Rovio!! Nerf the DIFFICULTY settings

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Rovio!! Nerf the DIFFICULTY settings

• Dear Rovio seems like you will be loosing players at a drastic rate…
    Just Nerf the difficulty of the pigs, level 10 transformers are dying in secs..

This is how my Barrack looks like!!
    Out of 6 transformers 5 are regenerating dere health and they have died 3 times each and one transformer is the Mission Portal process..

Difficulty

Difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • Replies
  • WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

This is a waste of time. You play a level, die within 3 seconds with a score of 12 coins; spend 600 to reload, wait 2 hours, play again, die within 3 seconds with a score of 12 coins… There’s no fun, just a steadily dwindling coin stash. I have lost thousands of coins reaching the conclusion that the game is completely stuffed. Plus, to add insult to injury, I had just started an upgrade of my last TF from level 9 to 10 – cost 250,000 and 2.5 days. Now I see that if I were to have bought this today, it would cost 100,000 and take a day or so. Not that there’s any point upgrading anything since you can’t play with them any more.

Victor
    @victor

This is a recurring problem with Angry Birds Transformers. The levels are either too easy or too hard. Before this latest update, the former was the case (especially if your bots were all level 9 or 10). Now they are way too hard. Seems to me that more testing before the release would have prevented this.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yeah, game balance is definitely a problem here.

A challenging level is what keeps the game interesting.

But instant death isn’t a challenge – it’s just what makes us decide to leave the game.

The fact that we need “Super Rareium” to advance past L10 is what’s going to get people to drop out for good. This special material isn’t dropping quickly enough, so unless you’re willing to spend huge numbers of gems to compensate it’s going to take forever to upgrade your TFs.

PhoenixTM
    @jbowen1703

That is’nt right getting killed within 3 Seconds?!

FatBoy
    @aleks10

same here, very dissapointed, it is not playable anymore…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@jbowen1703

“That is’nt right getting killed within 3 Seconds?!”

Time always seems shorter when you’re concentrating on something, but I believe the basic premise (i.e. the levels are now too difficult) still holds true.

On some of the really tough ones I’m dead within 15 seconds.

It all depends on what the game conditions are.

But I don’t doubt that the 3 second death is plausible if you run into a horde of shotgun pigs right at the start of a Very Hard node and you’re running with an Energon Variant TF.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Same experience here. I’ve left five TFs on the board who I’m not using coins to regenerate again until I have enough coin and special items to upgrade to level 11. Prior to the update, this problem seemed to go away for a while when a TF ranked up.

…then, a few minutes ago, I played a node labelled as very hard with a level 10 TF…and cruised through with a level 13 buddy, who I didn’t bother to watch a video to get any extra time as I figured he would experience insta-death as the others had (those were rated easy and medium). It’s been talked about for a while in other threads that this functionality of the game has been <inset polite word here>…lacking…for months.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m pretty confused about how Rovio is scaling difficulty now.

Ever since I updated to v.1.5.15 2.5 days ago, I’ve been stuck with an Energon Lockdown on “Medium” difficulty in a Wild West node. I’d tried about half a dozen times to clear the node, but was getting ripped to shreds each time. So I finally gave up and started a 1d12h upgrade to L11.

My upgrade finished 5 minutes ago, and I just completed the node, finishing it at full health!

Hard to believe that Energon Lockdown became that much more powerful simply going from L10 to L11, but I didn’t play him any differently than I would normally.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

I wouldn’t know about this, because the game doesn’t load for me. Based on the boards here, it seems like that’s the case with a lot of people.

I’ve heard that there is a way around this by uninstalling and reinstalling your game, but this can cause you to lose all your data.

Considering how long it took me to level up my bots, I’ll just wait for the inevitable patch fix.

Anonymous

@marioandsonic I did this and you won’t lose data. After unlocking Bumblebee just connect to FB and your data comes back.

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

Agreed. I have had a couple “Easy” or “Medium” where I died in the first 2 or 3 seconds before buddy button was ready & have no idea how it happened (usually in the upper portion to the right of the cosmic dome), yet some “Hard” or “Very Hard” that didn’t seem hard in the least.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

@partshade

Really?

Okay…I’ll hold you to that.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

@partshade

It worked.

Neat.

Steve
    @auditorydemise

I have 3 nodes at “Very Hard” and I guess I’m going to wait each day and blow them up for 3 gems. We’ve seen this before and hopefully Rovio fixes it!

MysticBurn
    @renitz

A well, thought i found a nice replacement for the debacle they call angry birds epic, but this going in same direction. Why, why mess with the difficulty in these games. Yeah 3 to 5 sec sounds about right, for me already in medium levels. To lvl up characters now coins and stupid items, missions to get those stupid items which you can’t influence other who you send on mission and how many (extra cost, lot of gems ofcourse, i started not long ago, so don’t have that many yet). How is outcome of the missions determined. Also undiscovered spots jump from 100 to 145, wtf.

One constant in all their games, they know how to ruin the fun in playing over time.

