Rovio!! Nerf the DIFFICULTY settings

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Rovio!! Nerf the DIFFICULTY settings

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
  • Replies
  • WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

iPhone 5
    Australia

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

iPad
    India

FatBoy
    @aleks10

Samsung S4 Active
    EU

just updated to 1.5.18, during gameplay the game still freezes and somethimes crashes, like in previous versions :(

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

iPad
    Canada

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

iPad Mini (1st. Gen 16GB WiFi) on iOS 8.3 build 12F69
    Canada
    v1.5.15

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

What’s kind of insulting too, is for example I just made it through a Very Hard node in the Cobalt Plateaus with a L10 Energon Starscream (by the skin of my teeth ….) and even with the Squad Bonus and Video Doubler I was only able to earn 634 coins.

Well, at least I didn’t die (although I did die on my previous three attempts, and didn’t earn enough on any of them to cover the 600 coins recharge cost).

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Feeling your pain, @optimuspig. At some point yesterday, I did an embarrassing happy dance when I took High Octane Bumblebee through a Pig City node. Spent 500 coin to get a buddy higher than level 11 (ended up with a level 15 buddy). With the squad bonus and video coin doubler, I earned 3000+ coins. Kinda pathetic that 3000 coins made me that happy😀

What’s more frustrating is that I’ve been on 14 missions and no Arcee or Airachnid. I guess I’m going to have to risk the 5 gems to (maybe) get a mission with either one of those new TFs. And then, no guarantee I’ll end up with enough keys to unlock the right box, because I don’t have enough gems to max out the TFs on the mission teams.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

Iphone 4S iOS 7.1.2, Netherlands.

Already at Medium levels with lvl 8 tf’s, they get knocked out before I can shoot at anything, some make it a bit further, but the amount of rockets and those red flaming rocks from three of them at the same time, don’t know how they are called, they get crushed before getting halfway even with a strong buddy, can’t get enough shielding in between against it. so i’m watching a bouncing washmachine the whole time.

Maybe my TF lvls are to low, but for a casual player, who doesn’t play everyday and just started playing the game, upgrading takes soooooo long.

julrey
    @julrey

@rumblebee: I’m using a Samsung Galaxy S4 from Austin. To be clear, the previous issue of (occasionally) unleashing shotgun pigs on a character level that was in no shape to make it out alive was fixed pretty good with the last update, but this current one seems to have not only reintroduced the problem but escalated it substantially, to the point where where you can’t nuke levels fast enough enough you already had a huge stockpile of crystals to use (or are willing to spend boatloads of cash to pay for an insta-stash of them).

It also does not appear to be an issue with anything but L10 TFs from what I’ve seen so far. For instance, after unlocking Arcee and Airachnid I am assigned appropriate difficulty nodes for those characters.

Anonymous

Samsung Galaxy S4: Android Lollipop.
    The newest version out there.
    Illinois state.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@julrey

“It also does not appear to be an issue with anything but L10 TFs from what I’ve seen so far.”

I’ve also noticed that once a TF makes it from L10 to L11 their chances of successfully completing a run increase dramatically.

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

iPad II & iPhone 5 (iOS 8.2)
    USA

I was able to figure out how to capture a tablet screen video so you can see how brutal this seems in trying to play. (this was labeled as “Medium” difficulty – Character was at Level 7)

5th attempt: http://youtu.be/wKLQnzfd1SQ

6th attempt: http://youtu.be/ZMqdTDVbRhQ Got further this attempt then tried 2 additional times. Ended up Skywarping the event :-(

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

@rumblebee, I have the unreasonable death problem. All my characters are level 10 and my first level 11 is in progress.

Country – Malaysia
    Device – iPad Retina (1st Retina iPad model) running iOS 8.3
    Version of the ABT game – 1.5.15

The game is not unplayable for me. I completed many events including hard and very hard ones. I have 3 events that are leading to unreasonable death constantly, and two of these happen within a few seconds of the event (the third is at about the mid way mark).

The previous two releases of ABT by contrast (since Revenge of the Deceptihogs) have felt too easy. The version even prior was the first version I played and I perceived the degree of difficulty as just right.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@rumblebee

Country = USA
    Device = Samsung Galaxy S6 OS version 5.0.2
    ABT version 1.5.18

It is very diplomatic of you to do this, but why are you asking for everyone’s device information? It’s happening to everyone, so the “device” doesn’t matter at all. It’s the Settings in the game that are causing the shotgun pigs bullets to be WAY too powerful (Plus i’m starting to notice the “earthquakes” again, and by bot starts jumping around when there’s nothing shooting at him/her). This should be a really simple fix, decrease the power of the shotgun wielding pigs, flying or otherwise. Your devs ought to be able to do this before their next lunch break. I’ve developed code before and although I haven’t done anything as complex as a game like this, I know how it works. Or at the very least, tell us why Rovio has decided to implement the insta-death? Is it just to force us to buy gems and upgrade bots past level 10? I can tell you that you are probably going to lose more players on principal (because the game is certainly no longer anywhere near as fun now) and because people don’t want to wait the days and weeks it takes to just wait for the upgrade after you’ve paid, than you will get people buying gems. Just my two cents.

