Energon Soundwave

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Energon Soundwave

• Since the update, Energon Soundwave (level 8) has become pretty much useless. His slow to reload weapon, coupled with the increased damage he takes means I will have to nuke his level 9 times out of 10 when he shows up. Has anyone else noticed this, or are there other characters who have become practically unplayable?

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Replies
  • Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Same here, Firstly I revived him twice at Level 7 and then upgraded him to Level 8 still took 6 tries to complete a mission. Didnt want to waste 3 gems to skywarp him as in every level he was able to collect 1000 coins and revival took 600 coins.

loynis
    @loynis

Got him to a lvl 10 recently. This guy sucks big. Compared to my lvl 10 plain soundwave, who can annihilate entire clusters in one shot, and is one of the best moneymakers. And energon variant can’t even break stone blocks.

Huge disapointment. The only good thing about him is that he’s better at fighting flying pigs.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@loynis “Compared to my lvl 10 plain soundwave, who can annihilate entire clusters in one shot, and is one of the best moneymakers.”

Did they increase the weapon power on “regular” Soundwave in the update? I haven’t played him much since I updated, but I remember that pre-update I couldn’t even one-shot energon buildings using him (it would usually take at least 3-4 hits, sometimes more, so I eventually gave up trying), and I had him up to L8!

Anonymous

The only character I’m having problems with is Energon Lockdown. I start a level and about 5 seconds later hes dead. I only get about 30 coins. Problem is hes level 8 and has his armor bar at MAX. I can’t even get him more armor!

loynis
    @loynis

Hmm, it might be. He was the first one I upgraded to lvl 10. I remember that it struck me how powerful he became in that single upgrade. IIRC, he also couldn’t handle energon buildings before.

I don’t remember exactly, but it was possible I had him upgraded after the update arrived.

Maybe Rovio just messed up and accidentially switched plain and energon weapons for him. And it is energon dude who is supposed to annihilate block in a blink of an eye.

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

Regular Saoundwave has had a more powerful weapon than all the variants including Energon Soundwave since before the upgrade. There is a thrad here somewhere on some original characters being more powerful than their variants where this has been mentioned.

Before the upgrade my Soundwave was at 8 and my Energon Soundwave at 9, and the former was already doing way more damage and earning higher scores.

The same is true for Bludgeon. Somebody posted that Rovio has powered Bludgeon down a notch in the upgrade but I don’t notice this. I still find him more powerful than Megatron (yet to unlock the two latest ones).

I don’t find Energon Soundwave useless. Mine gets through events without collapsing and scores reasonably well.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

^ Bludgeon is still my favorite TF, pre- and post- update.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

BEFORE:
    Bludgeon shooted a bullet-like projectiles that were able to strike even missiles from distance.
    Sondwave was shooting small soundwaves that weren’t really good. (at least for me)
    Energon Sondwave was shooting much bigger soundwaves with bigger firepower.
    NOW:
    Bludgeon shoots no longer bullets and now he shoots projectiles like most of the other TF’s.
    Soundwave has now bigger splash radius and buffed damage.
    Energon Soundwave got halved damage with ability to shoot two soundwaves in one strike but with the cost of longer reloading.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

You sure about Bludgeon? When I play him, his weapon is always energy-based, not bullets/projectiles.

Re: Energon Soundwave, you guys are right – I just played him on hard mode, and he got his arse handed to him, lol. Although that may also be due to the invisible shotgun pigs bug (there was a helluva lot of thumping going on ………)

Red7827
    @gulgor0

@optimuspig
    I said Bludgeon was shooting bullet-like projectiles before the update. Just check the old walkthroughs to see his power.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I dunno, looks like bursts of plasma to me. *shrug*

This video is dated October 18, 2014.

Anonymous

@optimuspig Actually @gulgor0 is right. It was like bullets before. @gulgor0 Wasn’t Bludgeons power something like a shotgun? @optimuspig Check out @birdleader’s video about unlocking Bludgeon. I think he has it there.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Would that have been in the beta? I don’t think I’ve ever noticed Bludgeon’s weapon behaving like what you guys are describing.

Would you agree that what is appearing in the video I posted looks neither like bullets nor “projectiles”?

Looks more like directed bursts of energy.

Anonymous

@optimuspig Yes its in the Beta version. I agree that video shows Bludgeons current power.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

You’re right, weapon effect looks completely different in the beta.

Anonymous

The good thing is I finally figured out how to post a link :P

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Energon Soundwave

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.