How to get really high scores in ABSW2

Home Forums General Discussions Forum How to get really high scores in ABSW2

Viewing 15 replies - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Replies
  • wicket182
    @wicket182

@ericbirdz, I think your assumption or accusation that Last Chance Strategy is “the secret” to my success is uninformed and misleading. Granted, I have probably perfected this strategy more than others but to generalize that my success is due to this is, in my opinion, inaccurate. I held the Overall Number One rank and periodically the Number One rank in every Chapter prior to the update and subsequent availability of the Last Chance Strategy. In ABSW2 I currently hold 16 Top Scores which were not earned using LSC.

The methodology I employ to maintain Top rank is as follows. This worked for the Original ABSW (which I still have Number One Rank) and appears to be working for ABSW2. I did a quick run through to three star all levels. No concern for ranking. Second run through from the beginning, achieve all top one hundred scores. Third run through, take each chapter and play the lowest ranked level, once that level’s ranking is higher than my others, move to next level. I don’t normally play a level until I get a top score, that can be a very inefficient use of time. I then play levels where the gap between my score and the top score is the largest. Close the gap and move on. Inevitably, Top Scores arise from the many hours of play but are not the ultimate goal. The Goal is Overall Number One.

You may notice that I have not entered into the discussion about the merits of LSC. Just for the record, I don’t like it. I employ it because it’s now just part of the game. I have no doubt that my rank would be the same had it not been introduced to the game, there would just be closer competition.

Pauliboy
    @pauliboy

I initially realised that @wicket182 was doing something different when he (or she: I don’t know) posted a score that was so far ahead of anyone else that he had to have found something new. I never for one moment questioned the legitimacy of the score. When you’ve been on this site a while you get to know a few of the names that are always there at the top of the leader boards. For the most part, they share their strategies if they’ve found something new, just as I do if I’m lucky enough to stumble across something no-one else has mentioned.
    And, of course, we now know it was last chance.
    It seems that no-one who has commented really likes it, for one reason or another. But we’re only a minority of this site’s users, so may not be representing everyone’s views.
    I wish we could have a non-last chance leader board, but I guess that’d be like trying to close the stable door after the horse has bolted!
    Happy flinging everyone.

EricBirdz
    @ericbirdz

I know you were already #1. Perhaps a better phrase would’ve been “the secret to Wicket’s RECENT success”. Clearly you have been the #1 player in the AB universe for years.

waimea
    @waimea

I have to add my two cents here, as I have been the beneficiary of ‘last chance’. But I also have non ‘last chance’ top scores. I’ve just started using this, as PC only got it’s last 3 SW2 updates less than two weeks ago. Is it fun getting a top score by blasting everything in sight? Yes. Do I miss the chance or desire to devise new strategies? Yes. As you might know, with PC, we have automatic coin accumulators. For someone like myself, who has played SW2 sometimes 12 hours a day in the last 6 months, a lot of coins are gained. So I have been able to buy just about as many characters as I want. But I might add, we are restricted to only 4 max permanent for each character (couldn’t swear to all of them, but Tuscan Raider, Darth, Sidious, you can only get 4 total permanent).

So this all boils down to; hand-held players spending A LOT of money, or PC players who play A LOT having a clear advantage. Not the majority of leader board posters, I’m sure. Yes, this bothers me so much that I wish we never had it. I could even delete all my ‘last chance’ scores. But as was mentioned above, the barn door is closed and the horses have bolted. More and more people will gain characters as time goes on (PC and iOS/Android), and this will become a more frequently used option. So for now, the fiercely competitive side of me will still use it. With mixed feelings. ):

bikkit
    @bikkit

Consider this. The average male height is, what, 5foot8? If you get a bunch of guys say 6foot8, they are just taller, not necessarily more talented. Yet nobody would consider erasing all basketball scores won by a team of the taller guys. Others could draft taller guys to their team. And a team of talented short guys might beat the tall guys. I bet the tall guys don’t feel tainted because they can just drop the ball into the net without jumping. OK the analogy isn’t perfect but why would you feel bad about having the wherewithal to score highly in SW2?

And for the record, I don’t like Last Chance and wish it wasn’t there.

tomason
    @tomason33

I totally agree with you, scott230.I’ll admit that once the novelty of the “last chance” wore off, I (without thinking long about it)just began to ignore it. It IS the challenge that makes AB fun in all the game titles, and the challenge is what REALLY hooks people into the game, not easy-out weasel-ops meant for the “everyone gets a trophy” types who hate and loathe a challenge. I would wager, however that those… types are not to be found in this forum. Clearly, if somebody has made it all the way into this site, they surely have learned how to deal with the brand of frustration these games can deliver on occasion… ? I think it does a small part in teaching folks to deal with frustration as well as think in terms of the laws of physics… plus, it’s the challenge (unless one is a hacker/cheater and I have no clue what motivates them).

Gelfling
    @gelfling

I appreciate @wicket182’s decision to be honest about what he was doing and to share his strategies. It is in the spirit of friendly competition that @scott20 remind us of.

There are multiple aspects to this. Should someone be able to buy their way toward high scores? How do I feel when I use an advantage in a game, one that other people have not figured out? And more importantly, what do I do with all of those telepods in the attic when I’m old — will I get any money for them on eBay?

Last chances was such a transparent move money making move that I’d been ignoring it until it came up here. It could be considered as a change in the game that requires a new type of strategy, which could enrich the game. But last chancing and crunching debris seems pretty boring to me (maybe I am missing something?) , and it seems people feel dirty about it. A pretty high cost to be on whatever leaderboards allow it, and how can they not?

