How I grind 50k+ arena points in 9 hours

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum How I grind 50k+ arena points in 9 hours

• At the time of writing, it is Day 2, Week 6 of Season 6. Luckily up to now, I’ve manage to get into the Diamond League just with completing the 3 daily challenges + minimal grinding.

So I am starting my 2 weeks mandatory annual leave and I decided to go all in to see how much I can grind out of the arena in a day without refilling my banner. I basically played it in 2 tranches of about 4.5 hours each with a 2 hour break in between. Below is the breakdown of the stats on the rounds played.

My starting arena score for Day 2 is 14,110 points (2nd place) accumulated on Day 1. At the end of Day 2, my points jumped 51,480 points to 65,590 points. I played 226 rounds in slightly over 9 hours.

My 3 daily challenges are
    1. Win 2 arena battles without using Red! – 1k points
    2. Win 2 arena battles without healing your own banner once! – 1.5k points
    3. Win 3 arena battles playing with the Spies and Sea Dog classes! – 3k points

My Line up at Power 1,547
    1. Valiant Banner + Chrono Crest
    2. Chuck – Wizard (50/12) – Lightning Set
    3. Bomb – Sea Dog (50/12) – Rock/Paper Set
    4. Blue – Spies (50/12) – RC Set

Out of the 226 rounds played,
    Coin toss Won – 158
    Coin toss Loss – 68

I manage to win all rounds (3-star win) which I win the coin toss but I experience 2x game crashes right at the moment I kill the opponent’s banner. Of the rounds which I lose the coin toss, I manage to get 48 3-star wins and 19 2-star wins. The only real loss of my game occur when a Valiant Banner + Chrono Crest opponent manage to get ‘Time Jumps’ triggered for every one of his birds for both the first and second turn of the round (3 consecutive triggers twice). There was no coming back from that.

Some interesting observations during the play through
    1. AI birds tend to target and KO Chuck first

2. Chuck is always the first bird to get KOed, 100% of the time

3. Banner abilities (Time Jump/Resurrection/Knock Out) seems to trigger more frequently for the AI team

4. I was matched to fight against teams with power of only 500-800 four times
    a. I lost the coin toss all 4 times (maybe to even out my overwhelming advantage?)

5. It is easier to control the prize wheel by tapping instead of flicking
    a. On a 3-star win, I can usually get the most desirable prize into one of the 3 slots (about 90% of the time)

6. Opponents mostly use the Valiant Banner (about 85% of the time)

7. It is possible to enter an arena battle with only 1 bird (tried it when matched to fight a Power 575 team)

8. Bomb’s Gang Up ability will only trigger for the last bird in Chuck’s Speed of Light (rage) attack
    a. When I had Chuck, Bomb and Blue active, I used Bomb ‘s Gang Up on both Chuck and Blue then used Chuck’s Speed of Light attack, Chuck attacks (not triggering Gang Up), Bomb attacks and Blue attacks triggering Bomb’s Gang Up
    b. When I only had Chuck and Bomb active (Blue KOed), I used Bomb ‘s Gang Up on both Chuck and Bomb then used Chuck’s Speed of Light attack, Chuck attacks, Bomb attacks (not triggering Gang Up), Chuck attacks again triggering Bomb’s Gang Up

In conclusion, I’ve managed to grind 45,980 points (not inclusive of 5,500 points from daily challenge) in slightly over 9 hours of play. I believe I can do even better if I really concentrate on it as I did this while binge watching The X-files on Netflix (currently at Season 1 Episode 16). Extrapolating from this, a person can grind 100k to 120k of points a day in the arena.

Just check my league board again, currently at second position. Enzo came out of nowhere (he was not even in the top 5 this morning) with 114,045 points. Happy Playing!

