Headmaster Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Headmaster Event

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 182 total)
  • Replies
  • ST
    @thombleson

The thing i do not get is all these high scorers are using gems and assuming they do not have a massive stock piles of gems why not just pay the $30 and get scorponok in the first two days? I mean if you pay for the gems the amounts they have to be spending would more than pay for scorponok. This whole even seems designed to eat up everyones gem stock and get you to spend real $$. I have only see a few crazy scores in my leaderboard but I am also lucky to get a run over 1000 before bonus. I always assumed the levels where the same for every player but from what some discuss on this board everyone gets different levels. Some talk about getting 3-4 unicrons per day but i am lucky to see him or boss pig once a day.

ED209
    @ed209

@thombleson, I am the same, Boss pig I have seen a few days and I have had unicron once a day.

I have had runs in this event as low as 350\400 before bonus and everyone seems to get much better scores.

I have struggled a lot to even get in the top ten in this event and even if I do I always find people spending large amount of gems to get further up the board. makes all the time effort put in to the game a waste if someone with unlimited gems is just going to wipe the floor with everyone else. in this event no one has any multipliers unless they get the bundle and give 47k of sparks which then at that point why bother playing.

Im finding it hard to keep motivated to play events and a few times its crossed my mind to give up on the game but I have just reached 10,058 gems and this is without spending a penny on the game.

ST
    @thombleson

This event has me sitting here thinking who in their right mind would even think about starting to play this game today. you start and you got 26 TFs to get to level 15 and then you got 20 TF to get from events but inorder to get those you got to promote the origonal 26 TFs you got to get a good bonus. then once you get the event TF you got to pomote them and upgrade them. The whole time dealing with rovio’s screw ups and bugs. Then you have to get all the energinocons. You also have to collect sparks and there is no break in events just one after another after another after another. The every event if you do not get enough tokens to get anything you got to start over next event with nothing. I mean that doesn’t even sound like a fun game that sounds like a second job where you hit yourself in the head with a hammer all day that you do not get paid to do.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Managed to get into 2nd place today. But that’s not the real story.

I tried a late push to get into 1st, but just ran out of time. Spent 40 gems for the third recharge of the day, and managed to fall short of #1 by 1,500 points.

That’s right. The crash I suffered earlier today that wiped out one of my runs, was the margin of difference between #1 and #2.

JARSU MAXIMUS!!!!

zeppled
    @zeppled

Looks like the crash bug is back. I had a video playing also and then it just went out of the game. When I went back in I had lost that one tournament play.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

The thing i do not get is all these high scorers are using gems and assuming they do not have a massive stock piles of gems why not just pay the $30 and get scorponok in the first two days? I mean if you pay for the gems the amounts they have to be spending would more than pay for scorponok.

I don’t think it’s true as long as you switch off your righteous indignance and start counting beans. Scorponok costs 10,000 tokens, in other words, 5,000 gems. Dividing by 7 days of the event, that’s roughly 700 gems a day. From what I see on my boards, it is enough to spend around 200 (300 at worst) recharge gems to get into the 1,000-500 rewards interval, which is enough to accumulate the same amount of tokens that you would get by paying twice more straight in gems (of course, that’s provided that you can play in the final hour of the day, otherwise you most likely get sniped by other spenders). That one can afford to *pay* doesn’t mean he has to *waste*.

You also have to collect sparks and there is no break in events just one after another after another after another.

Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing for a beginner. I occasionally play a few rounds on my daughter’s tablet, where the game is in its early stage, so I can compare the experience. While there’s no chance to get event TFs without being a heavy grinder, the ability to play additional levels with an “Instant 8” bot that doesn’t take time and money to heal (while the main difficulty is calculated for much lesser average level) is a huge source of coin… and in early stages, coin is *not* a worthless resource at all.

Asen_77
    @asen

Yesterday with three reload ( 70 gems ) I reached 100k points and get 3-rd place. As I see this days – 100k is reachable if you play all runs from the day and do three recharge. Once day with 100k was 6-th ( 300 tokens ) and next day with 100k was 3-rd ( 500 tokens ). Till now I am with 6200 tokens and probably with good position and 100k reached will collect almost enough for Scorponok. Till now I spend around 200 gems for reload.

