End of game AB Space & SWII

Home Forums General Discussions Forum End of game AB Space & SWII

• I have a plan for AB Space and SWII now that I have reached the end of the games.

Star Wars II:

I continue to collect characters even though I have three-starred every level. I would not be surprised if there was another update, sometime, and I want to have a large number of valuable characters in my arsenal.

4. Rise of the Clones has room for two more “side” levels, S3 and S4.

5. Revenge of the Pork goes only to level 16, with no “side” levels. Lots of room for expansion there.

Rebels similarly has much room for expansion with only 12 levels and no “side” levels.

Finally, I was able to hoard characters until the Master Your Destiny game came out where I was FORCED to spend my precious characters. I did not have the fun of trying to increase my score. Once I got 3 stars, I moved on. At some point in the future, I could become convinced that SWII is finished. I will have a good bunch of characters and will go back through MYD and have fun repeating interesting levels and getting higher scores.

Space:

When ABSpace came out, we were introduced to the concept of a pay-to-play Mighty (Space) Eagle. No longer could you buy ME access and have unlimited play. Now each Mighty Space Eagle costs 10 cents. Rovio has a financial incentive to make feathers more difficult because the obsessive feather-collector has to spend more money to get more eagles. I am OK with challenging levels, but not OK with spending $10 of actual money just to get its feather.

For a period of time, you could get a MSE by just launching the game every day. After I completed an ABSpace level, I would launch the game daily just to collect my FREE MSE. That changed to the slot machine type lottery where the MSE appeared about once in 10 tries. At that point, I abandoned the MSE. It was too much work.

Now, we have this new massive update in AB Space with Mirror Worlds and Rewards that include MSEs. I love it and have been opening Reward games as soon as practically possible. (Yes, I have a life, too. I also need my sleep.) I did not buy the option of opening all Brass Hogs levels at once, but just let the Rewards build up.

I have now completed the final Brass Hogs levels. The Rewards keep on coming, though.

At first, when Mirror Worlds was released, I spend some time trying to methodically solve each level. I started with Mirror Pig Bang. I now know that is a poor strategy.

Mirror Worlds has turned my usual game play upside down. (Not surprising! It’s a Mirror!)

Now, I open a Rewards level, and do exactly what it asks. If asked to complete a level, I play to 1-star or 2-star, then stop. If asked to 3-star a level, I play to 3-star it, then stop. In other words, I want to be rewarded with MSEs for what I would do anyway.

I have been really frustrated when asked to beat my current score on one of the pre-Mirror levels. My prior habit of playing levels again and again just to see how high I can get has bit me in the butt.

Now, in Mirror World, I DO NOT try to maximize my score, since I know that once I have run through all Mirror World levels in the Reward system, they will just ask me to beat my current score. Better to start with a mediocre 3-star score than trying to beat some miracle score where everything bounced exactly right.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Replies
  • Wolfwoman
    @wolfwoman

I only have the Endor Luke reward level to open now and I have enough coins to open it but I am wondering if I should save them now in light of your prediction :-).

Wolfwoman
    @wolfwoman

I’ve three starred the first 14 reward levels for doing the missions in mirror worlds and I’ve just completed today’s 3 missions and it didn’t open a new reward level for me :-O. Has anyone else had this happen?

DaBoid
    @daboid

@wolfwoman

I’ve three starred the first 14 reward levels for doing the missions in mirror worlds and I’ve just completed today’s 3 missions and it didn’t open a new reward level for me :-O. Has anyone else had this happen?

It all has to do with points. When you get a reward, look for the points in a small circle. You won’t get a reward until you reach the next threshold of points.

For example, if you see 95/100 that means you have 95 points and the next level is 100. If your reward is 2 points, you will increment to 97/100. No reward.

Wolfwoman
    @wolfwoman

I wrote my previous post yesterday but for some reason it didn’t send until today! I’ve just completed 3 more missions and yet again a new level didn’t open! If this happens again I won’t be bothering with Space again! And still no signs of an Endor Luke!

Wolfwoman
    @wolfwoman

Thanks for that @DaBoid. I suppose that’s also why sometimes 2 or 3 levels are opened instead of just one. I haven’t seen that number and I can’t see any way to get back to improve :-(. It looks like a one shot deal so I doubt I’ll bother with this for much longer, the missions are difficult enough without this extra level of complexity :-(. I’ve just 3 starred what they wanted me to 3 star and I 3 starred what I only needed to pass, so too mean not to open a new level :-(.

Wolfwoman
    @wolfwoman

Having had a good look before starting, I can see what is going on now :-). The number of points required to open each level increases as we go along. I must have only been given 1 point missions those other 2 days as it only seems to be 10 points at present. It’s going to get pretty tedious having to get 60 more points in order to open the last level!

DaBoid
    @daboid

@wolfwoman

Exactly.

The number of points increases as you go. It’s all about the points. Some actually decline low-point missions in order to get more points faster.

The best strategy is to be patient. I finished Brass Hogs long ago, and am still collecting daily missions and points. I am up to 750 points now. As I collect points, I gain Mighty Space Eagles.

My goal is to get enough Mighty Space Eagles to “feather” non-mirror levels without having to buy Mighty Space Eagles for real money.

If you enjoy the game and want to progress, then stick with it. If you find it to be an exercise in frustration, then abandon it and go on to something else. I spend a lot of time on airplanes, so I enjoy having a cute little game to pass the time when I don’t have wifi.