Rumblebee
    @rumblebee

Thank you everyone! Developers have been notified about this issue and they’re looking for a fix while I’m writing this comment. Some of these problems relate to the fact that the overall levels of the Transformers have been raised from 10 to 15 and it seems that the overall difficulty level has risen proportionally too much compared to that. Nobody likes to get the classic Swiss Cheese treatment, so I assure you that we’re on it.

@hxadecmel
    you make very good points, the reason why we are collecting such information is to find out whether this issue with the difficulty levels concerns

1) only android or iOS users (apparently it’s both)
    2) is the problem concentrated on a specific region (it’s not)
    3) what version is affected by this glitch

Getting any kinds of data regarding these questions help us to exclude different possibilities for the cause of the problem and possibly pinpoint whether the problem is regional, OS- or version-specific.

I’m not a developer, neither can I say that I’m an expert in developing games of any sorts, I’m just a lowly customer support representative, but I can assure you that giving the flying pigs Rambo-esque abilities to make you feel miserable was not our intention. I’m in a constant two-way communication with the developers in order to fix this Rambo glitch so everyone can get back to playing the game and enjoy it as they used to.

zwizdan007
    @zwizdan007

Croatia (EU)
    iPhone 5

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

@rumblebee thx! I think in other older threads on this forum, some of us have said that we’d be happier to pay for the game rather than suffer through the arduous restrictions imposed in the in-game purchase model.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@rumblebee Thanks for your response, Maybe I vcan provide you with some more information that might be useful. As the Very hard insta death is not the only porblem….

I currently have three “Medium” runs with LVl 10 bots that I cannot beat. I will detail them

1) Energon Soundwave: I have no idea why but I have just about enough time to shoot the 1st house (to get cube) and call in buddy as i approach the first formation of enemy. It is as relatively large group of blocks with many shotgun pigs, and a TNT box right in the middle. One of the runs i noticed a mortar tower start to stand up (I had gotten about an extra second further in this run). Normally Soundwave would hit that TNT and everything would have been blown to smithereens, and i could have called in an airstrike to put down whatever the mortar tower was going to do and kept moving. But before I can even get a shot off at the formation (Weapon still recharging from first shot at building,) I watch my stars go from 5 to zero in about 2 seconds. And i don’t even see that the shotgun pigs are really starting to shoot.

Energon Lockdown: This one in infuriating, another “Medium” and I get just about far enough to shoot a large gold block and call in buddy, then before I even reach anything of significance (I think i few flyings pigs) He starts to jump up like he stepped on a land mine or something, and then the hearts go to zero and he is dead before the 5 sec buddy even leaves, and I have not even broken a block.

Galvatron: This one i get a little bit further, enough to call in a buddy and do some damage (I usually end up with around 500 gold) but after the first “Red thing to create bridge” suddenly the “ground” starts shaking and he starts jumping like Lock down above, hearts going down. I tried switching into car mode to outrun the “shaking” as this seemed to work sometimes in the past with this bug, but no go, the stars go down quickly as I am racing through and nothing is shooting at me.

One thing of note that IS relevant to the “Rambo pigs” (I like that way of phrasing lol), is that on this run, there is one solitary shogun pig right in the beginning, and he doesn’t do much but i noticed that it suddenly takes TWO shots from Galvatron to kill him. I never noticed it before but it is illustrative of my feeling that the weapons of all bots seem to be weaker (takes more shots from an Optimus prime to destroy a gold box etc). And there has never been anything other than a mortar tower or eggbot that can survive a single shot from a level 10 Galvatron. So the Dev’s need to figure out why the Rambo pigs are stronger armored now as well, or conversely, why did all of our level 10 TF’s get a weapons downgrade?

Thanks.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@rumblebee @hxadecmel I think even if there was no waiting time after paying for lvl upgrade TF, the amount of gems sold will not increase that much.
    For example upgrade Lvl 8 to 9 just one TF, 787 gems without using coins which is the same as paying over 15 euro. More for higher lvl’s. Don’t get that rovio thinks that’s a reasonable price.

Fact is, at least for me, people play games to have/see progress in the game, the time needed before you can upgrade (to gather resources/coins) starting from lvl 8 to get higher, which will help to get progress in the game, takes too long/ or to costly. That is where you will loss players, at the moment for me probably when all my TF’s are at lvl 8.

