Help Rovio improving AB2

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Help Rovio improving AB2

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Replies
  • Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

All of your suggestions are good, but they will benefit ALL players, including the top players you think you can catch up with.  Haha, these multitudes of cheaters will never be overtaken by you because they are dishonest and always many steps ahead of you!  It’s good for Rovio because they’re the engine of the whole game.  With them you will be shown what could be if you would only make an effort – or pay real money!

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

True, and it’s pretty damn sad that people are are wasting their time and lives cheating in a free mobile game like this. I will never understand why people do it, it makes no sense and doesn’t benefit anyone…not even them as they aren’t having fun from playing the game as it’s mean to be played, they aren’t earning anything and aren’t working for anything. It’s completely pathetic and pointless to no end.

maverick
    @maverick78

Clans who have cheaters banned during a battle should be forced to forfeit.

It’s just a complete disgrace the amount of cheating Rovio enables and encourages throughout this game.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

They should do that it’s the least you’d expect; it’s BS for clans to get undeserved points from cheaters and have a free win that they didn’t earn.

I’d put it down to laziness on Rovio’s part, they should be a lot more attentive to this game and try to show more interest in keeping things fair.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

It’s been a while since anything was posted here so I’ll expand a bit on my 13th suggestion, chest prices and discounts:

Let’s be honest…no one is buying rare chests. They have an 85% chance of an uncommon card (blue) which isn’t worth the 80 gem price. The usual rewards are all uncommon blue cards: x3 spells which is worth 30-40 gems at most. 20 black pearls and 500/750 feathers is worth 10-20 gems at most. 1x Mighty Eagle is worth maybe 20 gems at most.

Also, rare chests can be earned reliably by just playing daily:

– x2 chests/day from watching an ad video (through a pop-up on the main menu).

– x2 chests if I’m able to beat both the DC and KPP.

– x1 chest from winning the 3rd round in the Arena; I only do the first 4 rounds, break my streak on the 5th and start over. Do that 2-3 times a day (depending on how much I feel like playing) and that’s several chests easily.

– Occasional chests that appear in early rooms in DCs, KPPs and normal levels. Honestly these don’t show up very often so aren’t really a reliable source.a

Legendary chests I would also bet than no one is buying. It costs just under 1000 gems for one and while the rewards are good, they’re not that good and definitely not worth the price. They’re super rare to earn from playing as they only only show up as final rewards for a few things:

– Arena super streaks (good luck completing the entire thing without using 4-5 spells and possibly gems each round).

– Hat adventures (good luck beating the entire thing with newly introduced Exotic hat sets that you can only get from the ToF).

– Clan vs Clan victories (easiest to win if your clan is good, and even then these events aren’t that frequent).

So my suggestion is simple: lower the prices of both rare and legendary chests. Rare chests could easily be lowered to 60 gems though think 50 gems would be a lot more reasonable; again given the 85% uncommon reward chance you’re very likely going to get mediocre blue cards which aren’t worth 80 gems.

Legendary chests could easily have it’s price lowered to 500 gems, though 400 would work too as would 300. It should be the most expensive chest given it’s rewards, but it doesn’t need to be as ludicrously expensive as 900 gems. I would then actually consider buying them on rare occasions as opposed to never and I think others would too.

Then to make things even better, add a new event similar to the Feather Frenzy and Black Pearl Party:

“Chest Madness! During this event, rare and legendary chest prices are reduced!”

The discount could be anywhere from 20% to 25% to 33% to 50%. The event would makes chests cost less gems for a limited time, and the event duration would be as long as a Feather Frenzy or Black Pearl Party.

Buster
    @doulgas

At least stop calling them “rare.”

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

So many great suggestions. I would like to add a more meta one. Increase the development cycle. Weekly or fortnightly updates, schedule them so everyone knows there should be an update every 2nd Tuesday or something, generally. Announce when it will be, what will it be, give players information, stats, etc. Do a big update every 3 or 4, but just smaller updates, quality of life updates, tweaks to at least slow down the cheating every time, moving folders around, some kind of local cheat detection like Steam does. So many suggestions though are small things, not like a whole new bird, but just like better scrolling in the map saga, maybe a chapter select. Tweaking rewards. Could just be 1 feature “This week we are now changing the clan wall to show which leader or co-leader performed the action to help reduce drama in our game”.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

New idea: Uncommon gem cards in common and rare chests

– Currently, you can open the common chest and occasional get a card that gives 10 gems. It’s not a lot but it’s still nice. How about introducing an uncommon (blue) card that gives 30 gems? Add this to the common chest and the rare chest, to mix things up a bit. I myself (and likely others too) would prefer this over getting 20 or 75 black pearls. I don’t see this happening but it would be nice nonetheless.

New idea: Adjust the chest reward chances

– Starting with the uncommon chest:

For a free chest that you can get every 30 mins, these chances aren’t too bad. I personally don’t really mind these chests too much, though it would be nice if the timer was reduced to 20 minutes or even 15. I would even like to see the common reward chance dropped to 80% and the uncommon bumped up to 20%. One or the other would be a nice adjustment.

The rare chest has some strange reward chances:

It has “rare” in it’s name yet only has a 10% chance of actually giving something of rare quality and for some reason has an 85% chance of giving uncommon rewards, essentially making it a glorified common chest. This is stupid. The chances really could do with some minor tweaking, so here’s what I would do:

Uncommon: 70% chance (reduced by 15%)

Rare: 20% chance (increased by 10%)

Magical: 10% chance (increased by 6%)

Epic: A 1% chance is completely pointless so it may aswell be removed from this chest and made exclusive to the legendary chest

Finally, the legendary chest:

For something named “legendary” it only has a pitiful 2% chance of giving a legendary tier reward. No one is buying these for gems as the chances for the top 2 tiers of rewards are just too small not worth it. Even getting one as a reward for Clan v Clan battles, you still end up with a pink card most of the time. I don’t expect this chest to pay out top tier loot every time, but come on, these chances are stingy at best.

Thus, this chest could also do with having it’s figures tweaked just a bit:

Magical: 70% (decreased by 15%)

Epic: 20% (increased by 7%)

Legendary: 10% (increased by 8%)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Help Rovio improving AB2

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.