Happy New Year event now live

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Happy New Year event now live

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Replies
  • coolbug
    @coolbug

I just found unicron pig on a beach level with e. Grimlock. I didn’t destroy him but I got 3847 points from him.

Phillips
    @phillips

I don’t have the same super competitive people on my board but it certainly appears first place has used at least 1 recharge (and not missed a free run) to get in 1st with nobody else interested in spending gems to compete for 100 tokens.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

Happy New Year to all.

I have finished the first day’s challenge with 68,106 points and currently holding down 11th position. My bonus for the day was at +50% and I only missed 4-5 runs because of sleep. The leader of the board is currently on 173,646 and I am guessing may not have noticed the reduced payout and just concentrated on the position.

I earned 1150 tokens early on and when I awoke this morning did daily challenges which included another 50, so have already purchased the Conduit and am back to scratch on tokens. I will pick up 10 for my position in about 30 minutes time and if the token rewards remain the same should finish up with 1160 when max token level reached later today. That will leave me short 10 tokens for getting both Capsule and Canister which gives me the choice to wait until competition ends to get 10 token minimum or spend 5 gems to get them straight away.

sheepybach
    @paul13

P1 is still going nearly 250,000 now bonkers it is.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

I am guessing that Rovio/Exient will have a number of tickets to look at with people lodging complaints and we may even get a post here from someone who has not looked at the site since comp started and expected a higher prize.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

Day 2 more of the same. Same target, same token level.

Joel
    @joel687

I am liking that the competition aspect is gone. I just have to put in around 8 runs in 24 hours and I am guaranteed 1150 tokens. There is no need to stress over the max 100 token bonus. No need to spend any gems. Cool

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

Did anyone else have any insanely large token rewards? (i.e. 200 instead of 20) after a couple they went back to normal… I think it was about 70 it reset.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@pandaczar12 its happening to everyone

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@paul13 How about only one bot to 105% and other to about X%? Will that work? Or maybe some type of other percentage where one is 70 and the other is 60. Multiply that sun with 3.

Asen_77
    @asen

With 80% bonus and spend 30 gems, I finished first with about 128 000 points. Only 100 token for first place …

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Hi all, Happy New Year! :)

RE: Combining % promotional bonus from the same squad for a BIG score bonus:

@paul13

@datguygamer

To get 2 Bots @ 105% will take a hell of a lot of sparks and i don’t know if that amount has been around have they???

You need 47,600 sparks to get to 105% bonus

@datguygamer

@paul13 How about only one bot to 105% and other to about X%? Will that work? Or maybe some type of other percentage where one is 70 and the other is 60. Multiply that sun with 3.

So here’s what I did (scores from yesterday’s Live Event – Happy New Year eve):

My Rodimus with Sparks 45% promo score bonus: and at a mere level 11 only.

Rodimus with 45pc Sparks promo bonus

My Ultra Magnus with Sparks 45% promo score bonus: and at a mere level 12 only.
    Ultra Magnus with Sparks 45% promo score bonus

So each will give Sparks 120% promo score bonus: times 2 equals GRAND TOTAL of 240% promo score bonus!!!
    120pc times 2 for total of 240pc sparks promo score bonus

Yup, gotta buy those Sparks bundles, or earn them from exchanging Tokens in Live Events.

I didn’t wait for the measly 500 free Sparks for completing a Daily Quest every day (some of which are so difficult to complete!). I just wanted to do this the fast way.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

So even with a total of Sparks 240% promo score bonus,

ended up at the end of day 1 of the Live Event Happy New Year with my best score yet @ 116,304 points,

Leaderboard at end of Day 1: Live Event Happy New Year

The tokens received were a measly 100 Tokens. Due to this new system at the Leaderboard. hmmm no longer 1000 Tokens, it’s like it’s been slashed / divided by 10 times.
    Maintaining that lead of being in 1st place isn’t easy, you know!
    Sad, very sad! :( :( :(

Sad to get 100 tokens when ended up in 1st place at Happy New Year live event, end of Day 1

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@armourbender Thanks for the pictures. Now I know that it is possible to get such high points without investing gems. About the tokens, I really don’t get why they slashed the numbers. 1K to 100 tokens is a pretty big reduction.