Wolfwoman
    @wolfwoman

I spent ages trying to find out what the feathers were all about, then I discovered that you had to buy something so that’s not for me :-/. I have noticed that I seem to keep getting some space eagles so I might do the same and get some feathers too :-).

I do enjoy the game and want to progress but I also find it an exercise in frustration :-O, I must be a masochist or something, lol ;-). I’ve never played video games before, I only started playing angry birds because it came with my old tablet and I was exploring what that did. I play original, rio, seasons, space and both star wars and that’s the extent of my video gaming, so there’s a lot of this stuff that whooshes way over my head, lol ;-). I’ve got 3 stars on everything apart from Endor Luke and most Mirror Worlds, so I don’t think I’m doing too bad for a complete numpty, lol ;-).

DaBoid
    @daboid

@wolfwoman

I’m with you. Angry Birds games are the only games I play. They are cute, non-bloody and well designed. Usually.

In the original game, Seasons and Rio, you could buy a Mighty Eagle once for 99 cents. Once purchased, you had infinite Mighty Eagles that added a “game within a game” to the play. The Mightly Eagle swoops down and destroys everything it its path. The goal is to “feather” the level, achieved with 100% destruction. You can get 100% even with some objects left undestroyed.

With AB Space, they introduced the Mighty Space Eagle. You get a certain number during normal gameplay, but more MSEs are available for purchase for about 10 cents each. I refuse to pay 10 cents each for MSEs. Thus, I “feathered” as many levels I could, then essentially abandoned the Mighty Space Eagle. (Similarly, the Star Wars I game had the Millennium Falcon which worked the same way, for a price. I played with as many free MFs as I could, then abanonded it.)

When they came out with Mirror World, suddenly there was a new means of earning MSEs through normal game play. By completing the assigned missions, I was able to open Brass Hogs levels AND earn more MSEs. I am now well past the point of Brass Hogs levels. I am completing the daily missions with two goals:

1. Accumulate as many Might Space Eagles without paying any real money
    2. Three-star the Mirror World levels

It’s slow, but sure. I have about half the Mirror World levels completed, and over two hundred MSEs. My plan is to go back to “feathering” Space Normal World levels once I have completed Mirror World. By that time I should have 400+ MSEs.

My suggestion to you is to look at the walkthroughs for the Mighty Space Eagle and get an idea of how it works. Be patient.

The game is obviously designed for the impatient player who is willing to pay real money to open levels and buy MSEs and Millennium Falcons.

Wolfwoman
    @wolfwoman

I refuse to spend real money too, although I did buy a cuddly Chewie :-). So cute, he sits at the side of my computer and I stroke him when feeling stressed :-). I figure I’ve paid my dues, lol ;-). I’m not even that keen on spending the SW2 bird coins on the Endor Luke I need! What if more levels come and I need them for something else :-/. My plan is to carry on melting until I’ve finished the mirror worlds and if there haven’t been any updates on the other games then I’ll spend my bird coins then.

It is annoying that I can’t just play Space as I please and am restricted by their time frame, but at least I’m not up all night and I might be able to get one of those what-you-call-its, oh yes, a life, lol ;-).

DaBoid
    @daboid

@wolfwoman

Guess what. I got five Endor Lukes today in the Carbonite Melt. I thought of you and wished you luck.

Wolfwoman
    @wolfwoman

I haven’t had that good luck yet but I’m sitting here watching the timer count down to my next melt in less than 10 minutes, so fingers crossed :-). I’ve also noticed that in that same length of time I haven’t been given any Princess Leia, Yoda or Biker Scout either :-O. I know we had the ‘pleasure’ of Yoda during normal game play and I have completed all these reward levels but now I want some in reserve too ;-). I have had them all in the past but I’m not sure if it was through the melt or if they came whizzing out of a box, I know I didn’t buy them, lol ;-). 4m 37s now :-).

Wolfwoman
    @wolfwoman

Got that one with the orange and purple hair :-(, got loads of them already :-/. Gonna be approaching midnight here for the next melt but I think I’ll get 2 adverts to watch as well :-). I need 10 more points to open the next Space level, so I don’t think I’ll be doing much flinging today :-/.

Happy Easter, if you celebrate it :-). If not happy chocolate/DIY weekend ;-).

Wolfwoman
    @wolfwoman

One of my missions was to distroy 20 crystal planets, easy but boring! I had to 3 star a level, which I did on the second attempt, and pass a level, which I also did on the second attempt! I need 2 more points to open the next level, so will have more to do tomorrow :-).

Even with the 2 adverts to watch I still didn’t get my Endor Luke :-(. I doubt I’ll get 3 melts a day in over the chocolate weekend :-/.

Wolfwoman
    @wolfwoman

Woo hoo I finally got my Endor Lukes this morning :). I’ve also had 15 points in missions tonight so I have a total of 324/360 now. I think I’ll probably only melt twice a day now, no more melting in the middle of the night when it doesn’t fall right, lol. I still don’t have any Yodas or princess Leias so I might carry on until I get some of those :).

DaBoid
    @daboid

Today I completed the last AB Space Mirror World level. I’ve been patient, waiting to complete levels as they came out of Daily Missions. My goal was to maximize my Space Eagle earnings.

As of now, I have 502 Space Eagles. I will continue missions, but predict they will be a lot of low-point “destroy X blocks/mutants/etc” and difficult “beat your own score” missions.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum End of game AB Space & SWII

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.