ST
    @thombleson

@werehamsta
    I guess my “righteous indignance” must have offended you some how since you singled out my quotes and not everyone else that keeps complaining about this event and the constant events. first your 5,000 gems is *not* what i was referring to. I was reffering to the fact for $30 you can go buy 1500 gems waaay less than your 5000 gems. so 1500 gems divided by a 7 day event is 214 gems per day. which i may be wrong because i never counted only gets you 5-6 recharges which for some of these people getting scores of 100k-200k since there is no bonus squad i would assume have to be spending recharging that many times. So why recharge that many times when they offered the new TF for $30 in the beginning and for at least 2 days plus you got a ton of sparks and an accessory. So once you take that into account your 214 gems a day you are getting a lot less than your real $$ would have got you in the beginning. Of course using gems in the end is going to be more expensive than playing that is why they offer the special TF packages in the beginning.

As for the constant events read the rest of the forum. I am not the only one getting tired of this. I was trying to point out that for a beginner this game has to be like standing at the base of a mountain that you cannot see the top. Some people would enjoy the climb but some people are going to say screw it and go find another game they can get a sense of completion out of.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

There are days when the number of gems used to reach a certain milestone aren’t worth it, but some people do it anyway.

For example, today I started playing at 7am EDT – meaning that if I don’t recharge at all, I can only get 16 “natural” runs for the day.

Based on my average over my first 12 runs (I’ve recharged twice already), I’m hovering right around 2,000 points/run including bonus.

I’ve determined that short of getting a Unicron run somewhere in there, I’ll need three recharges (70 gems) to hit 50,000 and nine recharges (610 gems) to hit 100,000. I’m not going to go for the 100,000 (it’s as much about wasting gems, as it is finding an extra hour out of the day just to grind the additional runs), but I don’t think it’s a stretch to assume that someone will. (With the exception of yesterday, each day my leaderboard has had #1 and sometimes #2 and #3 above 100,000.)

Is it worth it? Well, the 540 additional gems required for the 4th through 9th recharges is an extra 200 tokens in the Challenge, and for argument’s sake let’s say that it also gets you into #1 spot, so that’s another 500 tokens over what you’d get in #2/#3 spot.

So you’re getting those additional 700 tokens at a ratio of 1 token to 0.77 gems (700/540). On the other hand, if you just use gems to top-up in the token exchange, then you’re getting tokens to gems at 2:1.

Asen_77
    @asen

Today with green box is bad day for me. I started 4 hours after the event day start. Till now I am about 20 000 points without any gems reload. No Unicron and Bos PIgg till now. First and second in the list are 75k+ points, thirs is around 24k. Todays run are around 400/500 points before bonus, so close to 1700/1800 points. It will not worth to spend gems reload. Todays target for me is 50k points and position between 3/6 so I will get 300 tokens. If I don’t see Unicron, probably will need reload for that point, but hope to be only one. It will be impossible to go for 100k and it will not worth at all.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I’m doing fine in this event. Today is my worst day, I’m falling into 7th place, but I didn’t recharged yet. On the other days I managed to get two 1st places and two third places, with a controlled amount of gems spent. I will wait until the end to see if it is worth to make some recharges.

Some time ago, I ranted about how I was unsatisfied with the game. I’ve almost dropped the game. Maybe it would be better if I just give up and recover some time of my life back, but since I decided to keep playing, it is better to do so by not looking only to the bad things of the game. This would be to admit that I’m playing only because I’m addicted, and not because I am enjoying the game. If I jump to this conclusion, I must drop the game without any doubt.

I’m trying to stop complaining (I still complain, but I’m trying to control it), and look to the good things the game still have. From my perspective, there are some:
    > Less crashes – Yes, the number of crashes diminished A LOT. I’ve experienced only one crash during this entire event.
    > Real chances to get new bots – They cost more, but the rewards are also better. It is harder for newcomers, but it is still possible without paying money.
    > Spark run and Daily Quests – They became entirely optional to me, after getting three bots with gold crown promotion. For newcomers, I would say it is still mandatory, if they want to participate in events.
    > Use tokens to upgrade bots – I don’t think that power upgrades are worth yet, but the option to use tokens to level up a bot instantly is nice.
    > Flying pigs are not invincible anymore – I can kill the with one shot again, and it is a good sign – they nerf, but sometimes they un-nerf our bots.
    > Events without interruption – It is not a bad thing at all IMO. If I don’t have anything else to get, I go for sparks, or even skip the event entirely. More events means we have more chances to earn the bots and accessories we don’t have yet.

