Dawn of Piggy Island – a tweaked version of Epic

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Dawn of Piggy Island – a tweaked version of Epic

• A tweaked version of Angry Birds Epic is available, but so far as a 3rd party .apk file, because the game is currently in a beta launch. The game is in an Asian language (probably because the game is meant for the Asian community), so, honestly, I have no clue what everything is and does. The game features the same turn-based RPG gameplay as Epic, but it’s a whole new experience when it comes to acquiring equipment and materials. Below you’ll find a picture in which you can see the game’s icon, and the link to a video of the game that I recorded.
    And feel free to check out the website of this game: http://angrybirds.kimi.com.tw/
    Dawn of Piggy Island.png

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Replies
  • FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

I notice so much more items than what we have, plus the addition of a message bar. Also, Stamina is already shown (it’s stamina, right?), and the prices are scaled up, so the GPM rolls costs much more than what we’d know the GPM would cost. But I noticed that the stamina SEEMED to be overfilled (173/150???) at one point duing the video. Also, so many more things cost LC. Great video @mighty-red-1 !

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@freckledpig147 Like I said, this game is in a beta release. It’s v0.9.0.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

First : @mighty-red-1 Contragulations ! You’ve found something big ! I’ve tried to visit the site. There is a complete tutorial for how to play the game. The first difference is that both LCs and Snoutlings have been made much easier to earn. For example, for beating the Golden pig, the prize is a wheel with 4-9 LCs on it ! The maximum prize for a dungeon is, by the way, 12,886 Snoutlings !!! Completely crazy !! BTW, the page is in Chinese language.

sal9
    @sal9

@mighty-red-1 I believe it’s just a special Asian release of the AB Epic we know. Same game with asian partners for a new market.

This was brought to our attention a couple of weeks ago: https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/dr-omegas-news-desk/page/20/#post-98790

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@sal9 Yeah, could be. I’ve also known about this for quite some time (the download was not available before), but only today I received an email about the game (some kind of pre-register process was/is available) and noticed that it’s possible to download it.

Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

@mighty-red-1 I also found a tweaked version of angry birds classic in google play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rovio.abclassickakaotalk
    Not sure if it’s been noticed before of not

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@bad-piggies-2 Nope, this is also new.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

This is pretty cool but I wish I could read Chinese. Quite frankly I have no real idea what’s going on other than in the battles.

Edit: I think I broke it. It no longer starts.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I have a very limited understanding of simplified Chinese. This app uses classical Chinese. @mingkee27 can probably help us out with this one.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

I can also translate Chinese to English for all of you, but first can you tell me where to download this?

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

The website for the game is located in the first post. Here it is – http://angrybirds.kimi.com.tw

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I downloaded on Asus, but it can’t open.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Starting
    You have to login with fb, yahoo, or just try
    After that, click the black bar to select the server.
    null

Unfortunately, I got server full error and I can’t go further.
    null

The game can run on Tab Pro.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I finally entered the game.
    The battle system is a little different. You have to spend stamina cans to enter ANY battle (bad news for grinding) and you can spend LC to Cheer (attack and defense increase 10% during the battle), but the way to fight stays the same. You will see how many experiences and snoutings you gained, and you can double up using experience potion.
    You can upgrade your gear but you don’t have to roll dice, but you have to spend snoutings plus materials to upgrade or make. Offhannd items become shields, and you will have accessories.
    The Piggy Shop is a bit different now and you can see 4 tabs on the right instead of on the top (recommended, alchemy ingredients, materials, and a new “gems” shown below):
    Level 1 Life gem, Level 2 Life gem
    Level 1 Attack gem, Level 2 Attack gem
    I think the game can be very costly because you will spend LC a lot and hopefully “golden pig secret” still works.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Thanks @mingkee27 for giving us the rundown.

PJng
    @pjng

Screenshot_2015-06-01-11-49-00.png

When first oprn this apps, not sure what meaning.

Screenshot_2015-06-01-12-34-18.png

I was stuck on this screen, not able to move on.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

My item development is not keeping pace with my bird levels. Birds are level 35 and weapons level 30 and under, offhands level 20 and under, necklaces level 15 and under. All are one or two star only. Never enough snouts and no way to grind for more once the stamina runs out. Pace to the game is very slow this way.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I wouldn’t play this game because it will be pretty costly. Except Rovio makes some change on the official version, this will be a flop.

HarleyM
    @harleym

Blood Brothers 2 used a similar stamina system, with energy required for every move, whether or not it led to a battle (not quite apples to apples, though). It led to lots of alt accounts, but they had hundreds of thousands of players (unless they had ghosts in their rankings too, but I doubt it).

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Snouts may be farmed from the maelstrom in good quantities once you make it that far. Puzzle element and the gem thing seem cool. The gems replace mastery if I am correct. I haven’t spent any LC yet as I am having a hard time deciding what would be best. I’m leaning toward Paladin as he is super useful in ABE. The free rewards seem geared toward daily play sans grinding. Don’t understand the arena at all or much of whats going on with the friends list and messages. Fun anyway, better than just grinding in diamond league for more duplicate wheel items.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@mighty-red-1 @tigerussell To download the APK, must I download the file directly on my tablet ??

Edit : Oh, and kimi.com.tw seems to be a Taiwanese game developper.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@zackvoyager — I downloaded directly onto my device but I don’t think it really matters with an APK. You could download onto PC and then put it on your device over cable and then install.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

It’s super easy to get stuck, Now I have plenty of snouts but lack advanced resources for forging. They can’t be crafted or bought, only farmed one at a time and the wheel seems very reluctant to give them up. Once again I am unable to advance through the game. I don’t think even spending LC would help me at this point. They seriously need to work on the pacing. Not needing to rely on luck is nice but there are limits to how much patience people have when it comes the ability to upgrade what you already have.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

In case anyone was wondering, this is currently not available on iOS. The Android people finally got first dibs. Does that mean we iOS users will get the special advanced classes to make up for it? Bahaha! I think not.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

There’s an update to 1.0.0 and some more features:
    Rested bonus: you can double up your experience without using Exp Potion after you have finished the battle.
    Auto Refresh Stamina Can: you know what it is as long as you play the event (same one per 15 minutes).
    Advanced Option on Gears: you can further power up your gears (weapon, shield, and necklace) on top of you can level up your gear to level 100.
    Level 100 Characters and Gears: self explanatory.
    Three Level Battle: get more looted items after battle on higher difficulty.
    Sweep: you can use 5 cans to gain exp, snoutings, and items on previously won three stars battle without fighting again (spend your cans away on that).
    Battle Arena: you know that.
    Different Ways to Acquire Classes: collect stars as many as possible to get more classes especially Wizard and Skulkers.
    Three Shops in One: once you visited Dr. Piggy Lab, you can access three different shops (classes, blueprint, and potion recipes) no matter which shop

I think I will make a jump once this game has gone official because it sounds more fun.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Dawn of Piggy Island – a tweaked version of Epic

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.