Also, what device are you using? Just take screenshots instead of using other devices to use the camera.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@armourbender

OK thank you for your pic’s and I can now see that you can get high scores we are seeing.

Still Rovio are at it again with 100 Tokens for 1st place is just …… I can’t say it lol

Fred
    @musicman1951

This is obviously a great bonus, but what happens when neither of these TF’s are in the next competition bonus group?

Phillips
    @phillips

@asen did you not notice that it was 100 tokens for first when you looked at the leaderboard during the day?

@armourbender
    @datguygamer I’m happy with the reduction in the leaderboard tokens as the tokens are now (or at least for this challenge) part of the daily tokens for your own score. Means your playing more against yourself than other players. Also with the complaints of bots on the leaderboard you know don’t have to focus as much on the leaderboard.

sheepybach
    @paul13

You will need more sparks to promote other Bots

Asen_77
    @asen

@Phillips Yes I notice, but think this is a mistake. No metter how much level you play, you can’t get enough token for sparks and panel that is offered in this event.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

This has to be a glitch, or a New Year’s “gift.” this format is great for us, but does nothing for them. No competition means no spending gems, and if it’s easy to hit the max token level, there’s no point in buying sparks.

I think they shot themselves in the foot with the promotions. Players with high promotions will hit max tokens quickly, but new players will never hit it if they increase the token levels, unless they buy gems or sparks.

They may be pushing people away that only give them ad revenue in favor of those willing to pay real money.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@phillips I would agree but they reduced 900 tokens from the leaderboard position for #1 and in no way are those divided in the early challenge rewards. The extra tokens offered are 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 in place of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50. So we have an extra of 40 + 80 + 120 + 160 + 200 = 600 tokens meaning we are still losing 300 tokens in the end.

Look at it this way if the above doesn’t buy. In the previous format we got 550 tokens from challenges and if anyone placed #1 he would get 1550. Now a player at #1 can get a max of 1250 (1150 + 100) meaning we still lose 300 tokens and let’s not get into the loss players incur when they place anywhere other than #1.

Geli
    @geli

I’m not losing any sleep over the token payout for the New Years event.

If the payout structure remains the same in the future or reverts to that which we have been accustomed, most will still play the game.

In a word: meh.

Mukesh007
    @mukesh007

Happy New year to all
    I m personally happy with this format as playing it now more fun, no more stress. Reduction in leader board reward compensate the stress reduction in our real life.
    Nd it removed those High scoring advantages, even if u get 30 token instead of 100 u feel satisfied that u didn’t spend sleepless time nd its just cost u 20/70 tokens which earlier cost us 300/700.
    But also

@millforce2k
    agree with u.. Looks like it’s just a new year gift. Providing event like this not going to compel us to buy things which ultimately reduce Rovio revenue. So surely for next event they r going to give us same old pattern. same stressful night (event start 5 30 am here)

Mukesh007
    @mukesh007

@datguygamer if we leave #1, #2nd #3 earn 550+500 =1150 (nd other earn less) which is now for all players is 1150 token almost assured.
    Only#1 lossing 300 but others r gaining more. So its like making 19 people happy against making 1 feel sad. So this type of event (low reward on leader board) is quite satisfactory nd more enjoyable than old time patterns.

Phillips
    @phillips

@datguygamer only 1st place is losing 300 tokens, everybody else is ahead (assuming they max out the daily tokens). It also encourages people to play. In past events I noticed that the people filling the bottom positions on the leaderboard judging by their scores went in played 1 run and left happy with the 100 tokens. Aside from the big scores you can get in runs (I nearly hit the 150 tokens in the first run) it now more advantageous to do multiple runs as 1 run finishing on the leaderboard collects only 10 tokens.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Happy New Year event now live

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.