Do Glass and Wood league really exist?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Do Glass and Wood league really exist?

• I have, quite on purpose, placed myself 4oth place, right at the bottom, in the last many AB tournament seasons. I can see that I no longer drop after reaching appr. 280/300 in Stone league. It simply seems to be impossible to go any lower.

Are there people out there who are in Glass or Wood league? Has anyone experienced what I’m seeing?

My highscore is 15 star Diamond league, and perhaps your can only leave Glass and Wood but not return once you go higher?

Anyone?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • tempestJCM
    @18stars

That’s correct.  The only time that one can be in the Glass or Wood League is when you start playing league tournaments with a new account.  It’s been several years since I was down in Bronze League, but I recall that it would require real (lack of) effort in order to be demoted down to Stone League.

After consulting with a spreadsheet I have kept of league rankings, I believe that 270 was the lowest score that one can reach once they have advanced to Bronze League.  I thought that if you finished 40th place in Bronze, you would lose 30 points.  It’s possible that those values have changed over time, though.  The number shown below the cup on the far right of the display for 40th place in the Bronze League would be the floor of 300-x points.

There’s a thread in this forum that we used to discuss AB Friends league scoring and rankings.

League Scoring

Hylech
    @hylech

Hey tempest, thanks a huge bunch for your thorough reply. I had an idea that what you’re saying would be the case. It’s a rather weird detail, but if that’s the way it is, I’m gonna work myself up the AB ladder once more :)

Cheers!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Do Glass and Wood league really exist?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.