How should gems be spent?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum How should gems be spent?

• I’ve been playing Angry Birds Transformers for a while and have amassed a total of 207 gems. What is the best way to spend them? (For reference I am only at rank 44 and am only up to Thunder Cracker.)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • werehamsta
    @werehamsta

1) Have you upgraded all three mission portals to level 3? This is the only task I can remember that needs lots of gems *and* it can not be done with other means.

2) If you want the Golden Egg achievement for your collection, you need to intercept events for gems. Also, the higher level of Money Is Everything is hardly possible to collect without unlocking Golden Dome events.
    3) You may assign a different bot for an event that you can’t complete with a given one.

As for the rest, it’s up to you. Spending gems on accessories seems a waste to me, unless they will make them affect combat stats someday, but there’s no signs of that so far. When there were gem-efficient Pig Lab recipes, I used to spend gems to speed up 11-15 level upgrades, but now gems are rarity again, so… well, just keep hoarding, I guess.

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

I used gems to speed up upgrades when getting everyone from level 10 to 15. I also used them sometimes to buy extra keys on missions or, occasionally, to change a mission or buddy. Now I use them for accessories just because I can. Once you have maxed out all the characters, money is meaningless so no point spending them on golden domes.

I have to say that, much as people may ridicule me, I still have the accessories long after the other benefits have gone and I like them.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

I agree with werehamsta. Stockpile them for now. Be sure to read the thread about the dodges for the Updating Your Progress bug so you can hang onto them. You’re going to need gems for later stages of the game. Also, I seem to remember that upgrading your silo takes gems too but can’t remember if it was because I had to buy additional coins or if it was an option like the upgrades are. Because gems can be bought, they are the “currency” in the game and can always substitute if you lack coins for something. I also would not bother with accessories unless you’re really into the look of of you your TFs or you are trying to meet that achievement. But remember that achievement has a low payout. Happy playing.

Rovibot
    @rovibot

Save them for mission portals for now. I am not sure what current rates are, but you will need a good 700 gems I am thinking for those.

Cheawn
    @cheawn

@rovibot @werehamsta

Why missions? I only found the first portal and two more seem to be deeper in the fog, but from what I’ve seen, they give out cash and materials I can already get by doing levels. What makes them worth spending gems on outside of the chance to get new transformers?

Rovibot
    @rovibot

As you get to higher levels, it can escalate your upgrade rates significantly.

You will also need a bunch of gems for the accessory achievement … I say save that for the very end though after all your bots are maxed out.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum How should gems be spent?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.