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

This is completely consistent with what I see (and play). Except that I don’t (yet) have a full set of lv.52 items to enchant up, so I’m bringing 1350 instead of 1550. Working on the RNG for the next 5x Rainbow Riot, so I can unload my Shards and go after the big boys, including the 1600+ teams I occasionally see.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

What’s the highest amount of health achievable?

Rovin
    @rovintan

@graugeist
    Yup, I am also waiting for the next rainbow riot to try to complete my rainbow gear collection, still missing quite a few items.

@datguygamer

If you are asking about the health of my birds,
    Red – 6,878
    Chuck – 3,873
    Matilda – 4,830
    Bomb – 5,018
    Blue – 3,967
    but I am not sure if it is the highest amount achievable

Further update on my Day 3, Week 6 of Season 6 battles below but I did not really track the stats as I did previously.

Similar line up as Day 2.
    My points went from 65,590 to 150,905.
    Points gain of 85,315 for Day 3.

No sure how many hours of playing as I am not really keeping track now, just playing it randomly while binge watching The X-files (currently at Season 2 Episode 7). I am also trying to bait Enzo to do another huge point gain (about 100k points in 3-4 hours) as I had seen happened at the end of my Day 2 play but he only went from 114,045 to 119,925 on day 3 so I am currently at the top spot with my 150,905 points.

Day 4 is just starting for me, maybe I’ll do another update tonight.
    Happy Playing guys!

Sailus
    @sailus

@rovin you are in my league. I let you win first but I could get to you on the secondition day. :-) just didn’t want it. We have a good marge from #4. So I will not bother that much. I already fought you in arena and I won. Nice team. ;-) only 1 star btw. Lol.

Rovin
    @rovintan

@sailus
    Hiya Sailus. Nice to meet you.
    Just check my league board but didn’t see you though (unless you are using a different name there). I think I’ve read somewhere that everyone has their own league board that is randomly populated.

I’ll give you a shout out if I see you pop up in my future boards.
    Good job on the win. I know my team is tough to beat. Happy Playing!

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

I apologize beforehand because I know this may sound rude, but in no way this is meant to be a bashful reply.
    I know you put a lot of effort in writing this post down and hell, of course you put a lot of effort/time in grinding for so many hours, but while reading up your post I kinda lost any interest I had, at this specific part:

My Line up at Power 1,547
    1. Valiant Banner + Chrono Crest

Valiant Set and Crono/Resurrection Emblem make the Arena just a brainless grindfest, and I think you just proved it.
    I challenge anyone in doing the same thing you did, with an equal power score team, but a different banner set… it’s impossible not to get screwed by RNG atleast 3 times in 200+ matches.
    Even winning the coin toss, If I don’t win in one or two rounds, sometimes the enemy Time Jump/Resurrection Emblem goes crazy and I’ve lost even before I could attempt a comeback.
    This doesn’t happen with a Valiant Set, because even post nerf, you usually have atleast one bird up in 2 rounds (instead of 3) that can be used as a decoy or to kill the enemy birds, thus making a comeback possible.

My point being (and possibly it was your point too for making this post) with a Valiant Set, even post nerf, and a good enough team, you can grind any amount of points you want to as long as you have time for it.
    The Valiant nerf was pointless and Rovio needs to take a different approach at such items like Valiant/Cronus/Res and so on, I can accept a certain degree of RNG, but this is just bullshit.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I think he can switch for Dragon Paladin / Masamune Samurai and win just about as effectively. :D

There is a small chance he can win as effectively with Blazing Resurrection. :o

That said, smart call is exactly what he plays:
    – TJ Valiant
    – Lighting Wizard
    – Scissors Sea Dog
    – BEEP! Spies

At some point, you just need to be good at getting the coin flip for the mirror match, because you’ll get a lot of them. And hope that the CPU doesn’t get too many bad TJs on you. Or the RNG doesn’t triple-fail Valiant.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

I think you misunderstood me, I never meant to adress him as an unskilled player for using Valiant Set, or call him a coward because he doesn’t use another one.
    My whole point is, you can’t possibly do what he did, whitout a Valiant Set/TJ/Res, and that’s it.