PS @rumblebee Thanks for taking time to respond and show interest in what people post.

Rumblebee
    @rumblebee

@hxadecmel thanks for the detailed description about the issue, this and a video from one unnamed player about the apocalyptic shoot-out was enough to convince us that ”damn, yeah, it shouldn’t go like this”. I can’t go too much into detail what we are doing in our super secret laboratories, but I can tell you that I have informed the guys with more developing skills about the possibility that along with their heavy damage-making ability, the flying pigs might be made out of adamantium (oops).

Jokes aside, we know that there’s an issue with the flying pigs and we are currently looking into it and I’m very hopeful that it’ll be fixed in the future updates. Once again, I’m not in liberty to say that this is for certain, I hope you understand.

@renitz
    I appreciate your opinion! In a vacuum, paying 15 euros to upgrade your character one level seems a bit over the top, but I can’t go into that too much since I’m not the one who was responsible for developing the game or who decided that this would be the amount of gems needed to upgrade your character. However, it is so valuable to us to hear what the things are that really irk our players BEFORE they contemplate whether to quit the game or not, rather than wondering afterwards what went wrong. Hearing you guys out really makes our job a lot easier, so we can take these things into consideration. Hearing out your recommendations helps us to configure the game in a way that doesn’t burn out people’s passion for the game because of something that could be easily fixed.

I can’t promise you that the way of upgrading your characters will change, but I can assure you that your recommendations will be heard and they will be forwarded to our developers and other people who are responsible for the game. After all, this game is made for you, so it’s just natural that we love to hear your opinion about it, so thank you for being so active inside this community, it really means a lot to us.

quietly_myself
    @aefilms

It’s not just that you’ve increased the overall levels of each TF, but that you’ve also decreased their abilities alongside this. All but 5 of my bots are level 10, but their abilities are significantly reduced since the upgrade.

Example, Galvatron used to be able to kill shotgun pigs with a single blast – now it takes 2 or 3. Ultimate Optimus used to be able to destroy stone blocks with a single shot, now it takes 2. And what’s happened to Soundwave? He was awesome at level 10 prior to the upgrade, now he’s largely ineffective. Energon Soundwave too.

It’s really annoying to spend so long upgrading to the top level only to have the goalposts moved just as you reach your target. For completeness sake I intend to upgrade the last 5 to level 10 then I think I’m done with this game :(

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@rumblebee Here’s some more details on where I’m at now. The three previously mentionied levels are still there, the next three are:

Bumblebee “Very hard” I dont even get to the point of being able to cal in a buddy before being shredded by 3 (visible) shotgun pigsw. I usually manage to kill one of them before I die.

Regular Soundwave “Hard.” I can get to the point where I call in a buddy but before he leaves I am annulled because there are a swarm of flying pigs right off an i have to transform to dodge 4 monoliths, the bye time i clear the fourth one and start to transform to fight back, I am dead.

Bludgeon “Very hard” I have tried many times to beat this level and Cannot. Different from my experience Here yesterday in that this is a strange pig city level and there are very few buildings with which to get Energon cubes and shield myself. I am barely able to crack 300 Gold so I’m not going to keep trying it. However what I am planning to do, Is wait 4 hours for Arcee to get to level 8, then Upgrade Bludgeon to level 11. I’ll report back in a day and a half and let you know if the level was playable.

So right now I’m completely STUCK, Waiting for Skywarp tomorrow so I can waste 31 gems to free up 3 nodes and actually play the game. My Silo is full of everything but I’ll keep the missions going because you can get a (paltry number) of gems, some good coin and good pigs, and of course harvesting very 4 hours. I am using so many gems in this way I am going to ask Rivio for some kind of credit. I shouldn’t have to use something that costs money in order to make play a free game, IMHO. Thanks again.

Anonymous

@rumblebee I know this is kinda of off topic but is there anything you could tell me about the constant freezing and unfreezing for Android Lollipop? Like whenever I play a level it freezes for about 20 seconds then unfreezes. It happens about 5 times per level and I stopped doing actual gameplay because of how annoying it is. I have the newest version of the game and using a Galaxy S4.

Anonymous

@rumblebee I know this is kinda off topic but is there anything you could tell me about the constant freezing and unfreezing for Android Lollipop? Like whenever I play a level it freezes for about 20 seconds then unfreezes. It does this about 5 times in a level and I stopped doing actual gameplay because of how annoying it is. I have the newest version of the game and using a Galaxy S4.

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

Thank you @rumblebee I hoped a video would help ;-)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Rovio!! Nerf the DIFFICULTY settings

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.