Destructometer only fills once for each bird thrown

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Destructometer only fills once for each bird thrown

• Hello all,

Ever since the new update, my destructometer will only fill once for each card I use. In the first board of a level, I get a strike and watch as my points climb to over 3 million but yet I get my bird back and the bar stays right at the beginning and will not move until I throw another bird. Is this the new gameplay or is this a glitch only happening to me? Any help please? It’s driving me crazy.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

It’s funny you ask that question as a clan I used to play for had the exact same question so they asked Rovio, this was the response they received:

453D4287-73B9-401F-BB58-F692F32AEDCB.jpeg

So Rovios official stance seems to be 1 bird for 1 card back…..actual real life seems to be a mix of 1 bird for 1 card back, or 1 bird for a mix of  1-2 card backs. So it seems a bit all over the place.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@amanda-yoo I noticed the same thing today.  I played a level on the AB2 path and encountered several golden pigs.  However, if the destructometer filled before I popped the golden pig, I only received one extra bird — none for the golden pig.  It was not a King Pig level and I had only 3-4 birds on deck at the time.  I deliberately chose my birds and aim points so as to fill the destructometer completly before going after the golden pig to maximize points and minimize birds expended.  This glitch rendered that strategy to the trash bin.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@chucky-2 – thanks for the post.  I don’t understand that part of the Rovio explanation suggesting the potential for “infinite birds” for “very high flock power players.”  I was under the impression that if two players with different FP achieved identical destruction that the higher FP player would have a higher score but that both players’ destructometers would fill by the same amount.  Is that the wrong picture?

Anonymous

Sorry mate I can’t answer the question as I am no longer playing…..as far as I understood it based on a couple of weeks ago:

A higher FP player could fill the bar 2-3 times on the first level using only 1 bird, and they would get 2-3 cards back depending on how many times they filled the bar. Where as a lower FP player who does the same shot, will score a lot less, as such they will fill the bar only once maybe twice, so they only get 1 maybe 2 cards back.

If I understand the reply from Rovio above, it sounds like they are saying you should only be able to fill the bar once and the bar will stop on that level for 1 card back….but that is only if I am reading the reply correctly.

From what I am hearing from players some players are no longer receiving “spell cards” back, but as I am no longer playing I can’t actually check that for myself.

There could also be a miscommunication between what my old clan were asking Vs the reply they received, so I am not 100% sure the reply above is correct to the question that was asked.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@chucky-2 thanks for the explanation.  I think that I’ll have to revise my strategy especially when Golden Pigs are in the mix.  My experience with getting spell cards back is:  It usually only happens if I use a spell on my first shot and fill the destructometer.  In such a case, I have a full ‘deck’ of all 7 differest birds already and a random spell is the reward.

Yoo-hoo19
    @amanda-yoo

@Chucky-2 Thanks for the explanation. I asked Rovio and never got a response. I’ve been playing for weeks and this just started. So, I guess I hit the mark of high FP. But it really screws me when it comes to hard levels and clan battles. I played my sons AB2 and his was working fine. I see it the way you see it. If you flock power is higher then you should get more points and more cards.

Yoo-hoo19
    @amanda-yoo

I can actually watch my score rise enough to fill 2-3 times with one bird and the meter will not move. It’s so frustrating.

cognitive
    @cognitive

This should be easy to fix by adjusting the points needed for a free bird upwards as flock strength increases…

Angry Geek
    @trevor-fleming

Hi. I am the person chucky reffered to. I had another response today.

Hi there,

thank you for the video!

Please, be aware that it is game’s feature – this is how it works for everybody. It used to work differently, so it’s possible to notice it in older videos, but it has been changed since it’s not possible to get more than one card anyway due to technical reasons.

We hope it clarifies the problem! As always, please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Needless to say i will be drafting a longwinded email containing videos of evidence from higher fp players anf lower fp players.

This ‘bug’ also affects maps, arena, bootcamp and clan events.

I’ll let you know what response i get.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

That can’t be right. When I enter the first room and destroy it with one bird entirely, I get this bird and one or two spells back. This is btw the only way, how those ridiculous high scores in the eagle camp are possible. Rovio can’t possibly deny that!

@jwgardenwiz
    yes, your assumption is correct. Until recently I played three devices: one with fp around 200, one with around 400 and one with around 600. I played the exact same levels (clan, mighty eagle, etc.). The two accounts 400 and 600 are pretty similar, but playing the 200 fp was a lot different. There I had a much harder time finishing as many rooms as on those other devices, because the destructometer just didn’t fill up equally fast.
    I noticed this also during DC and KPP, that was much harder on the lower account than on the higher ones. Which would make no sense, if we assume that I shot every bird the same way and the destructometer filled equally.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

Those Rovio explanations are not explanations at all. They are incomprehensible drivel. And seriously, nobody but nobody I know had any issues with the destructometer before the update: they’ve prioritised stuffing THIS up over making some of the fixes players actually want?!?

Yoo-hoo19
    @amanda-yoo

@trevor-Fleming Rovio is full of crap. I played on my sons account and his fills up on the first board at least 2 times when he gets a strike and does a lot of damage and his FP is 168. Mine stops as soon as I get my bird back and mine is 239. It only started doing this after the update.

@rippiggies
    you are exactly right. Half the stuff Rovio comes back with, makes no sense.

Yoo-hoo19
    @amanda-yoo

I would assume the meter is based on a certain amount of points, say the first fill is 500,000. So, when the player gets that many points, you get the bird back. Now of course with that being said, the player with higher flock power would get to that score faster because their Terrence (for instance) is getting x32 points while another is getting x20 points. That’s how I looked at it. But I’ve watched my score go from 1 mil to 3.5 mil and the meter not move at all. So, its really frustrating because even if I don’t fill it twice, it should at least be half way to where the next bird i throw is closer to coming back. It takes longer to fill the meter later on so when I should get 3 cards back in the beginning, I’m now short 3 birds on the 5th board of the level.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

The real problem with this change is not that you are limited to one extra bird per shot.  It is the fact that the destructometer stops filling after the extra bird is rewarded.    It lessens a player’s ability to strategize.  I believe that before the latest update, players  experienced the same limit on KP levels.  If the destructometer filled twice on one shot, you just did not receive a second extra bird.  It added an extra dimension of strategy to planning your shots — i.e., how can I achieve enough destruction to get that first extra bird yet leave a little room in the destructometer to make it easier to get another on my next shot.

Now, with that element of planning removed, just fling away.

Raizir
    @raizir

“…We are always listening to feedback from our players…”
    “…Your feedback is an important part of our development process…”

Riiiiiggghhhhht…

(Why you always lyin’?)

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

It looks like the destructometer complaint has been resolved satisfactorily.  I have gotten additional birds in the Arena and on the “trail”.  The only time I now see the one-bird per toss limit is on a King Pig level.  Even then, the destructometer continues to fill after I receive an extra bird.  If destruction continues the meter continues to fill but, once full a second time, it reverts to empty without awarding a second extra bird.  Anyone else notice the fix?

Yoo-hoo19
    @amanda-yoo

Yes, I have noticed the fix. Mine is back to the way it was before. Thanks everyone for the support. It was much appreciated.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Destructometer only fills once for each bird thrown

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.