Fantastic Hat Adventure

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Fantastic Hat Adventure

• I’m guessing many people have either given up with the Hat adventures, or are the ones who claim to breeze by all in one fell swoop. I’m in the middle frustrated but not ready to give up on it yet. I’m currently stuck at level 8 in this fun fun adventure. can’t seem to strike or even birdie to move on and have enough birds to get me through to the last room. anyone else finding this last level too much of a challenge?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • Meme324
    @meme324-2

Your not alone, me too. I do hate to bring this up  because of your comment but playing the first 5 levels, I got through level 1-4 on the first try and the first 5 levels second attempt,but I did have 5 birds to play, so over all I thought this challenge started off easier than most. Level 6, stuck, only finally got through it with luck and a spell card. Level 7 I didn’t struggling like I did with 6 and definitely didn’t try 40 times as I have with 8, I think it took 4 or 5 try’s. With level 8 though it’s a different story. Even when I get lucky, I have 6 birds now all but Terrance, and I’m able to get through first room using 3 birds, 2 for second, I can’t make it past 4th room without having a bird left. Currently there is a video posted showing someone paying every room and in level 8 they have Terrance and the Eagle spell card. I don’t see how you get through it without them? But I could just be me venting after all it’s definitely making me crazy now and I tell myself that’s it, no more, what’s the point, that was my last try because I’ll just fail again, but alas it’s AB2 and I’m a big sucker.

Chicken’little
    @ritaashton

Hi i saw that video too. how does that person get a ME card so quickly? what I meant about the comments is there are some folks who enjoy bragging about how easy it was. Maybe they hope to make others feel even more crummy about being lousy players! who knows. so sorry that was not intended towards anyone who gets lucky/ plays well/ or just is really good at it.

I finally got thru level 8 no strikes but i did get Blizzard as my only spell. i struggled thru the 6th room when i ran out of birds. tired of the game, i ponied up the 60 gems and actually ended up with some birds at the end. go figure. Rovio wins again!

Corvus Rex
    @mbittenbender

Getting the hats is always a problem for me.  The Submarine adventure was the only one I could purchase the hats during the adventure and I’ve only finished 3 of them in 6 months of playing.

For the first time 2 days back in the rare chest reward I saw an adventure hat offered that wasn’t thru the TOF and they haven’t been available since Summer for purchase with gems.

This Fantasy hat adventure hat me stumped with just Red and Blues on the first one.  When I landed chuck I made it to lvl 5 where I’m stuck.  again I believe until I can get another hat.

Anyone know if there are other options than the random rare chest or the stingy TOF to get these hats?

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

This was was tricky indeed. I made a vid early on after only reaching level 4 but after a few more days managed to get to and then pass level 8 – but not without having got 4 hat from the ToF AND spending 60 gems right at the end of level 8 after a good run, and I couldn’t take trying it over and over again.

What irks me is that the ToF doesn’t guarantee you the event hat when you hit the required floor. Getting that far isn’t easy and picking the wrong card is hugely frustrating.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

I don’t see a point of wasting my time with unenjoyable “hat events” more than just one try at some point, not really even bother trying. I would rather like that Rovio would start fixing bug, instead of making up crappy events.

I have a feeling they will increase amount of hats contunuously for now on, to keep whales hooked.

Chicken’little
    @ritaashton

I make one attempt to pick up all the hats i can in a single try. after that i don’t bother again. except in this case where i kept missing Blues (floor 10). Never got Silver floor 50 i think. wasn’t worth the gems and didn’t need her. Like others have commented the first few levels were pretty easy. Took a few attempts to get thru 7 i think. But 8 was a beast. I watched the video (he had Silver) and could not come close to duplicating that and never did get a ME spell! finally had some fairly good luck, made it to the 6th room and figured i might not make it here again. so gemmed up and was able to finish the adventure. yeah it’s losing it’s fun when it costs so much or you fail so much. perhaps Rovio should rethink what they think we think is fun!

Meme324
    @meme324-2

Good for you, usually when I come and complain I go back and make it through the level, or I play only half a$% not trying my best then before I know it I won, unfortunately I haven’t experienced either of these this time. I did get an ice card a few times though, since I’m still complaining apparently it’s not helping yet. Maybe it’s just me but the building seem to go down a little easier so who knows maybe today will be my lucky day?

Corvus Rex- sorry the TOF is the only place you can win “adventure” hats until demoralizing challenge, I mean “adventure” is over. We also we will find out if it’s a small or large fortune BP we must fork over so we can be theses hats proud owners.