Nerfing the Valiant like this has been proven completely worthless once again, Rovio needs to take a different approach at such items, leaving some room for counterplay.

(And no, Chuck’s Set or Blue’s Class, can’t even be taken into consideration if you did try them out seriously, you should know)

EDIT: I want to add, that if Rovio doesn’t change how these mechanics work, we’re gonna end up in a loophole in the near future and it’s not gonna be pretty… imagine every opponent with Valiant/TJ/Res… mirror match all the way and RNG to screw things up, like what is actually happening now, since 80% of my opponents are Valiant/TJ/Res users.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

My comment was simply that it’s possible to get close with near substitutions, such as Res for TJ.

You are correct that the high end is coalescing very quickly. I do see the occasional anti-meta of Frost / Reset Lighting to break AOEs, but it’s still inferior, I think. Sweet Witch is annoying because it drags out the inevitable.

Rovin
    @rovintan

@ryogokusama
    no worries as we are all just voicing our opinions. I’ll admit that I am still noob-ish when it comes to the arena as this is my first season playing it. Previously, I just play the main game but after completing all the 17 chronicle caves and collecting all 1026 stars, I decided to give the arena a try.

I agree with you, TJ Valiant is still way OP even after the nerfing but if you are playing against AI TJ/Resurrect Valiant teams 80% of the time and AI teams getting TJ/Resurrect activations way more frequently than a player normally would, it would be best to go in with the most advantage you can muster.

Since most players seems to be playing against AI TJ/Resurrect Valiant teams 80% of the time, it would also mean that this is the configuration most players have. This is already an unofficial consensus among the players of AB Epic that in order to win in arena, you would need a TJ/Resurrect Valiant team. Of course, if you are playing for a challenge instead of a win, you may wish to try different team combos.

I did not arrive at my current team line up by chance. I can still remember back before I can deploy TJ Valiant teams, I would lose nearly every time I encounter a TJ/Resurrect Valiant team. You play, you learn (after losing and raging for a bit, haha) and you adapt.

More to the point, the reason I did my play through is not for a challenge. It is to see how long I can last before losing 3 times in the arena (unfortunately, this is still an unknown as I had 2 losses due to game crash) and how many points a person can grind if they can put in the full 24 hours for the day. I’d seen some players with 200k+ points 8 hours into a new week and I was just wondering how they achieve that.

Now with that line up, I’ve experience many perfect wins when I win the coin toss even against higher power opponents.

Round 1 – Start with Bomb’s Gang up on Blue and use Chuck’s rage straight away. Usually wipes out the opposing team and cuts AI banner health to 2/3 as you get a minimum of 6 attacks in the first round. (Chuck’s rage – 3+1 (Gang Up from Blue) attacks + Blue’s attack – 1+1 (Gang Up from Blue triggers again) attacks)

Round 2 – Start with Bomb’s Gang up on Chuck, Gang up on Blue is still active so you get 1+1 attacks with both Chuck and Blue giving you a minimum of 4 attacks in the second round with the AI banner as the only target. (A TJ trigger here automatically gives you an additional 1+1 attack).

You just need a couple of lucky crits/TJ triggers in round 1 or 2 to win at the end of round 2 with no damage to your birds and banner. A perfect game.

Yes, TJ Valiant teams are way, way, way too OP.

In fact, my only losses now seems to be from bugs (I think) or AI teams getting multiple consecutive TJ triggers. I remember

1. I lose coin toss, AI Chuck gets 6 consecutive TJ triggers, kills all my birds and banner in round 1.

2. (bugs, I think) AI team has frost savage, and my birds all freeze after every attack, Chuck’s rage is useless as Chuck freezes after the first attack, Bomb and Blue never attack. Gang up useless as Blue/Chuck freezes and Gang up never triggers. My birds freezes even when AI frost savage is already KOed. Is freezing barrier a passive ability as my birds freezes even when I win coin toss and attacks first.

