Dawn of Piggy Island – a tweaked version of Epic

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Dawn of Piggy Island – a tweaked version of Epic

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Replies
  • t_russell
    @tigerussell

    Dodge is percentage based, IE pig has 20% chance to dodge if I’m reading it correctly. The actuality seems to be that a pig that can dodge gets about 80% to do so. Battles which you should be able to complete handily either drag out beyond endurance or you will actually lose do to the fact that you can rarely land a strike.

    Strategia55
    @strategia55

    Does anyone believe there will be some type of carryover option, in terms of bought coins , to Epic 2?

    t_russell
    @tigerussell

    @strategia55 — It’s not something I’d be willing to bet on. I would think any money spent on the beta would be a lost cause. it’s not a chance I’m willing to take.

    Bossk
    @henjovr

    Sounds like fun, if there’s an english version.
    Is it supported by Rovio?

    Mopurglar
    @mopurglar

    I really hope they don’t go with this model for an official release. Specifically, expecting players to play a little and then wait on stamina will unnecessarily make the game less fun.

    I quit AB transformers because I don’t have time for that kind of nonsense.

    A model where players have to check in multiple times a day in order to progress can work for a tap-and-wait townbuilding game, but for a game that has actual gameplay, all you’re doing is making things less fun and wasting people’s time. Might as well find a similar game that doesn’t unnecessarily water down the experience.

    Partshade
    @partshade

    @mopurglar It wouldn’t be the first time they did this though. There’s the cupcake system in Go. Play 5 races and wait a while just to play the game some more. Same with the fog in Stella. It’s almost like they don’t want you to play the games. Unless you have cash to pay your way through the time limits that is.

    firedragon
    @mingkee27

    BTW, if you play Short Fuse session for 25 times, you will get 10 Shockwave bomb.

    t_russell
    @tigerussell

    Screenshot_2015-06-19-06-27-52.png

    @mingkee27 — Can you tell me what is exactly what is required to get the top reward here. I have gotten it a couple of times but am unsure how. Most of the time I don’t get it at all.

    t_russell
    @tigerussell

    Well I’m on day 33, Level 66 and not quite strong enough to tackle KPC.

    Some advice, 1 get the anvil upgrade, I didn’t and am probably regretting it. 2 Thunderbird is far more useful than paladin. Unless there is an enemy that can dispel go with Samurai, Thunderbird, Cleric and put the shields up. Let the enemy beat themselves down while you heal and generally harass them.

    Game play is still hampered by a far too high miss rate when attacking, random enemy retaliation is also a little high, the reward wheel is so crooked it’s almost bent, Potions are largely useless and the rewards you will see most often by far are all fruit.

    Still the game is fun as a replacement for Epic for any who are topped out and looking for a similar experience.

    t_russell
    @tigerussell

    The arena here is not entirely separate from the main game as it is in epic. I will elaborate if someone wishes else I will not waste the time.

    On day 40 or so level 72 beat KPC and WPC last week. Way to under powered to take on caves or level 17 in endless dungeon. Get smashed within one or two turns. Just completing my daily tasks, leveling up, etc. Puzzle mini game hasn’t given a puzzle piece for a few days now. Just snouts and gems.

    Since it looks like I’m the only one here playing I’ll continue to give an update once a week or so. Regular epic players will like this game, I’ve spent no money and have progressed fairly steadily. Still trying to figure how you get your hands on set items. A few of the people on my friends list have one or two. They are either very rare from the golden pig or are obtained in some other way.

    Bossk
    @henjovr

    Is this english or not?

    FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

    @henjovr We haven’t heard of a English version of Dawn of Piggy Island yet.

    t_russell
    @tigerussell

    @henjovr it is in chinese but the interface is very intuitive. I am having no trouble playing. If you need any explanation for anything I am more than willing to help out.

    t_russell
    @tigerussell

    Weekly Update, Day 48 level 75. Since beating KPC two weeks ago and opening the caves I haven’t made much headway. LC production is up to 1100 a day and I am judiciously spending it on ranking up my gems.

    I used up all my Arena stamina in an attempt to get some better items for my birds from the GAPM but had limited success. The best items are few and far between. There also seems to be a bug so you can’t scrap the ones you don’t need like you can weapons. Or there may be some future use for them I haven’t found yet.

    Once you hit level 72 the required experience for the next level quadruples again, I noticed this on level 52 when it quadrupled. All told it now takes three days to gain one level using all available stamina. I have 1170 of 2232 stars, next prize is at 1200 but even this is next to impossible until I am much stronger. Still can’t play the caves or advance in bottomless dungeon. I almost get the feeling I shouldn’t be as far along as I am since the wall I’ve hit is very high.

    BTW spend no money on this game, For the nominal price of 89.99 you get 3600 LC which will buy next to nothing at my level. You can also earn this amount in game in three days so why bother. Buying the minimum amount to get the VIP1 status might be worth it. It raises the daily limits on some things so progress would probably be faster. END.

    firedragon
    @mingkee27

    @tigerussell
    1800-2000 (6-8pm) to claim the 1st reward daily (60 cans and 10 piggy cherry)

    t_russell
    @tigerussell

    @mingkee27 that is what I figured. Turns out I can claim it if I log in just after 6am my time. Twelve hours off. Took me a while to figure that out. Thanks for the translation.

    AngryBirdPigKiller
    @alinangrybirds

    i have the app but i dont understand how to start

    LolHacksRule
    @dante-mele

    Late af but this I gotta see

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Dawn of Piggy Island – a tweaked version of Epic

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.