Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I spent a couple of lives looking at today’s DC. No thanks. Got ten more new levels to finish first.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Reached the third stage today easily enough but it took a few tries getting to the final Boss room. Then I wasted two of my three remaining birds when both bounced ineffectually off their targets but Matilda saved the day by somehow taking out the Boss single-handedly (much to my amazement).

At the moment, so bored with plodding through the Pig Apple and the prospect of yet more tedium with yesterday’s new levels, more of the same, that the Daily Challenge seems like fun by comparison, so using/losing my lives there instead!

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Today’s DC: World #3- I wish I had 7 Blues cards to fire. Everything was spread out among the screen on small platforms or floating balloons. 6 screens including the Boss level with plenty of scientist pigs, magic wand pigs and immortal micropigs.

Made it to the boss level on my last life and last bird, and not surprisingly needed just one more bird to knock him off, so forced to pay the 60 gems to finally do it. Rovio set me up and I took the bait >:(

Is it just me or is Terrence getting more and more useless with every update? Three times I fired him into a structure (wood blocks, wood/glass combo, and wood/balloon combo), and three times he stopped dead without even breaking one thing.

At one point I got so frustrated I blindly cast Blues into a myriad of floating/balancing structures made of stone, balloons, etc, and to my surprise I cleared the screen with that one hit, when I would have never thought to select them for that screen. I know there’s been claims that Rovio is screwing around with the gameplay/physics to keep players confused in-game and this kind of thing makes me believe it.

LSALT007
    @lsalt007

LOL!! Today’s D.C. 5-6-2016 was rather amusing for 2 reasons, one- that I keep playing with the hopes that Rovio has fixed the ‘bug’ that has mysteriously/suddenly shown up that denies me the rewards as soon as the First Red Chest goes to open, two- that when I got to the ‘Boss’ pig screen all of the TNT boxes spontaneously blew up while the level was loading/being built and as soon as the ship dropped off the Boss Pig he fell down into the pit without me having to fling a single bird!! It still closed out without giving me my rewards again but at least I saved the time on the Boss screen! Lol!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Today’s DC was fair again.
    Winter wonderland (one of my favourite parts in the game btw), the second room took me 3 tries and the boss took took me 2 tries but it was doable overall. More feathers, and Red and Silver are slowly approaching rank 5 :)

flingmaster
    @flingmaster

I noticed something weird with the DC bug that gives rewards at the end of a level. Each day it favors a specific bird. Yesterday for me it was terence and today it was matilda. Thanks to this bug red, chuck, terence and silver are now azure but i don’t think bomb will catch up soon.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Today’s DC was a PITA. Finished my new levels yesterday so got to play it today. I don’t like it when the boss has to bounce around and slowly take damage. The birds expire and I ended up burning gems to get another bird to bounce around until the boss died. But it was worth it, 100 feathers and the chest gave me another 150. Of course I got a duck and … a chili. Still don’t have a single blizzard.

AngryBroaf
    @shoemacher

Today I encountered a fun little glitch in the DC. I cleared all the pigs in a room, but the game would not advance. There isn’t a pig in sight. No pig making noises either, so I would at least know to look for one. Flung a few other birds, destroyed more of the tiny bits of structure left, to no avail. Finally just force quit out of the application. Happy to post screen shots (if someone can tell me how). @bankler

reddie
    @reddie250

I got through the first two levels of today’s DC no problem. The boss level on the other hand was pretty difficult (6 rooms) and it took me three tries to win the rewards. 100 black, 150 red, and the usual duck and chili.

I have a nice little tip for you guys. On the next to last room in the boss level, if you have Red, battle cry the top part of the second structure and the steam geyser will blow em all towards the structure closest to you.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I got today’s DC on the first try – this particular boss usually doesn’t give me too much trouble, but I mostly passed the rooms leading up to it due to sheer luck and a golden pig or two.

This time around I cleared the balloons supporting the boss pig from below – usually I knock the stuff above down on to him and that also collapses the supports below him. I used Blues and I got lucky when one of them came back around, popped a few balloons supporting the upper structure, and a bunch of debris slid into the chute to knock the Boss around. it still took a few minutes of watching him bounce around for him to actually die, but it was way less tedious than it normally is.

The main trick with this one is to not fire a bird under ANY circumstances until the boss comes to a complete stop. Trying to hit him when he’s a moving target is futile, and you can watch him bounce around indefinitely (my aforementioned geyser glitch notwithstanding) as long as you have a bullet left in the chamber.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

“… as long as you have a bullet left in the chamber.”

That is the key, David. I was impatient as I was taking a road trip and couldn’t play during the day. Weekends are tough for me because I am usually out and about instead of at work. I play the arena early to get what I can, and that starts the DC.

I get to play a lot more during the week because I work in IT. Either everything is working and I have down time or I am watching progress bars and have plenty of time while doing that. :)

David Martin
    @david-martin

I know what you mean. I’m a programmer, and I spend a lot of my work day putting out fires and then typically have downtime when the 9-to-5-ers go home and I’m in the office until 7 or so, so when work has been slow lately, I’ve been busting out the Daily Challenge.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Beat the DC again this morning thanks to the tip about closing the app so I don’t have to get through the first two levels again. Got 100 feathers and the treasure chest gave me …

wait for it …

a chili spell.

