Going to stop buying gem letter if I have to do KPP as a daily quest

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Going to stop buying gem letter if I have to do KPP as a daily quest

• I sent a message to Rovio but I bet they will respond by telling me to be sure I have a stable internet connection which seems to be the stock response to all questions. Here’s the thing: They make it so hard to complete the DC that I have to either play many many times to get to KPP, or pay for extra birds or I can’t collect the bonus feathers. That’s making me pay twice. I’ve had KPP as a challenge several times lately. I’ll just stop buying the gem letter altogether. That way I don’t get mad about the bonus feathers. Rovio is taking more and more of the fun out of the game. They raise the difficulty levels in such outrageous ways – Terence doesn’t squash pigs, Silver can’t smash a little piece of stone, Red and Mathilda don’t fire when tapped, pigs survive lying under heaps of stone and wood. Birds don’t follow the dots etc. I doubt anyone from there is bothering to read the forums so I hope more people will complain directly to them.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Yue
    @yue-zhang

Indeed, dc and kpp are harder recently.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Daily Quest is already like mafia protection racket, because of Gem Letter: “Pay us the daily dues…”. If one of DQ task remains fullfilled, you don’t get the feathers. Now with DC (and KPP) getting more difficult, it seems like Rovio it tightening up and tries to sqeeze even more from players. It’s slowly getting to a point where even addiction to AB2 is not going to be enough to keep playing.

Yeah… Chuck did not get anything today here, either.

Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

I wouldn’t mind if the DC and KPP were hard because Rovio was genuinely being creative where players had to think through a challenge, instead of being hard just because they rig everything so usual hits don’t work, you don’t get the bird you need, etc.  That’s no fun, and you don’t have any control in the game because Terrance is suddenly incredibly weak, Bomb instead of blowing up full structures like he usually does always leaves at least one tiny pig behind in a hard to reach area, etc.  It’s so rigged it’s like playing with the world’s biggest cheater, and who wants to do that?

Case in point, on today’s DC I’m going along really well, get to the third level and am still getting strikes and birdies.  Screen before Boss Pig, I wipe out everything I think but then suddenly, lo and behold, Rovio sends out a balloon pig up into the stratosphere where nobody but Chuck can reach.  Wanna guess where Chuck was in the deck and how long it took before I got him?  If you said dead last in the deck, then you know Rovio!  It was so obvious they forced me to waste my birds so I’d either have to pay or give up on the Boss Pig screen.  They’re really getting worse and worse with this stuff and I’m feeling sick of it.

LCK
    @limck

Yep, indeed the DCs are really darn difficult these days. Already twice for this week I had to pay 60 gems to complete the dc.

LCK
    @limck

@buzzeeee and @krena really had a point about the rigged game, which I had complained about in some of my forum posts.

LCK
    @limck

What made the dc even more difficult is the fact that the pigs in general are getting stronger and the blues are weaker after the most recent update. I wonder if any of you had spot that. This is just another scam by money guzzling rovio!

dcc1079
    @dcc1079

The posts in this thread cover pretty well most of the Rovio greed issues with the Daily Challenge.  And don’t get me started on the Arena, but its greed issues are covered well in other threads.

I just wanted to ask if you all are seeing what I’m seeing in the Daily Challenge: if you run out of birds and pay the initial 60 gems to get three more, and THOSE aren’t enough, then the next three are no longer 120, but 180 gems?  And the three after that are now 360 gems?

And is this “inflation” going on for the Arena also?

I emailed Rovio Support, saying I thought this must be a bug b/c the increased charge is ridiculous.  I have yet to hear back (it’s been a week), and I doubt I will, though I sent a follow-up today.

The next step is to SHAME this company on Twitter, in public.  Not every game company has to follow the lead of the Candy Crushes of the virtual world.  I would point to Hipster Whale with their Crossy Road and offshoots (both other games and other companies), where you can have fun, pay to have things progress a little faster, or don’t pay and still enjoy the game fully.  That is an ethical approach to being a game vendor.

I guess when a game that has staff positions entitled “Game Economy Manager” … that should be a warning to Rovio users.

Apprentice
    @apprentice

Hello!

Yesterday it took me 60+180 gems to get through DC and reach KPP :(

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

I’m glad this is widespread and wasn’t just me being a sour loser.

I couldn’t complete yesterday’s DC because it was near impossible, and I had foolishly spent 60 plus another 100-and-something to try and still didn’t work.

I actually (perhaps also foolishly, given that it won’t get anywhere) logged a support ticket to ask if this was a glitch and whether we would be compensated. I would suggest more people do the same or at least put their opinions forward on the forum on their FB page (I don’t use FB much at all so don’t know what conversations there might be going on there). But again, would that do any good?

I managed to pass today’s DC – but I had to spend 60 gems (I simply can’t be replaying all day long) – and now cannot pass stage 1 of KPP because of the ridiculously difficult structure with tractor-beam pig followed by shooting pig and the king sits in a place where you need to fling a bird into to move it…

INFRURIATING!

Krena
    @krena

This is what I sent Rovio today:

I’m going to write whenever you do this…yesterday KPP was a required quest, and the DC boss pig was unkillable. I made the mistake of paying to continue but the pig qualities were radically changed. I hit him with Terence – he didn’t move. Hit him with Silver – no damage and he didn’t move. Blew Bomb up while he was lying against the side of the pig and it didn’t move. No bird caused even a bandaid’s worth of damage. That’s not normal. I get it that the difficulty level changes with increasing skill – but when I fail a level 10, 20, 30 and more times something isn’t right. I got strikes and two birdies in the levels leading up to the boss room and then I get this altered boss pig that is immune to damage and doesn’t move. So no KPP for me and no feathers. Since I only get the gem letter to be able to collect bonus feathers thus feels profoundly unfair to me. When the game feels unfair, it is no longer fun to play. It says that skill means nothing and that you have decided that I will not be allowed to win by dint of practice and skill – you are holding my goals hostage unless I pay a LOT of gems. Who wants to play an excessively rigged game that is not fun?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Going to stop buying gem letter if I have to do KPP as a daily quest

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.