Did Epic just die quietly?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Did Epic just die quietly?

• Where did it go?

I can’t even find it in the app store anymore.

Hell search results for the app link has mysteriously “disappeared”.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • Jim151
    @jim151

Well, this forum is certainly dead.

I started playing again after about 18 months off, and it seems to be working fine.  new events and all.

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

I just came here to look up the same thing.  While Rovio discontinued support for Epic over a year ago, it has remained playable, and I continued to play the game daily through until today.

I had just reached the 10,000 point threshold to unlock the last non-holiday special class in the current event (I’m still missing two of the Christmas hats), and then went on to complete the dailies in the arena.  After completing two of the three tasks, the arena screen suddenly had a thick black field in the center, where the “disconnected” animation would appear, but this time it was just black and empty, leaving me with no option but to force-close the game.

I got the same thing after restarting the phone and clearing the cache, so I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling.  However, when I went to the Play Store to reinstall, the game was nowhere to be found.  I found the game page doing a Google search on my computer, and there it told me that the game is not available in my country (!!).

Since I didn’t make a backup of the APK, it looks like my time with this game has come abruptly to an end.  It’s been a good run, having been on my phone for almost exactly 5 years, and rarely would a day go by when I didn’t play, but I knew this day would come eventually…although I had expected the end would have been my own choice.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Did Epic just die quietly?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.