I resume, I’m not saying we have to stop complaining about problems in the game. What I’m saying is that if we only do that, it is really better if we just skip this annoyance and move on, like some of us already did.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

Since I got the remaining accessories for Galvatron and already bought the sparks, I’ve just been using to event to help with dailies. Since I didn’t care about points I tried out Scorponok. Wow, I’m really glad I’m not busting a hump to get him. He’s awesome looking but as far as game play, he’s just a barebones Galvatron. Even though Trypticon used Grimlock’s build, his play style is a hybrid of Megatron and Galvatron. He is fin to play, Scorponok is just playing as Galvatron.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@deszaras That’s all recent characters. They are all old characters made to be stronger. As far as I have tried, he can fire a total of 7 times before needing to coll down. That’s the only advantage of him over Galvatrons.

Asen_77
    @asen

I am hoping next two days to be with something different then blocks. I am hoping to missle and something else. Today with these green block things are worst from the beginning of this event. Also hope most of the Gems spending players to get Scorponok already and to have better chances for position on leaderboard.

Meh
    @mehh

FYI for the person who was talking about buying the character bundle vs spending gems……

For some players/platforms there is a problem with the bundle purchasing system and all non-jewels bundles have been removed from the game for them. I am one of these people. I can only purchase jewels, which I do not need . This is the second new character event that I have not been able to purchase the new character, so my choice is to do the math and find the balance between paying jewels now or paying with jewels in the token exchange after the event and going with the lowest option

Maybe the lack of a purchase option is the reason the leader boards have been so tight.

ST
    @thombleson

@mehh that was probably me. All i was trying to point out is that to me it seems like purchasing the character in the beginning would be better off than spending a bunch of gems to recharge to get to over 100k each day. Now there is always circumstances that make that not possible like in your case an error, i know some players have a crazy amount of gems built up, or maybe you just want to be No. 1. I was just saying if you are buying gems to recharge and using more than 200 gems a day then you would save $$ by just buying the TF bundle because you get the TF, 20k sparks, and the tail accessory, and again that is assuming you are spending $$ to get your gems. I am not sure if some people are thinking i was bashing people that buy gems or buy the bundles but i am not. I was also not trying to say if you are going to use gems to recharge you should just save them and spend 5k gems to get the TF at the end or even spending a few gems at the end of the event to get the TF was dumb, which is probably what i will do. I am sorry if my opinion upset everyone but it is just my opinion and it is just a game.

Anonymous

@datguygamer Which is especially sad. Honestly, the way Scorponok’s weapon is built is the way Galvatron’s should be. Then Scorponok gets buffed from there. :P

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Well, that was an easy win. One recharge took a slight lead. Did a second as a buffer. Just need 1700 today and tomorrow for the new bot. Already have the sparks.

Day 6 is flying pigs. Expected token levels are:

1. 100 @ 1600 – Tot: 100
    2. 100 @ 3200 – Tot: 200
    3. 150 @ 8000 – Tot: 350
    4. 150 @ 12800 – Tot: 500
    5. 150 @ 24000 – Tot: 650
    6. 150 @ 40000 – Tot: 800
    7. 200 @ 80000 – Tot: 1000
    8. 250 @ 160000 – Tot: 1250
    9. 500 @ 240000 – Tot: 1750
    10. 750 @ 320000 – Tot: 2500

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@partshade It’s laziness on Rovio to reuse old characters and then offer them with tokens that are way high. First it was 5000, then 7500, now 10K. Next bump will be 12K.

Anonymous

@datguygamer And in the process, make the gem-to-token ratio even expensive. I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that both character prices and token rewards are increasing, yet you still only get 2 tokens per 1 gem. Rovio is making their own hard currency drop in value. :/

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@partshade Yes, that is true. They like to shoot themselves in the foot like this always.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

With both accessories and about level 10, scorponok is fun… he destroys WMT with ease.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@thombleson

I understood your comparison, but I think that people that goes crazy on the leaderboards are not thinking about the best ratio between the cost of gems and the cost of the new bot.

I think those players already have lots of gems, and are only caring about the position on the leaderboard.

ED209
    @ed209

Is anyone else getting short runs with low scores? This day has been a nightmare for trying to get anywheee in the leaderboard. Currently had runs of 300 before bonus

Asen_77
    @asen

Today my runs are better then green box day. There was a very bad day. Also today pointing system is better – 200 tokens are at 80k points. Yesterday 200 tokens were at level 100k points.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Headmaster Event

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 182 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.