First impressions

Home Forums Angry Birds Evolution Forum First impressions

• The game is quite neat and I enjoy playing it so far. Here’s some of my first impressions:

-I’m not a big fan of the Movie’s graphical style, but it works well in this particular game. I only hope this won’t be the standard for future games or already-existing games. The Toons design is still the best.

– I like how the classic birds’ powers were implemented by creating different coloured bird groups; but I wonder why you’re not playing as the classic line-up. (Maybe I’m just not up-to-date because I never actually saw the movie; I don’t know if those particular birds played a big role in the movie.)

The game principle reminds me HEAVILY of a game I’ve played before: Puzzle & Dragons on the 3DS. The way how you can hatch eggs, evolve characters, and level up characters by merging them with other characters: It’s so damn similar to that game. The thing that’s different is P&D is a Match-3 game; TNT’s game principle is more exciting than that. Also, there are no super-effective moves and character types, like Fire > Grass > Water > Fire and Light <=> Dark in P&D.

So far I couldn’t find any obvious bugs and my game doesn’t lag either – but I’ll stay tuned and keep playing.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Replies
  • Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I don’t really like the movie designs, but they actually work more or less here. The graphics are really nice and I like how it’s got some strategy and is not just a match-3 game etc.
    It’s a bit annoying and weird that you’ve got to pay to change your username again though.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bad-piggies-2
    Changing your username? Is that an FB-only thing? ‘Cause my current name is Guest and then some numbers.

Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

No, I haven’t even signed in to Facebook yet. Just tap your username at the top-left corner and edit your profile :) You can change your name once for free.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bad-piggies-2
    Wow, thanks for the hint! Just changed my name to RedYoshi45 ;)
    Are you this Mesmerize that sent me a friend request, or is that possibly a free friend like McCool in ABEpic? If not, what’s your name in-game?

@Developers
    It’s AWESOME that you implemented a friends system that doesn’t require FB!!! About time!
    Now if you could do the same for AB2 and Epic… :)

Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

@smwforever45
    No, my name is Carrot-master. Mesmerize doesn’t show of for me, so I doubt it’s an automatic friend like Piggy McCool from Epic. I just wish you could search for friends as well…

TheAlarm
    @thealarm

So far so good, I like the gameplay, Rovio always seems to take it to the next level. I did lose the server a few times, because bad wifi on my end I think.
    Game moves very well. Love the new look of the birds in it

QueenElsa
    @rocketfury

Hey my dudes,
    there’s something going on with the forum topics (won’t let me post ’em gg)

so as silly as it might seem, can you hold of commenting on this forum until the sticky topics (bugs, general, help) are sorted out?

Thanks!

QueenElsa
    @rocketfury

I livee!!!

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

So this game is pretty much an AB version of Rovio’s Deminions Unleashed (now known as Pet Monsters).

Saad36
    @saadmohd040

Guys I am big fan of that movie and I love the design and it was so cool

Squirrel61
    @squirrel61

My first impression of the game is that it feels like a combination of AB Fight and AB2, but better. The graphics look good, however the flat 2D graphics of the original AB games definitely work better on older devices (I’ve got an iPhone 6S, so no performance issues for now). Loading is quick, however on older devices I think you need a lot of patience.

For the time I’ve been playing the game, I haven’t noticed a steep increase of difficulty, as is the case with Fight and AB2, where you can win one level with ease while the next one costs you all your lives. This makes this game nicer and friendlier to play.

ninjafrog658
    @ninjafrog658

I honestly think that if many kids will be playing this, I don’t think that the parents will react well to Mia saying “help me kick some pig ass! Also, can you use Google or Twitter to make game account because I don’t have Facebook.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@ninjafrog658
    That’s really not necessary, non-Facebook users also have all the functionality you need ,)

Oh and the “booby traps” will probably disturb parents more than the “pig ass”.

Saad36
    @saadmohd040

Guys that things that are disturbing their parents I think in the future updates Rovio will remove them and second thing The game is really good on iPhone 5 and the performance is so awesome and wait why in this game all the angry birds Have been changed Wy red chuck and bomb are not here in this game?

RizDub
    @rizdub

I’m only at level 6 right now, but here are my thoughts to date.

I find the core gameplay simple and I got used to it quickly (it feels kind of like Angry Birds Action to me). I like how the original characters’ abilities are now specific to the colors of the birds. It only took a little bit for me to get used to the egg-hatching and the bird XP-level mechanics.

I will admit, it did throw me off at first that none of the classic AB characters were in the game; the only recognizable birds are Shirley (the grandma bird from the movie) and Mighty Eagle. I do think Mia looks kind of like Silver, but other than that… none of the usual birds are in the game, at all? Somehow, to me, that makes it feel a little less like an Angry Birds game.
    Another thing that confuses me somewhat is that I keep mistakenly thinking that the numbers above the pigs (showing how many moves are left before their special ability is activated) is linked to an XP level of some kind.
    I’m still not used to the different buildings in the village (or whatever it’s called) and what they do, mainly because their designs are kind of complicated and their names aren’t always visible. Maybe I’ll get used to it later on, but I’m not completely sure right now.

Overall, this game is interesting so far. Feels different from the other Angry Birds games, but it’s still pretty fun.

epicbird
    @filipersr

Could anyone share how is the game ? A video, pictures. Anything ? I’m excited for more details about mechanic of this game.

epicbird
    @filipersr

Could you share a First Impressions about TNT ?

Birdie
    @birdybird

I can’t even get in. My “code” is invalid when I try to redeem it.

mh
    @mh

Same here.

mh
    @mh

I’m out. Not any fun for me. Too much nonsense b4 you play. The play is just a couple back and forth. Same thing over and over. Silly. No win like in AB. No satisfaction. I hit the pig, the pig hits me, I hit the pig, the pig hits me. Next level. I hit the pig, the pig hits me, I hit the pig, the pig hits me. Tired of it yet. I am after 4 levels. Deleted.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

The gameplay is similar to Angry Birds Action, but it has ability to level and evolve your birds like the game “puzzle and dragons” and other like that.

There are so many different ways your team could go in matter of strength or defense.

It has achievements, quests, arena battle, and even a bit of RPG as well.

Be sure to earn your gold coins and spend it wisely so you can level up your birds real well. The harder the stages get, you’ll need more money to level/evolve the birds to be able to proceed.

bahnjee
    @bahnjee

I’m not a big fan of all the necessary upgrading and hatching and buying and friending and clanning and on and on…

I prefer the “classic” AB games….grab a bird and fling it at towers and stuff. Games that take this much work aren’t ‘games’ in my never-to-be-humble opinion. I’m looking to kill a few minutes here and there, not spend all my spare energy/time figuring out how to best upgrade crap.

I’ll keep playing for a bit to see if maybe it grows on me, but so far…..meh.

Things I DO like:
    The music, it’s cute
    The graphics, gameplay is smooth, transitions are aesthetically pleasing
    The birds, they’re intricate and interesting
    The variety, many birds, many skills

Nsu
    @nsar

I finally had some time to play, got to level 8. I agree with @bahnjee said about a lot of things, and admittedly there is a lot going on that I havent had time to grasp, but so far I am enjoying the game overall.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Ok, I’ll admit I’ve never played a game like this before, and I haven’t a clue about how things are supposed to work.
    Do we get free gems or coins or whatever because we’re beta testers? If so how?
    I could really use a detailed video about how to play the game. Hint, hint @Birdleader, @MightyRed1
    I’m at the point where I’m losing most games unless I watch an ad, and I have no idea what to do to get better at the game.

Home Forums Angry Birds Evolution Forum First impressions

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.