SoloAz
    @soloaz

I haven’t run into this problem yet. None of my TFs are at L10. In fact, all except Arcee are at L6 and L7. There are a few hard nodes, but I’ve been able to successfully complete about 75% of them. It may very well have to do with the fact that I uninstalled and reinstalled—and maybe that sorted itself out. Also, I’ve been using the Mission Portals to get my hands on the Rarerium. I have 3/5 so far. I have yet to see it show up in a node as a drop.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

Whenever on levels when it shows how hard it will be (like Easy, Medium, or Hard), I find that inaccurate because when I try one that says ‘Easy’, it really means ‘Extremely Hard’ because the Pigbots are always WAY stronger than should be, do WAY more damage than should be! Even my toughest Transformers are no match for this glitch

julrey
    @julrey

@soloaz: “I haven’t run into this problem yet. None of my TFs are at L10. In fact, all except Arcee are at L6 and L7”

From what I’ve seen this only seems to be happening to L10 TFs. My problem is that these seem to be the only ones that the game wants to queue up nodes for, and it’s Very Hard every single time. Well, I powered up my L10 TFs from the weakest first so I basically don’t have any powerful or durable enough to make it through any of these nodes.

So basically the game has turned into one big holding pattern for me, where I complete the one node that the game deems to give me at a sane difficulty setting, gather a few thousand coins and then wait for that one node to regenerate because the rest are tied up with nodes I can’t beat.

It almost seems less of a “glitch” and more of a deliberate ploy to get those of us who have invested in the game since the beginning to finally break down and either buy Jenga or pay for crystals so we can bomb the nodes we can’t beat. I’ve only got Arcee up to L4 but I can already see that I’m going to struggle to harvest coins fast enough to initiate the next upgrade as soon as the last one finishes.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yeah, right now I can’t play the game at all, because out of my six TFs on the map, four of them I’ve chosen to leave at zero health because when I run them I can’t consistently break even (i.e. earn at least 600 coins). And of the other two, one is upgrading and the other one is on a mission. So basically I’m just going in every 3-4 hours and harvesting some coins.

@julrey

“It almost seems less of a “glitch” and more of a deliberate ploy to get those of us who have invested in the game since the beginning to finally break down and either buy Jenga or pay for crystals so we can bomb the nodes we can’t beat.”

Or pay for crystals/gems so we can instantly upgrade the TFs that are currently stuck at L10.

I’ve also noticed that going from L10 to L11 makes a massive difference. Of the TFs I’ve upgraded from L10 to L11, all of them were getting pounded at L10, but successfully completed their nodes on the first or second runs after upgrading to L11.

julrey
    @julrey

@optimuspig: “I’ve also noticed that going from L10 to L11 makes a massive difference. Of the TFs I’ve upgraded from L10 to L11, all of them were getting pounded at L10, but successfully completed their nodes on the first or second runs after upgrading to L11.”

This is what makes me think it probably is a legitimate glitch, even if it’s one that encourages us to line Rovio’s pockets. It seems to be happening exclusively with my L10 guys. Problem is that’s all they seem to want to queue up nodes for right now and I can’t harvest crystals fast enough to blow up the nodes that I can’t beat.

Also, I haven’t made any progress on upgrading anyone to L11 at all… I haven’t even gotten Airachnid unlocked but even so I’ve spent the past couple days just trying to get Arcee up to an acceptable level. They aren’t lining up impossible nodes for Arcee necessarily, but at lower levels she’s not exactly harvesting a lot of coin either.

Looks like ultimately, by the time Rovio fixes this glitch, most of us will have already powered through it for the most part. It’s just the game is really, really lame right now.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Lame is right. Been experiencing all the same things noted in the last few comments. And, my TFs have been on 8 or 9 missions and no sign of Arcee or Airachnid. I’m “gem poor”, so throwing 5 gems at changing a mission is not worth it, since no guarantee the new TF will appear as a mission reward.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@julrey I don’t think it’s a glitch. I think it’s by-design, to encourage more people to buy and spend gems once they figure out that speeding upgrades from L10 to L11 is the only way to make the game playable again.

Unfortunately, I was stupid and spent much of my gems prior to the update. Otherwise I’d be much closer to Rank 275 than I am now.

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

I would almost bet that there are some Shotgun or Kamikaze Pigs that are off the vision of the playing screen (one in Pig City & another in the green grassy area). I can’t figure out how on a few select medium or hard events I keep dying in 3 or 4 seconds when I have already taken care of what was visible???

SoloAz
    @soloaz

It almost seems less of a “glitch” and more of a deliberate ploy to get those of us who have invested in the game since the beginning to finally break down and either buy Jenga or pay for crystals so we can bomb the nodes we can’t beat.

Well, @julrey, I hope that isn’t the case—but it seems everyone agrees. I was an early adopter of the game, but I was 1 part cheapskate and 2 parts hoarder. So before this last update, rather than upgrade my TFs, I focused on accummulating coins and gems. I’m not at L200 because I also thought I would be better off waiting ’til the update to rank up (so I could open areas faster with lower-level TFs), but then no new areas were rolled out. So now I’m actually upgrading with the stash of coins I was busy hoarding.

Hopefully Rovio will listen to what players are saying and provide better options to get gems—like in Jenga mode, which I still think needs major work, despite the fact that I have very literally made back my investment in coins—or at the very least, balance the difficulty scales.

Rumblebee
    @rumblebee

Hello guys,

Just wanted to let you know that your concerns are heard and thus not ignored! This issue with almost impossible difficulty levels should have been fixed a while back (obviously it didn’t work for all), but in order for us to fix it literally for everyone, could you provide us information about it:

What device are you using while playing the game?
    What is the location of your residence? (country or a region is close enough)
    If you have an older version than the 1.5.15 or 1.5.18, what is the version that you’re using?

You can reply either to this comment with your information or send email to https://support.rovio.com/ and we will look into it more closely.

Thank you already for providing us with valuable information about the game, we really appreciate reading your comments, it truly helps us to develop the game and make it a better experience for everyone.

Best regards,

Rovio Support Team

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Rovio!! Nerf the DIFFICULTY settings

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.