Facebook interface not working

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Facebook interface not working

• Has anyone else had trouble connecting to Facebook while playing?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

Yes… My game crashes constantly & is unplayable at this time. It only started 2 or 3 days after the last update. It crashes just after Game Center “Welcome Back…” during the time it is connecting with FaceBook to load my friends as buddies & the leaderboard.

For now, the only workaround is to play with WiFi turned off on my device.

GA Birdman
    @gabirdman

Not sure what game center is, but my problem doesn’t involve crashing. The game will not connect to Facebook. The connect button comes up when the dialog box comes up to select a buddy, but nothing happens when I click on it.

nikki567
    @nikki567

@DawniJeann, count yourself lucky that you can play sans wifi! …My game loads with Arcee in completed Upgrade mode, then eventually I get to the map, and then …no interaction available. Wifi or no wifi, the game for me is unplayable. Supposedly Rovio is working on it, but no resolution yet. The wifi aspect doesn’t seem to be an answer in my case.

Dbirdy
    @dawnlucas

@dawni-criswell same thing is happening to me. How do you shut off WiFi on tablet? And you don’t lose your progress?
    I can’t play my game at all?
    Please HELP

GA Birdman
    @gabirdman

I am not talking about WiFi. I can connect to WiFi just fine. I am talking about connecting to Facebook. When I get to the screen for selecting a teammate, the connect button appears but won’t do anything. What I would like to know is if anyone else is having the SAME problem I am having.

I finally fixed it. I uninstalled ABT and reinstalled it. Thanks to the backup feature with Facebook, I did not lose my progress. BTW, I use a Kindle Fire.

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

@dawnlucas, I just turn my WiFi off in “settings” (iOS), then the game loads fine. After playing for a while or waiting for EggBots to do their thing, I minimize the app, go back to “settings” and turn WiFi back on (so it syncs with Game Center while app is minimized). When an hour or 2 has passed, I turn WiFi back off, then open the minimized app & continue playing.

I did check with a few FB friends & my popped pigs total is current on their Leaderboards & correct, so it is indeed saving my progress.

Dbirdy
    @dawnlucas

Is this after a reinstall? When I turn off WiFi now with game loaded already I get a error message. Download failed please check your Internet connection and try again. When I uninstall and reinstall the game starts all over until I rescue Lockdown then the message comes up you can play with a buddy. Should I not connect with fb and just continue playing? Will numbers come back from original game then

Rovibot
    @rovibot

@DawniJeann, I have experienced the same. With WiFi/Cellular on, the game will eventually crash.

It appears to be WiFi related. If I am playing with WiFi/Cell on, and I get a text or an email, the game crashes.

It is like the game is so memory hungry, anything that comes and grabs some RAM, the game throws a fit, and then dies a quick death.

With WiFi/Cell off, I can play the game all day … and its fun! The only drawback to that is that now that materials have additional value for upgrading and the side kick bots, if I do a level where a score a large amount of pigs, I cannot run the video to double them.

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

@dawnlucas, My game won’t fully load with Wifi on, so I

1. Load the app with WiFi off
    2. Minimize app
    3. Open “settings” and turn WiFi on for a few seconds/minutes
    4. Turn WiFi back off
    5. Maximize ABT app (you should see a “welcome back” message from Game Center)

That brief period with the app minimized while WiFi is ON should be saving your game data to either FB, Game Center, Cloud??? (make note of your “Popped Pigs” total on Leaderboard. Have a FB friend confirm that number with you – You won’t see your Popped Pigs total on Leaderboard until you have gone through steps 1 – 5 above)

A couple times this sync’d enough data from FB that I was able to get some of the gems & coin thank you gifts from friends.

If the app times out & ends up reloading instead of maximizing, then repeat steps 1 through 5 again.

When you decide to take a break from the game for EggBots to work nodes, wait for missions to complete or whatever, minimize app, turn WiFi on. Just before you are ready to play again… Turn WiFi back off, then maximize ABT app & continue play.

Dbirdy
    @dawnlucas

@dawni-criswell I did follow your instructions(thank you by the way) I’m able to play the game in SSSSSSSLOW motion. I can’t upgrade any bots !!!!!Dark Megatron is stuck in upgrade loop!!!!! I can play nodes, claim gems and other items maybe I should just harvest for now and hope for a fix. (sad face)

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

Oh no. It sounds like you have 2 bugs at same time. (WiFi Continual Crashing & also the Upgrade Finished loop) Be sure to submit a ticket to Rovio & hopefully they can look into it for you ;-)

https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be sure you have your “Privacy Settings” to allow the sharing of app data & usage:

Settings>>> Privacy>>> Diagnostics & Usage>>>

Then turn ON “Automatically Send” & also “Share with App Developers” – Hopefully this allows them to see some user crash reports so they can figure out what line of code of causing these issues.

IMG_1974[1].PNG

RizDub
    @rizdub

@gabirdman What “backup feature with Facebook” did you use to fix your issue and retain your game progress? I’ve been having the exact same problem you had, and it started right when I switched from using my personal FB to my RizDub FB account with the game. I use an iPad.

Svetkata
    @photiosbg

Hello guys. I’m asking for help. I play angry birds evolution on Androide. My game is mod high damage. When I updated it, I can no longer enter my FB account. Does anyone know how to continue playing my old game and regain my progress

thanks

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Facebook interface not working

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.