Buster
    @doulgas

Also stuck on 8, with 4 hats. I got ME twice, no idea how, but it didn’t help all that much when it takes 3-4 birds to get through the first room. I can’t seem to solve the middle group of protected pigs AND the cluster on the right with one bomb.

YouTube video I saw the guy had all the hats and FP in the middle triple digits, so not too impressed with that one.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I don’t even bother making an effort to collect the hats since the Tower of Misfortune almost always gives me a pig before the 5th Floor, and if it doesn’t, usually 2 in a row before the 10th.

About once a month or so I’ll make a run and not hit a single pig until past floor 15 or even 20. I’ll also have earned enough gems to cover at least 2-3 pigs.

I finally got two of the hats and managed to finish rounds 1 and 2, but only because I got ME on both, along with some other spells. Not even going to try any other rounds because I don’t have the patience to keep playing and hoping for dumb luck.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

I have only 3 hats for this one, got through L7 but not even close on L8. Still have a go every now and again but 6 rooms with 3 birds doesn’t stack up when it’s THOSE sorts of rooms :)!

Buster
    @doulgas

The video option has disappeared from TOF the last 2 days, so no chance of getting any more hats.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Oddly enough, I got the video option today in the Tower of Misfortune, but no longer have it in the DC/KPP.

Now, it didn’t help as I got a pig on floor 2.

Meme324
    @meme324-2

Yeah! finally got through level 8, but it wasn’t pretty, and it did cost me 60 gems, but now I will no longer be tempted to repeatly try only to be informed once again I’m a big fat failure because I’m stuck at what seems like an impossible level. The only reason I finally caved and yes broke a vow to myself since I ended up “buying” my way to the finish line, was only because of todays offer of double BP, at least that’s what I keep telling myself anyway.  I have won 1500 even 3000 BP during past double offers events there for, 60 gems seemed like a no brainer win-win investment right, wrong. I opened the chest anticipating my big pay off after weeks of wasting my time and all the frustration endured while playing this “adventure”, only to find in the end  it just wasn’t meant to be. You can only image my utter suprise and disappointed when I finally opened my prized chest, to find inside not even one little measly pearl. Instead every single card offered a few little feathers and they weren’t  even the rainbow one so I could choose which bird worked the hardest during the event. Bottom line, I must ask myself,  is the constant repeated disappointment felt while participating in these so called adventures or challenges, including the cost of the hats in the TOF, really worth playing in the end? No doubt when the next one comes around and I have forgotten all the unfairness, disappointment, failure, and underwhelming  lack luster ending, I will no doubt once again eagerly participate  as I always seem to do. Apparently I can’t help myself, I give this game too much time and energy because like a lot of us, I am a big sucker for this game.

Meme324
    @meme324-2

Just one more thing since I seem to be in a real venting mood, I’ve been playing this game almost every single day, I did miss just one one,  for more than 6 months and I never ever had a video option in the tower of doom, I mean fortune, what’s up with that?

Meme324
    @meme324-2

Raw data totally is right, blub, blub, blub, (sorry I understand that’s is more of a fish sound than a whale which I can’t speak) the reason I keep playing is because I’m a whale. (Sprayyyyyy,sprayyyyy,sprayyyyy-my sad attempt at a whale’s blowhole sound)

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@doulgas & @aggieguy, these “experiments” of Rovio are so nice… right? :(

@meme324-2
    , it would be nice to have extra money to sink into games and so, but I can’t afford much extra spending, because being very tight budget. In my household I can’t even blame anyone else if I spend too much.

Meme324
    @meme324-2

Oh how I wish I had your disipline, and I too have no one else to blame but myself these days. Honestly I am way to old to be playing this kind of game, aren;t they fit teenagers, if not then surely they must a law that only people under 40 or 50 should be playing them right. Since I play daily I’ll admit I have never been one to follow the rules and I’m definitely old enough to know better. It shouldn’t be so easy for Rovio to spot suckers like me though I am better and don’t spend much anymore and try to stay away from the tower of doom, a bit of a weakness of mine. That tower has an insatiable appetite and I could buy 2 weeks of groceries for what I spent once to get to the top. The winnings don’t get good until you get up there. That’s why I only play once when they have hat events and now all you get are apples until the 25th floor not spells anyway, just not worth it but as usual I learn things the hard way.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@meme324-2, only people under 40 or 50? In that case, I would not be able to play any more. Yes, I’m grumpy old dude. ;)

That phase of “experiment” did not last long. Video option returned to Tower of Misfortune for my FTP account. However, it’s still not back in DC… and I don’t know about it in KPP. as Daily one try did not get me through DC and I’m not eager to pave may way by paying.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Fantastic Hat Adventure

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.