3. (bugs, I think) My KOed birds never ever wakes up again, even during matches where AI birds do not have ability/gear to reset counter.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I’d seen some players with 200k+ points 8 hours into a new week…

If that was a legal score a player would need to achieve 416.67 points per minute, or 25k points per hour, in those eight hours.
    How many arena points do you get maximum for a Diamond battle, and how long does a battle take you on average? If you end up way below those 416.67 ppm the scores can only be cheated, seeing as you’re already getting the maximum out of your banner and birds.

Sailus
    @sailus

@smwforever45 the maximum pts you do in diamond league is 35 + 175 + 50 = 260.

Most of the times I win in the second wave, so it’s really fast fights. Lol
    And aren’t you forgetting the missions pts? 5.5k just from the missions. And like @rovin said we get a lot of “175” ones in a 3star win. Its possible, you just need the time to do it and the luck to get good pts. :-)

Edit: I think Valiant easier to win then the others banners. When I get valiant I use a strong team and only aim for the banner. When it’s not Valiant I use venom team and have fun killing the birds first.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

If it takes 1 1/2 minutes every battle that would 40 battles per hour which is 260*40=10,400 points/hour. To get 195K(5.5K from daily obyjectives) it would take 18.75 hours, so those are obviously not legitimate scores and I don’t think anoyone could take less than 1 1/2 min every battle. Even at 1 min/battle and earning around 250/battle 1K/4 min so 15K in an hour. In 8 hours you would earn 120K. Definetly not legimete

Rovin
    @rovintan

I think I saw the 200k+ points in 8 hours guy back when I was still in silver. While I don’t really want to accuse a fellow player of cheating, what my league board shows sometimes really makes me scratch my head in wonder.(Enzo – if you are reading this, I am taking a screenshot of my league board whenever I can, no more funny huge point gains, haha) I’ll just chalk it up to server errors for the time being, Rovio is there to take the blame anyways (they are the only party getting paid out of this).

Anyways, my good old GF is threatening to sue me for negligence due to my previous 2 days of X-files and AB Epic bingeing. Don’t think I’ll be playing much today. Good thing all 3 of my daily challenge is easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy today.
    1. KO enemy birds with Bomb x3
    2. KO enemy banner while all enemy birds are KOed x3
    3. Win 3 battles in a row
    So 3 battles later, +5.5k points.

Most likely, Day 4 of W6S6 will end at 157,535 points (a measly increase of 6,630 points) for me. I’ll try to see if I can squeeze in more battles after the GF goes to bed. I also don’t think I can get much play tomorrow as I’ll be hanging out with friends for most of the day.

Currently, at Season 2 Episode 16 of the X-files and it ends in a cliff hanger. I really want to start Episode 17 but the GF is complaining of neglect again. Sigh…………. It seems like I can play more of AB Epic during my working hours compared to my off days.

Happy Playing guys!

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

Interesting observations. I don’t know what jobs you guys do for a living but it’d be a nice milestone to achieve spending that much time grinding points.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

In addition to the calculations @abcdefg did (thanks for taking the work off me XD): It’s not said that you get the 260 points every battle. It’s a wheel where you could also get way less points.
    I thought so anyway but that’s the confirmation, 200k+ points in 8 hours is a definite cheat.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

I know that the wheel does not always give the full points @smwforever45. I was just exagerating it to show that it is a tremendous cheat not a small cheat.

Rovin
    @rovintan

@vinnieb00
    I am a business development manager for an international bank but unfortunately (or fortunately), I am posted to a country with really bad work ethics and my boss (a local) who does not want to rock the boat basically asks me to be only as efficient as the person I replaced so I have to spread out work that I can usually complete in 1 hour over the 8 hours I have to spend in the office.

