Extra Bird at the end and opponents score changing at the who won scree

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Extra Bird at the end and opponents score changing at the who won scree

• Nine times out of ten the extra bird I get at the end of the game is useless to the structure I’ve got to hit. Also my score is higher than my opponents when I watch the video but still I lose because their score changes at the victory screen. This happens far too often

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

It’s fascinating isn’t it when your opponent is greyed out and stopped drawing cards only to find out when the victory screen pops up that you got beat by 600,000 points. This just happened to me for the 4th time. The game before this one I had a steady lead 5.6 million to 4 million and my opponent was greyed out but then all of a sudden he pulls out 4 bombs, an ME and a blizzard to destroy me by 600,000 points. I wish I knew the secret to using a blizzard by itself to score a half million. Just another night at The Comedy Store(arena).

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

More than once I’ve had an opponent greyed out as I play my final 2 or 3 screens then once I throw my last bird, suddenly cards start flying out of nowhere just as you described above and I get annihilated by an indescribable amount of points.

As if one more bird will net me another 600,000 – 1,000,000 for the win, especially if there’s only one more pig and a few rocks left in the screen.

Just click out of the video and don’t bother watching it- Rovio gets a kickback whenever you watch a paid ad so don’t waste your time or bandwidth giving them what they want while they take from you. 9 times out of 10 that last bird isn’t going to get you a win, and 8 times out of 10 it’s going to be a useless Blues or a Blizzard that does nothing.

cognitive
    @cognitive

My experience has been more balanced so far (Emerald league, nearly all my birds are 4’s). If I lose, I lose because I made 2 mistakes (i.e. foul bird :)). 1 mistake, unless I’m playing those multi-carders at end of game, I can usually win.

I have won many a game with the watch-ad-free-bird at the end, but I end up being VERY close to my opponent. Not more than 100-200k points. Also, it pays to have a new level to use the free bird, i.e. clean out your last level otherwise you waste the extra bird on a micro-pig and nothing else.

peter-barlow
    @peter-barlow

It was much better and way less frustrating before they brought in the extra card crap at the end. If you lost you lost and that was it. Now ,far too often, you can be heading for an easy win and your opponent gets three extra cards for no apparent reason.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Yea, towards the end of the tournament this seems to be happening a lot. The big problem is that you don’t really know what your “opponent” is doing. I would think the game could play turns, one level at a time, and show you what the “opponent” is doing. This would prolong the game a bit (maybe the opponent 2x speed) but it would remove a lot of doubt as to what’s going on when the majick opponent cashes in and pulls 4-5 extra birds (and useful birds at that) out of thin air…

Delano Jennings
    @delano-jennings

@nkaned this is the reason I found this forum. I’ve had it happen to me more than I can count. You should only get the extra bird if you are not in the lead, but I’ve had it give me the bird as well when leading.

@dwhite40704
    I see that happen to me when I use the fast forward feature. I hit ff and then watch as their meter fills & fills, going through bird after bird. They then go from a 100k deficit to 500k ahead of me!

Also what is a “blizzard”??

cognitive
    @cognitive

The blizzard makes every structure to be out of blue blocks (ice). Easy to kill with Blues but useless in general.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Well Terrance and Bomb can also annihilate buildings made of glass, oh I mean ice.

Just a few minutes ago I used up my only Arena entry playing an opponent who got to pull out the extra 3 cards at the end of the round to increase his score when he was ALREADY WINNING.

cognitive
    @cognitive

There’s some strange pairings going on, and even stranger outcomes. Today I played a few arena rounds, losing resoundingly to people whose score was well below mine (I’m at 31 and lost to people with 17, 25, 19, and 26) and often by half a mil points thanks to the last minute three card Monte miracle.

I played a few games against people (ok, recordings) higher than me (32, 33, 37) and won because they did NOT pull three card Monte miracles.

The Arena could be improved considerably if they show what the (recorded) opponent is doing in a window one turn at a time rather than wait for the miracle at the end.

Delano Jennings
    @delano-jennings

@cognitive lol duh! For some reason I was thinking too hard. But I always called it the ice flake.

But the new arena, after the update from hell, is even worse! U have to buy arena tickets to replay now. Where before u could replay as much as u wanted for 12 gems each time. But now it’s 3 arena tickets for 80 gems. That’s just under 27 gems per replay, over twice what it used to cost. This update just seems like new way for them to milk more money from us. Not a fan of the new levels either. Beat first “tutorial” level fine but used rest of lives on 502.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

That’s an “update from hell” indeed…
    You could buy a play station incl. games for the money if you want to play angry birds 2 successfully a year long..

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Extra Bird at the end and opponents score changing at the who won scree

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.