I’m not happy with the new version. Even angrier now.

Viewing 16 replies - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Replies
  • Pako
    @pako

Speaking of the war pass…. I have just noticed that I am a “few” levels from unlocking the exclusive characters:

moi
    @moifirst

@pako Don’t let the text misguide you! Although it is not said here, the reality is that Lord Megatron is available at level 10 and General Optimus Prime at level 40 ONLY when you’ve bought the Prime Pass. Since you are at level 73 you would get them if you buy this pass. My advice is not to do that. Apart from the money it will cost you, it will also increase the price in gems of new bots when they are offered to you (see for instance here , where I think (No, I’m not sure) that this has happened to a few players) So it’s only some marketing technique.

ADK38
    @adk38

I think they analyze your “savings” and history and make an offer accordingly. Maximus and other offered characters have always been 750 gems for me but with few sparks and pretty stripped. I saw a screenshot where it was way more gems but also 100K sparks and stuff included. I can’t / don’t know but think price is kind of relatively the same. And if someone shell out $ they will push that too. Anyway I play for fun. But I really wanna win 🙃

Pako
    @pako

@moifirst, yes, the text is misleading and it is already about the next season. Seeing what had happened to others, I will not risk an increment in the price of new bots, which it has already gone from 750 to 1000 for me. Thanks for your advice, it won’t go unheeded.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

@moifirst. I should have some data for you on this topic soon.

After debating it for a couple months, I decided to buy the prime pass the last day it was offered.  I did’t mind making the purchase, my debate was due to the risk of my offer prices  being raised in the future.

My new bot prices have always been 1000 gems.  Other than jenga and hot rod purchases made several years ago, this is the first time I’ve spent money (due to the fear mentioned above).

My Optimus Maximus bundle was 1000 gems before the purchase and still is.

If my next new bot offer is increased, I will report it and that can be a warning for others to steer clear of future prime passes.

I decided to buy the pass because:

1.  I wanted to keep a full roster of bots

2.  I have rarely been buying the bot bundles anyway (out of fear of the price being raised if I use it too often)

3. The new gem scarcity makes me even less likely to buy the new bot bundles.

4.  I am ready and willing to leave the game if need be.  I absolutely hate the practice of price gouging based on people’s purchase history.  If they do this to me based on my prime pass purchase, I will consider it $19.99 well spent to buy my freedom from this game, and future purchases lost for rovio/exient that I would gladly have made if not for this ridiculous pricing practice.  What a slap in the face to the people who are willing to support the game financially.

Long story short, I’ll report back with my results when I know them.

moi
    @moifirst

@soundwave Thank you for your comments! I’m very curious to know how your price of bot offers will be in the future.
    Btw, my bot offer is now also 1000 gems and I’ve never bought anything, so your tactic of purchasing very rarely anything seems to be the good one.

ABT
    @abt

Here’s another data point:

I did NOT buy PrimePass ($17.99 for me), and the Optimus Maximus bundle was still 5000 gems! Bundles for me has always been 1000 gems for many, many years, so this bundle cost was raised to be 5x more expensive for me even though I have NOT spent any money on this game this year.

Fortunately, I should be able to unlock Optimus Maximus today using 10K tokens after spending only 20 gems (10 gems twice) this week in recharges. So the choices were to spend 5000 gems for an instant unlock (+sparks/accessories) or 20 gems (and actually playing for something worthwhile) to unlock the new character.

ADK38
    @adk38

I took the gold chests with 500 gems, added the 250 and got maximum with some extras. I would have liked overpower to Menasor or superion too but No room this time…. 🙂

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

I might have been tempted by the prime pass as a one off, but really assuming that this will repeat about every 2 months, you are looking at about $120/year to play this game, which stopped being very interesting a while ago.   Maybe if there were a way to buy the prime pass with gems, it would make sense.  But I don’t get $120/year of entertainment out of this any more and now seldom play it.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

@fortressmaximus

I agree. I don’t play a ton of mobile games, but I have never seen one so overpriced for the play value you get for money spent

Honestly, the prime pass is the best deal I’ve seen in this game in years, and I think it is still overpriced by $10.

New bots in this game should cost about $3.99.  $9.99 feels like a high end price.  But they’ve historically had offers in the $25 – $100 range for a single bot.  That is just out of the realm of reason.

A single bot that offers little additional unique play value to this game should not cost more than a new PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo premium title.  I just don’t get it.

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

Yes, got Optimus Maximus, Strangelhold and the Enigma so far for 20 gems, which is a massive saving of 1980 gems on what I was offered. I should have the rest of his accessories by the end of the event.

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

But I don’t get $120/year of entertainment out of this any more and now seldom play it.

Yes, it’s called “rinsing the whales”. All recent updates have been made with this goal in mind.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

My offer for Optimus Maximus was 2,000 gems. At some point my offers were 5,000 gems and I can’t understand why R/E lowered the offers – unless it is JARSU.

Anyway, I got 11,600 tokens using only 40 gems for recharges. I unlocked Optimus Maximus, two accessories and opened one gold crate (which contained one epic crystal 🤦‍♂️).

@fortressmaximus
    I consider 10 €/month quite reasonable as mobile game payments go e.g. in Fishdom you can easily spend that much in a week – or even in a shorter time.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

Like always my offer was 5000 gems for Optimus maximus. Think I’ll end somewhere around 15.5k tokens with about 50 gems spend. So I can get all accessoires and saved 4950 gems which I don’t even have😊

Tobyjug
    @tobyjug

Praps they might offer the jungle area unlocked instead of new bots.

@tobyjug Speaking of areas, what do you think that area behind Pig City is gonna be?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum I’m not happy with the new version. Even angrier now.

Viewing 16 replies - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.