Diamond League!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Diamond League!

• I need some advice from those of you who’ve been playing Arena seriously.

I’m currently running an easy 1st place in Platinum pulling over 8-9k daily, and will definitely promote up to Diamond if I just keep playing like I currently play. Right now, I am Bird strong (12s) / Banner weak (mostly Gold, only 2 Sets), but I’m pretty sure I can stay in Diamond until the season ends. I don’t yet have (but definitely want) the Platinum Retaliate and Resurrection emblems, along with the Diamond Time Jump emblem.

A couple weeks from now is the 5x Rainbow Riot on my AGPM, and I intend to spend at least 100 LCs on 4x 5+1 items. If I go up to Diamond I’ll get a bunch of shots at the Time Jump emblem, but I’ll miss the chance at Retaliate & Resurrection, right?

I’d have to fall back to Platinium to get the Resurrection & Retailiate emblems, right?

Is it better to stay Diamond, or try to spin up the Platinum stuff?

What’s my best strategy for the next couple weeks?
    ____

Going big, promoted to Diamond, and going to stay there!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Replies
  • Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

All emblems from lower leagues can also be gotten from GP rolls in higher leagues.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Thanks, AJ – I did not know that. I guess the best plan is to go up to Diamond.

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

The Lower league emblems also scale up in higher leagues, so a diamond retaliate provides more banner health than a platinum one providing they have the same number of stars.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Even better, thanks!

angryde
    @angryde

Good advice above. And just to confirm… I’ve also spun ‘lower level’ emblems while sitting in the diamond league. I just bust my hump to get to and stay in the diamond league at the beginning of each season (usually by week 7-8)… and then just cross my fingers during all those free rolls. I’ve amassed a heap of Diamond sets/tops/flags and emblems this way (good stats too!)… and not an LC spent. But I’m one of these people who obtains more epic gear from free rolls than from pay-spins (arena and normal).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Thanks. I had not paid much attention to Arena at all, and only recently started making a push, hence the n00bish questions. :D Next season, I’ll push a lot harder, earlier.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist Good luck, mate! L-52 (diamond) sets/tops/flags/emblems make such a huge difference in the arena. Well worth the investment of time and energy (or LCs!) :-D

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Thanks! I’ve got over 2k gap over 2nd, and over 5k over 4th, so all good!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I promoted up to Diamond with a hair under 60k, spinning up Retaliate.

I hope to hang on and finish in Diamond.

Thanks, guys!

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist Congrats on hitting diamond :-) Getting there is the hard part!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Thanks! I do have to pick my fights a little more carefully, but it’s all good. And the new banner stuff is nice.

Of course, now that the stakes are higher, it kinda hurts when you get crashed out of fights. Like me, today. I just missed the 1500 because I crashed out twice, after a legit loss.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist I feel your pain. Totally. I tend to skip any fight where Chuck is armed with Mana Mist + Mana Well… even when I’m not using the ‘Venomous’ team. Even with my ‘Venomous’ 11-11-11, I find that I can generally defeat most 12-12-12 teams (using any combo of tops/flags/emblems). I think having Diamond-52 Blessed Idol, Blessed Blanket, and Resilience has a great deal to do with that… oh, and having a L-52 Sweet set for Matilda is undeniably crucial. The only team I’m really leery about is a 12-12-12 Paladin, Sea Dog, Wizard combo using one of the damage amplification sets + Time Jump. If they win the toss, I CAN lose.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

My Venomous is 11-10-11, and it’s good to know that it’s still competitive (as long as it’s not going against Mana set).

Paladin is annoying, but he doesn’t hit that hard. If I win the toss, there is a good chance to knock out all 3 birds and take the banner before their team stands back up again. Not as often in Diamond, but definitely in Platinum. Running Retaliate, when I come close, I’ve seen Red stand up, Rage, and finish the banner for me – that’s really funny!

Thinking more about how I play, I should go for Resurrection to hit more.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist If you’re going super-offensive, then I’d imagine that either ‘Resurrection’ or ‘Time Jump’ paired with one of the damage amplification sets would be the way to go..? But, hell, what do I know about going super-offensive!?! Lol.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Haha!

BTW, how come there are so many terrible teams. I occasionally see 10-9-9 teams – that’s insane.
    ____

Not that it’s easy – 8k daily is only mid-pack. Top 3 are pulling 20-25k daily. That’s also insane.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist I find much about the arena to be ‘insane.’ :-D Every day, I’ll encounter a couple of completely random sub-700, sub-9-9-9 teams… pure, unadulterated cakewalk. Then, in my arrogance, I’ll accidentally enter into (‘accept’) some face-off with a nightmarish 12-12-12 ‘super team’ with über-everything and a power score of 1100 or something equally ridiculous. Moral. Of. Story. Always pay attention; NEVER get complacent. Lol.

Putte
    @puttekula

ANd I have given up this now. Dont give me a thing. Back to the old AB games that has been updated…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

It’s funny, but I was testing out my Venomous team last night. Doing pretty well, until I got sleepy and fight a couple Mana sets (that I can easily roll with my regular birds). Oops.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist ALWAYS a bad idea. You’re in a world of hurt. Lol.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah, that sucked pretty bad. :D

OTOH, Sweet! I just got a “free” Resurrection Emblem! Woo-hoo!

50+k got me 5th place, so I won’t be kicked out, which is all I really worried about. 1st is pushing 120k, and I still have a lot of SRC to farm…

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist No grinding necessary for me this week… I’m on about 45,000 for 10th in diamond. Safe going into W-12. I free rolled a diamond L-52 ‘Frostheart’ yesterday… happy camper! AND I only need 1x more free roll to fill my arena AGPM! Excited! Congrats on your ‘new’ emblem!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Thanks. I just need to stay top 10, so I don’t get demoted. :D

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist finally filled my arena AGPM and free-rolled a (diamond) L-52 “Sinister Head.” Very cool. I’ve amassed quite the little collection of arena gear. Hey, from about week eight (in every season)… my whole existence is about not getting demoted to platinum! ;)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Ha, I know!

I only have 1 week’s worth of Diamond, but this week is 5x Rainbow Riot, so I’m planning to burn my LCs to catch up.

Next month will be a gear roll, trying to complete Mana set.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist Hey, if you’re gunna bounce into diamond then (during) the 5x week is the week to do it! :-D Call it sound planning and a ‘tactical expenditure of (due) effort’ Lol!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Diamond League!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.