Do you want to continue?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Do you want to continue?

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Replies
  • Kathy
    @kathy

Thanks @Sweetp, and if a questionable score does come up we can all pitch in to discuss it 🐥

jrsquonk
    @jrsquonk

I see that the leaders came to the same conclusion as I did…this amounts to a power-up.  Is there anyway we can lobby Rovio to put in some kind of indicator that an extra bird was employed?  A lightning (note the spelling) bolt or something similar?

Kathy
    @kathy

@jrsquonk your more likely to get a reply if you @admins, unfortunately I don’t think we’ll get anywhere with Rovio:(

Cc: @Sweetp

emilj
    @emilj

There is a brand new update that I installed yesterday, and it turns out Rovio have now broken this feature in a much more serious way. Namely, it now registers as a power-up as witnessed by a flash next to the score, however it does so not just if you use this feature, but always after the “Continue playing?” message was shown, even if you declined it (using the cross in the corner or a device back-button). This makes it effectively impossible to produce power-up free high-score screenshots for levels where this feature is offered, which is basically wherever you need to use all birds.

EDIT: As jrsquonk notes below, it sometimes happens even if the level is finished with some birds left, which makes the problem even worse.

jrsquonk
    @jrsquonk

OK, now the latest update has added a new bug.  I have gotten the extra bird screen many times and rejected them every time.  On two occasions, however, when the score counted up I got the lightning bolt.  I did not use any power up or the extra bird, and I still got the bolt.  Luckily, this hasn’t happened on a PR yet. It appears that they tried to fix the extra bird problem and created another bug in the process.

Update:  I see this topic has been raised by another poster before me, although it wasn’t on the board when I posted.  One thing to add, this does occur when you have birds left.

nyk-kelly
    @nyk-kelly

I just began seeing this today.  I’m sorry for intruding: but I play daily,  don’t compete , and frankly-with all the freezing on Mighty League right now , they’re going to need to invent a new league altogether and give trophies to those of us who’ve been demoted consistently.

At any rate, when the game began freezing,  these “extra bird offers” would pop up,  mostly,  it seemed,  when I had no power ups and little resources left. I used them,  a few times , when available (most of the time , you can click the button,  only to hear the click-no free bird).

Last week , the game was freezing SO MUCH I thought it best to just play episodes…. Now? Even after clearing all targets or having so many targets one bird would seem senseless ….even under these circumstances , I get flipped the “one more bird option”.

I don’t pay to play (for background info), nor do I enter in any major tournaments…the exception being ML., of course, and that’s just a waiting game at this point …

jrsquonk
    @jrsquonk

This bug has been fixed with the latest version, apparently.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Do you want to continue?

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.