I am going back through SW2 from the beginning. Yesterday when I nailed.that map behind the tree in P3-06 with only two Sam Wesels was SWEET! I did a little gelfling jig around the coffee table. That, for me, and the banter here, is what I focus upon.

NO Last Chance
    @mad-ridley

@wicket182 @thee-Michelle @mvnla2 @gelfling @tobyv @pauliboy @scott20 @ericbirdz @tomason33 @amslimfordy

ABSWII Last Chance Debate: Thanks for all your comments on this, I was wondering what it was. I have not used it so far and don’t believe I will as I think it takes all the fun out of the game, apart from also destroying all the long hard worked for scores that I had achieved.

At different times I have had 16 Top Scores on the Leaderboard (most of which have now gone) which I had enjoyed competing against, but it seems pointless (pardon the pun) now as I believe from your comments that you can repeatedly use the Last Chance to clear the debris without loss or penalty. Don’t get me wrong, I have No Problem with anybody who uses them as it is part of the game now and there is no way of telling who uses them or not.

For myself, I do like using the Telepods (I have 23 – and I have some doubles if any of you want to swap?) and do use the Traitor Swaps between levels in the game which I have found makes it a lot more fun…. though I can understand that some might also have a problem with this on the Leaderboards.

Does anybody know when the new ABSWII Telepod pack is coming out. I have seen many pictures of the pack but no sign of them in the shops?

Do Rovio have their own Leaderboard now that we have to ‘Sign In’? Where would we all be on that considering the 100 million+ downloads?

Thanks for all your Tips and Strategies which have helped me get some impressive scores and keep the comments coming.

EricBirdz
    @ericbirdz

@mad-Ridley: I have duplicate telepods of the emperor and grievous but those are pretty popular and if you have 23, you surely have those. I have 31 unique ones – I’d die for a Sith apprentice or Jango Fett…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mad-Ridley — I haven’t used the trick described by wicket. Anything goes on the leaderboard on ABSWii, but not anywhere else. I also don’t have any telepods. So at some point I was above average on all levels, but am not trying to stay above average on SW II.

Toby
    @tobyv

As I said earlier, I understand Rovio’s decision from a business standpoint, and I like it for those having a tough time getting past a level; however, like the Mighty Eagle/Falcon, I think you simply shouldn’t get a score in a level where you use it.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

The theme that I hear is the loss of a level playing field.

There is only one final score, which hides all of the advantages. Those who have or are willing to spend more money, buy Telepods, use last chances, or use devices which allow higher scores, can raise their scores above those who do not.

There appear to be two alternatives to the current practice. Rovio can change, or ABN can change.

Rovio can change. They watch this site, a fact to which I can attest (when I reported a bug about melting here they posted a response, here, within 24 hours.) For myself, I think that they began to muddy the water in SW2 when they introduced character swaps, and it cascaded from there. What would we ask for if we brought this to their attention and requested a change?

ABN can change. It would be possible to have a separate, “naked birds” leaderboard, with our own rules, where no advantages were included in the score. It would be “word of honor” but, especially with more senior members watching and asking how someone came up with an aberrant score, still possible and still fun. As a junior member, I’m sure that there are better ideas than this one, but that is the general idea.

Personally, the biggest difference between my scores and you competitive top scoring flingers is the fact that I play on a smartphone with a small screen. When your finger covers vital action it truly lowers your score. So there are doubtless endless other advantages and disadvantages besides the ones people are discussing. But how is it possible to have a more level playing field?

NO Last Chance
    @mad-ridley

Hi @ericbirdz I have two Emperor’s, an Anakin Skywalker Padawan, Luke Skywalker Jedi (yellow hair) and a Stormtrooper to get rid of. I am looking for a Chewbacca, Boba, C3PO, R2D2 plus the pack Lando etc is in. Let me know if these of any use to you.
    Regards … Mad

otter
    @otter

G’day all….. I’ve been playing AB since it came out. My favorite has been ABSW2,I just started entering my ABSW2 scores, then I started reading more and more of the forums and all the questions and issues that people have had. First off thanks to all of you that have sent in your 3 star solutions on all those levels I had issues with, I do not think I could have made it without your help. But in this forum I read about people using the “last chance” option to increase their score on these boards. I do agree that this option should not be used to add to your leader board scores. The honor system is all we have. But on that note after going through each level time and time again using only what birds I am alloted to obtain my highest score I was dumbfounded to figure out how some people could get the scores they did.

I love the Telepods feature added in this version and now have a complete collection of all that is available to us. I know that Telepod scores are acceptable on the leader boards and now that you can use both Jeti & Sith Telepods in every level one can take advantage of this option and really move up the score board. Forinstace I replayed the first level…. I thought my score was “Ok” than pulled outa Telepod from the other side and slammed my high score out of the park….

Just looking for other feedback…..

scott20
    @scott20

@otter

For many levels, you obviously have to use the Last Chance Strategy.

As @wicket182 mentioned somewhere on this website, to maximize your LCS score you’d want to use any laser firing pig (Battle Droid, Red Battle Droid, Stormtrooper, Shadowtrooper, Shocktrooper) to destroy as much as debris as possible.

Then, the Tusken Raider and Kit Fisto can destroy things that no other character can such as cogs/gears, boulders, platforms, catapults, plasma balls, etc.

Lastly, of course, the Tusken Raider can easily snipe any impossible to get crystals.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum How to get really high scores in ABSW2

Viewing 15 replies - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.