Pigs don't disappear when I fight — HELP?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Pigs don't disappear when I fight — HELP?

• Hey all,

I have a weird bug that started out of the blue and persists after a reinstall both on my iPhone and Android (via BlueStacks): pigs do not disappear between stages.

I kill the pigs and they remain there, their health bar just disappears. When moving to the next stage, their “shadows” persist, and often I cannot target the new pigs. Auto-play will continue out the level, though it doesn’t do very well on trickier levels.

This happens now in the event levels and on a normal level such as Star Reef Castle.\

Since the pigs never actually disappear, it looks like mastery and snoutlings are not being received, but they are. I still get all the coins I would expect from SRC, for example.

Help? When I can’t target pigs it makes it hard to assure victory because of how stupid auto-play works. Unless I want to pause and eat rage slices to just send in Chuck’s rage ability, I can’t assure even getting through the rest of this event (and will certainly struggle with the Golden Pig levels when the time comes…)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
  • Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@sutekh137 The same thing happened to me yesterday, it seems to be connected to playing some of the levels in the event that became available after the gate opened yesterday. The only way I could get rid of it was to totally end the app (as in it is not running in the memory of the device anymore) and then restart the device.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@angryjohnny

Thanks for responding, but that didn’t work. I have restarted the device with a brand new installation of the game and the pig shadows remain. :\ I guess I am stuck with a bad data file? You think Rovio can fix it without reverting to a backup? If I go to a backup I’ll lose all of my Event progress, etc…

And my BlueStacks instance was running from a fresh start, too…

Any other ideas? This really stinks! Maybe a sign I should stop playing Epic since there really isn’t much to do anyway…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@sutekh137 A question; are you actively playing the Event levels that opened up yesterday between reboots of your device? I am just wondering since for me playing them (at least the last 3 levels) seems to trigger this bug to appear and does not disappear until I did what I wrote in my previous post. Replaying those Event levels makes the bug re-appear again.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@angryjohnny

After this last restart I went directly to Star Reef Castle to see if the shadowed pigs remain — and they did.

But I see what you are saying. Perhaps I will find a way to muddle through this event and then uninstall, reboot, and reinstall to see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn’t, I do think I’ll just have to say good-bye to Epic… This last mastery increase already means I’ll never have all my classes at max power, as I have no intention of grinding and checking in with the Dojo every three hours for the rest of my natural life. As soon as I do, they’ll probably just raise the level again anyway to cash in from the diehards that immediately max themselves out with LCs.

Thanks for your time, though!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@angryjohnny

I went so far so as to uninstall the game and reset my phone, then uninstall and reset on BlueStacks. The tutorial as the game starts has the pigs properly dying and disappearing. But as soon as I log into Rovio and get my game back, any level I go to (even a brand new one that I haven’t played in months and months), the pigs do not disappear after they die.

Worse, I had a really weird issue on Star Reef Castle where my birds got hit with a diminish spell and from then on they were only hitting for hundreds of damage instead of 1000+. It was really weird, and needless to say I died.

I have put in a support ticket with Rovio, but I am guessing the odds are not good for them fixing this before the Event is over. And I’m barely holding on to a two-star slot even though I have missed almost now stamina. This really sucks, and my leaderboard is an order of magnitude more difficult than it has ever been in any prior event.

Just thought I would let you know how far I went in trying to get rid of this debilitating issue…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Pigs don't disappear when I fight — HELP?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.