I noticed something interesting today.
    So end of Day 4, W6S6, Enzo at No.2 with 126,065 points
    ABE 17.44 31Mar16.jpg
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/rovintan/album/picture/18590/

End of Day 5, W6S6, I am at 167,455 points, gaining 9,920 points but Enzo dropped to No 14 with 0 points
    ABE 12.58 01Apr16.jpg
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/rovintan/album/picture/18591/
    ABE 13.00 01Apr16.jpg
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/rovintan/album/picture/18592/

Start of Day 6, W6S6, Enzo is back at No.2 with 132,085 points.
    ABE 00.39 02Apr16.jpg
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/rovintan/album/picture/18593/

So what do you guys think? Server error? Does this constitute a point gain of 132,085 points over 12 hours for Enzo?

Happy Playing guys!
    Edit – added links to screenshots as the images don’t seem to display properly for me.

Rovin
    @rovintan

Hmm….. Why am I awaiting moderation?
    especially since my post was up when I initially post it last night?

Rovin
    @rovintan

End of Day 6, W6S6
    Currently at 182,455 points, an increase of 15,000 points over Day 5
    Just finish X-Files Season 3 Episode 14.

1 more day to finish the week. I’ll try to see if I can hit 200k points tomorrow.

Happy Playing guys!

Mohww3
    @mouh

why you dont say that there are many cheaters do that
    one time i was first with 80000 point and sudnly someone from down become 85000 point in one day
    and another time in next arena week the same 3 of cheaters collect point in steps steps 15000 by 15000 and in last week he got about 260000 point that,s mean about 40000 point in one day realy it\s very difficult to get this score in good without cheating
    really iam very depressed from rovio and why they cant control this point and dont allow cheater promote to next league from the beginning of cheating
    but any way the cheaters find way that rovio cant know how they are cheating
    really very depressed

Rovin
    @rovintan

@mouh
    I want to give people the benefit of the doubt. I also do not want to trivialize someone else’s efforts (especially if he/she is a child). Why accuse someone of cheating when it could very well be a server issue? Why create all these conflict over a F2P game where even if you win or lose, you don’t really get/lose out on getting anything of real world value? It is just better to just enjoy the game. The sadist in me enjoys calling out potential cheaters though.

I had also proven that getting 120k-130k points over 12 hours of play is in the realm of possibility (I’ve manage to get 85k+ points over 8-9 hours). The only reason I posted Enzo’s scores is because he suddenly lost 126k points and got them back within 12 hours (which does seem to indicate a server issue).

All in all, don’t worry too much about the cheaters (if there are any) and just enjoy the game.

Rovin
    @rovintan

I guess I end the week here, I’ve manage to accumulate a score of 200,025 for week 6 of Season 6, I’d manage to get 2 good days of play this week but unfortunately, the GF started to complain after day 3 so it kind of drop off after that.

Week 6, Season 6.
    Scores at the end of
    Day 1 – 14,110 (+14,110)
    Day 2 – 65,590 (+51,480)
    Day 3 – 150,905 (+85,315)
    Day 4 – 157,535 (+6,630)
    Day 5 – 167,455 (+9,920)
    Day 6 – 182,455 (+15,000)
    Day 7 – 200,025 (+17,570)

I also don’t think I can get much play in Week 7 (even though I am still on leave) as the GF have declared that she will also take the week off (the GF has her own law practice unlike poor old me who has to work to make a living) to be with me and our twins.

Maybe I’ll start posting my scores when I start work again when I have more time to play.
    As usual, Happy Playing guys!

vyse12012
    @vyse12012

wow, you guys are beast !

When I acheived 100k at the end of the week, I’m very happy (my max score is around 115k)

Since now, I play to follow the 2nd and 3rd. If they play a lot, I play more.
    But on every boards I played since season 2, everyone seem to play less.

Once I’m in the diamond league, I cruise by only playing the dailies

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum How I grind 50k+ arena points in 9 hours

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.