[Discussion] Witch, Matilda's Sixth Class

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum [Discussion] Witch, Matilda's Sixth Class

• Attack: Deals 160% damage to target foe. Applies Smite debuff to target foe for 3 turns. Each turn, affected foes take 15% damage of Matilda’s attack (DoT), and Matilda is healed by that amount, which can be boosted by Sweet. If more than one foes are affected, Matilda is healed for each affected foe.

Support: Immediately heals target ally for 20% of that ally’s base health. Applies Growth buff to target ally for 3 turns. Affected allies have increased maximum health and attack by 20%.

The attack is a power attack and DoT in one. Its DoT doesn’t do as much damage as Druid though. It is a strange attack, and I cannot find much synergy of this class with others. Only the healing portion can be boosted by Sweet. For example, if the DoT does 214 damage, Matilda gets healed for 285 that same turn.

Along with Bard, this is Matilda’s most offensive class. The healing is poor just like Bard, and does more damage without the Nightmare set. However, the attack buff is only 20%, less than Pirate. This only affects one ally at a time too, so you’re basically using this for its HP boost than its attack boost, though Witch+Capt’n thrown on an ally makes for a ferocious attacker.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Replies
  • Zeke Kaiser
    @zekekaiser

It reads to me that it heals Matilda for 15% of the damage that the afflicted enemy deals with its own attacks.

This class could be useful as a tank if combined with Blue’s Rogues because of the hp boost.

Hp/attack boost seems like a handy move (it says target ally, so single target), but overall, the class seems a little underwhelming. I was hoping for a multi-strike class to efficiently utilize the Nightmare set.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The description is poorly worded. In the attack it should have read something like, “Matilda is healed by 15% of all dealt damage to this target for the next 3 turns.”

I wonder if the support skill works off the max health or current health number. I also wonder if you lose health after the 3 turns are up if your health is below your normal max health number when it expires, but we’ll find out when we get the class.

This class can still use Matilda’s Medicine so it can heal.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@zekekaiser It doesn’t say single target in the game’s description. I have edited the top post to reflect that.

Bossk
    @henjovr

If health and target get +20% for all allies then this is a very good support class.

Anonymous

I just battled the Vampire in the Arena from a computer generated opponent and got some info.

She appears to have the same damage value as Bard. She did slightly over 1000 damage and was level 43 and mastery rank 9 with the Doom set item.

Her attack ability does infact apply a debuff to a single target. Every turn it drains the birds health equivalent to 15% of her damage. It lasts 3 turns.

Also her side ability gives a 20% damage and health buff to a single bird.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

That sounds like a cool attack. I like the idea of leaching health from your opponents. It might be fun to have the Witch use her skill on herself, then use Skulkers on the Witch to suck the blood of all enemies. She’ll stay pretty healthy if there are a lot of enemies. This would also give me a reason to use the Avenger since he can force all enemies to attack the Witch. However I’d use the Avenger’s I Dare you on himself the first round to make sure he gets hurt, then use that skill on the Witch later.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

So this Matilda can only heal herself? This class is powerful with Avenger or Rogues, but very hard to control without them.

edkang-TW
    @edkang

May be only with Avenger.
    Matilda become MAIN tank!!? Avenger Second tank …>??

Zeke Kaiser
    @zekekaiser

I’d stick with rogues. Avenger is such a weak class.

Maybe witch, rogues, cannoneer?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Strong self-heal is fine, if the attack is high enough, like Mana / Time on Chuck.

Bossk
    @henjovr

Last night I got this special offer when I got 10 pumpkins:

Witch for sale 1

Witch for sale 2

Anyone else got the Witch class offered for 220LC?
    Naturally I haven’t bought it since I want it for free :)

Anonymous

I just battled the Witch again in the arena. Thinking her side ability heals the bird 30% of it’s health just imagine how much it heals the banner. Lets just say it’s more than Princess O.O

Bossk
    @henjovr

Hmm, can the Witch add 20% health to the banner? That would be about +3500 health… insane!

edkang-TW
    @edkang

Witch can add 20% health to the banner….

Screenshot_2015-10-25-10-34-21.jpg

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

I can see Witch getting nerfed to oblivion already (or atleast, tweak the interaction with the banner health) but then again, after the venom teams falling off due to Chuck’s new set items, I can see why they would give Matilda a new class more Arena-oriented to be competitive again… because, let’s be honest here, Matilda outside of Venom (or Stun) combos, is kinda useless there nowadays…

Putte
    @puttekula

Ahhh, da littla birdiewitch… My new little birdietoy. Keeps my pole stiff and sturdy…

Birdbasher
    @simonious

I came up against on in a battle that was not a computer generated player. It was they were level 50 and the Witch was already level 12 approx. 16hours after the Halloween event started. Did 1500+ damaged and absolutely destroyed my birds. Players name was Spy-Spy. I recommend to avoid.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Spy Spy has been reported many times by several different players. However the Witch came up for sale at a discount as soon as the the first two ingredients for her head gear were complete and at an even bigger discount once the bones are obtained. I was offered her this morning for 190 LC. She can be legitimately rank 12 within a few minutes for snoutlings if all your other classes are 12.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

So the 15% damage/heal is that the same as the Spies “Glee” ability? So if you attack with Matilda and then attacked with your other birds, the enemy affected by the Witch’s attack would take 15% of the damage that was dealt that round? (and Matilda also healed by that same amount)

Agreed that it’s definitely a more offensive oriented class for Matilda (witch she desperately needed). She doesn’t have a heal, more of a shield by giving another bird +20% health. My question then becomes, what if you reuse it on the same bird and what happens when it wears off?

A strong combo I see with her is with the Beserker, increasing the health of a bird makes his Whirlwind a lot stronger. I’m thinking of combining Witch/Berserker/Skulkers and seeing how much damage they can do. Maybe another combination that can help handle the “Knock 3 birds out with 1 attack” Arena quest.

Zeke Kaiser
    @zekekaiser

Whirlwind is weak. You would be better off using Chuck on almost any of his classes and boost him instead.

I know that it can be different depending on gear etc, but with my birds.

Matilda lvl 11 hp (more hp than Bomb) + Giant Growth + Whirlwind:
    3314*1.2*0.15=596.52

Red lvl 11 hp (most hp of all my birds) + GG + WW
    3982*1.2*.15=716.76

Chuck lvl 10 Mage + GG
    638*1.2=765.6

Chuck lvl 11 Thunderbird + GG
    549*1.2=658.8

This doesn’t even factor in any of the defense down debuffs or the fact that Chuck can benefit from other attack boosts, but Whirlwind cannot.

Ravinda Bulathgama
    @ravinda-bulathgama

Is this class really worth 275 lcs?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

No. Farm it via Halloween event – it is doable.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

The class is out. I have tested it, and updated the top post with details about the class.

Bossk
    @henjovr

The effect looks nice, it actually grows your birds + banner.
    The health boost is very nice, especially with sets like Rebirth which effectively gives you 50% extra health over the bonus.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I have tried her out. Not in the Arena but in cave 17. Not that impressed really. She is Ok but in my mind Matiida is supposed to be a healer. She is powerful enough so perhaps she is better suited to the Arena.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum [Discussion] Witch, Matilda's Sixth Class

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.