Headmaster Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Headmaster Event

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 182 total)
  • Replies
  • addicted1
    @addicted1

@optiums_pig I have never done so poorly in a event either. I can normally get top 5 and No. 1 with a few recharges. In this event with the low scores and the large gaps once you get over 50k. I do not feel there is much purpose going past 50k especially when you get there a hour or so before the event ends and you know you would have to double what it took you 20hrs to do. I know I could recharge earlier but this is supposed to be a game not a second job. I have not missed a run except to sleep so it is not a lack of trying. I think this event has one purpose and that is to get players to spend the gems they have been hoarding. I think if the next events keep these low score I will probably be done with the game.

Aledromo
    @aledromo

@optimuspig

I couldn’t have put it better myself. Though it feels like cheating to not try for the tokens first. What can I say? We’re an unwell population whose psychoses are being exploited. It’s well known.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

Scorponok is not really great. He can fire about 8 shots before overheat, but the recovery time is very long. I don’t know about damage yet, I could kill any pig with one shot, but I should test it against a WMT to have some kind of reference about damage.

The thing is, he is a one target shooter, and this is not good on events. If he had explosive rounds, I could find some use for him, but for now, he will be sitting on the barracks for a long time.

I’m on first in my group today. The Unicron appearance helped me a lot, but the second place is close to me. I will spend gems get a good position, as long ass I can buy accessories, but I’m not going to be too competitive at the end of this day.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@ramonpontes

as long ass I can

That’s funny when I am reading it thinking of how Rovio and Exient screws up often.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I will say though, that skipping the first 11 or 12 hours of each event day and not starting until 7am or 8am has been wonderful. No more lost sleep just to avoid missing runs overnight.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Done the math. I’ve averaging 1,300 points per run (after bonus) over 14 runs. This includes one recharge.

I have six “natural” runs remaining.

I should break the 25,000 threshold easily, but I’m not going to waste the time or gems for an additional 19 recharge runs just to get to 50,000 and an extra 200 tokens.

Asen_77
    @asen

With one Unicron run I reached 25k and collect total 9950 tokens. So with 25 Gems get Scorponok :). Team is full again.

Doctor Piggy
    @doctorpiggy

Rovio really has to rethink it’s token values as this will be the first transformer I have to spend gems to get it. Every day I’ve hit the 50000 point mark which is 800 tokens yet my highest finish is twice in 6th place. To get to 50000 points is a good hour per day playing the game. That amount of time should be enough to be able to exchange for just tokens. The trypicon competition was not like this but required 10000 tokens too. Every day there are players (bots?) Getting over 100000 points which on the last few days of very low scoring levels means a crazy number of recharges. It leaves me considering whether to carry on playing if this is rovios new way forward even though I’m level 705 esp when this transformer is just a boring galvatron and not a dead end type character

Whatever-was-taken
    @dualemg81

Started off strong with a high average, no concerns to reach 10k, then came work week, no excess time like a weekend offers, average shrunk dramatically, and ended with 10130. Way too much time spent, absurd time where there’s no challenge to the challenge, just a grind as if working in a salt mine. Can’t say there was any enjoyment trying to reach the goal.

In short, dead of fun. :/

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Screenshot_2017-05-18-20-00-45_RS.png

Also picked up the sparks, Galvatron’s Sword, and after 10 tokens from tomorrow’s daily quests, Galvatron’s Ace of Spades.

A total of 250 tokens was spent on recharges. Overall, a quite successful event.

Also got my first gold crown bot with Deadend and will be gold crowning Ultimate Megatron in a couple days.

addicted1
    @addicted1

@millforce2k you must have got some good runs. I pretty much only runs i got over 500-600 prebonus was boss pig or unicron. I would have had to spend close to 250 a day just to get up to the 100k points. one run i got everything and only got 160 prebonus. I thought all the runs were the same for all players apparently not and i guess it is just luck of the draw.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@addicted1 Yea, pretty good runs on block days, but so-so on other days. Biggest contribution was lucking out on some non-competitive boards. Four first places, two second places, and one fifth place. The fifth place was the day I didn’t do any recharges and skipped the last run.

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

Well, I’m at 7240. I don’t think I even cracked the top 10 once (certainly no more than once). I used to be able to get in the top 5 regularly, and now, I was having to put in extra runs just to not be in last place. I don’t understand what Rovio is doing. I recently upgraded my Energon Grimlock to the highest spark level, and it seems that everyone on all of my leader boards was also there. Maybe everyone had two fully upgraded Transformers? I have no idea, but this was not even remotely fun.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@audioman612

Yeah, nowadays if you didn’t have +210% bonus (two fully promoted TFs) or very close to it, you’re at a severe disadvantage.

This whole Sparks thing has been around long enough that most regular players should have at least two if not more fully promoted TFs in their roster.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Yea, I’m one of those “regular” players. I have not, and will not, spend real money on this game. My Deadend hit gold crown status halfway through this event and Ultimate Megatron will be gold crown in a couple days. Five other bots range from 25% to 85%.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I could reach first place in the last day, and I only recharged once. I think players on my leaderboard were tired of this event, and did not fight for the first place.

I could get the tail accessory for Scorponok. It is interesting that this is the only accessory (beyond hats) that is displayed in vehicle mode. It is very weird to see a truck with a tail, but is better than the accessory simply disappear as the others do.

I have 150 tokens left now, and the cheaper thing I can buy is the tiny canister of sparks, but it costs 420 tokens. I will not spend 270 tokens to complete this quota, since I can do two spark runs with this amount of tokens and choose an early stage, earning safely about 300 sparks each run. Anyway, I’m not spending gems to get sparks at all.

I will let those tokens vanish. I’m not spending tokens in coin exchanges anymore. Maybe one day there will be a glitch that will preserve the tokens from one event to another.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@millforce2k

I have two TFs at max promotion and one about 2/3 of the way up.

And that’s it.

Since I’m winding down my play, I don’t plan to promote my TFs any further, unless I can get the sparks with minimal effort (like when Rovio gives us free tokens). I haven’t done a Sparkrun in almost a month, and I’m happy with that.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Does anyone have any guess as to what tomorrow’s event will be?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Honestly, I hope nothing interesting for the next two weeks, so that I can enjoy my vacation.

Joel
    @joel687

Based on the transformers I have not fully accessorized yet, I can tell which bots have not been featured in a long time. I am guessing/hoping one of these bots:
    Nemesis Prime
    Sunstorm
    Gold Slam Grimlock
    Grey Slam grimlock
    Lockdown

I would like another shot at Chromia to finish accessories, too, but I know she was featured this year already

Edit- I also need Sentinel Prime- Which is good since he is the next event

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@joel687 I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE Nemesis to be available.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’d be impressed if Scorponok was a new design rather than just a repaint of Galvatron.

This game’s really jumped the shark.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Haven’t you seen Skorponok? He is a (somewhat) new design. Somewhat…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m upgrading him as we speak.

Weapon and overall design screams Galvatron. His vehicle mode is also Galvatron.

Really the only difference is they added some antennae to his head and the new paint scheme.

Also, did you notice that in the Barracks, they both do the same thing where they snap to attention like a soldier, then salute and hit themselves on the head with their weapon.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

His weapon is more like Shockwave in that his beam passes through objects and destroys everything on the path.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Headmaster Event

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 182 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.