Rovio is torturing me with chili spells. I don’t even use spells and now I have almost 50 chili spells and about 25 ducks and almost as many inflators. And not a single blizzard. I would like to get a blizzard just so I could complain about getting a blizzard. LOL

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I cleared today’s DC as well, although the boss level was torture (the last room as well as the four rooms before it). On the seventh try I had Terence left to sling. He finally did the magic – his direct damage against bosses is simply devastating.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

You know it is going to be a bad day when red’s scream doesn’t topple a tower, chuck bounces off a wooden structure and micro-pigs sit right next to bomb and survive. I haven’t even got to the boss yet.

Edit: Well, finally got to the boss with no birds left and saw the room. Nope, not going to happen. I hate that kind of room. Still played here and there during the day to kill time while I rebuilt a computer, and with seven minutes to go and on my last life, boom, I beat it. Chest gave me 250 feathers. That makes up for the chili spells. Sort of. Maybe. Birds are collecting feathers much faster than before the daily challenge so that is a good thing.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Today’s challenge: 100% BS. Used up three rounds of lives and never even saw the boss screen.
    I found today that my birds’ abilities suddenly stopped working at SEVERAL times (not just one-offs)- eg, Red’s shout being completely ineffectual, Blues bouncing off balloons, Bomb exploding right beside a tower and nothing gets blown up… you get the picture.

Oh plus all the “How in the world did that happen” moments.

Like this one… obliterated the entire structure save for one immortal micropig who also managed to fall and balance himself on a totally untouched piece of wood.

View post on imgur.com

And this one… I detonated the entire building. The micropig miraculously survived and floated around outside the gravity beam, before falling outside of it and somehow being sucked back into it when he was already beyond the platform. Impossible to get him now… see below:

View post on imgur.com

Seriously this is enough to make me want to quit the game.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Oh man, I feel your frustration @djlarryt. During yesterday’s challenge I used Red to push a building over that had a micropig sitting on a ledge on the right side. The building came down on top of him and he somehow survived. WTMFH.

Gravity Grove is a fun concept, but there are far too many level layouts that routinely take 3 or more birds to clear and/or have balloon-heavy structures that are massive bird-wasters if you don’t have Bomb handy. I wouldn’t mind that if these layouts were interspersed with “breathers” that generally only require one bird. I too didn’t make it to the boss screen today and I gave up after 10 or 15 tries.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Didn’t make it past the boss level today. Stupid Gravity Grove levels – the birds go anywhere they want because of gravity zones and there’s always a micropiggie remaining somewhere in a spot where it’s only reachable with certain birds that I won’t have anymore by this point.

reddie
    @reddie250

I had the same problem too for yesterday’s DC. I really wanted to get lucky w/o having to spend 60 gems with red bird but things were just not going my way.

As for today’s DC, skipping that. And i had a reason to do so, since I didn’t need any more blue feathers since they’re already in diamond.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Oh! Oh! Finally got into the boss screen… but check out what happened!!

I’m calling total BS on this entire f**king thing. After paying gems to get into this lousy screen, I got the boss to fly around the eternal loop between portals. However, at one point when trying to knock him out of the loop, I threw my Silver into the path and swooped underneath, knocking him upwards out of the screen.

Check out where he landed… can’t see him? Look to the very top far right…

BS pure and simple. Had to sacrifice my birds because the Boss Pig never fell back down. This is garbage.

View post on imgur.com

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

We can probably manifest as DC rule #1:
    If the DC is garbage, don’t throw gems into it.

In other words: If you can’t beat the DC after your first set of hearts has run out, it’s not worth the stress and time and gems. (That’s what I do since about a week.)
    If you get very close to beating the boss the 60 gems can be worth it since the rewards are easily worth more than that. More worth it if you’ve already done the boss level before and have a good strategy (and the right birds) to clear it.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@smwforever45 – Those are words to live by! I only rarely spend gems on the DC, and only then when I know for a fact that beating the boss is just a matter of having enough birds to fire (meaning it’s not one of the many obnoxious bosses who can get stuck on a single, stupid square of wood or stone and not budge from the spot or take much of any damage from any bird you can fire at him). The rooms leading up to the boss are often designed to rip you off by making it nearly impossible to conserve birds. So the boss himself is rarely the actual problem. Once I’m on that screen, the hard part’s generally over.

Lately I’ve adopted a policy of quitting the DC after a single set of hearts is exhausted and not going back to it when my lives replenish a few hours later. Mainly because I have a disease that I like to call “Video Game Tourette’s”, and my wife and the neighbors need to get some sleep.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Seems we have all developed a similar strategy where the DC is concerned, only use gems if the boss is on the ropes.

Larry, looks like the curse of the micro-pigs is strong with you. But that boss has to be one of the worst things I have ever seen in this game. Sometimes I just sit and look at the screen for several minutes in disbelief of what just happened knowing there is no way I can resolve it.

Delano Jennings
    @delano-jennings

Not a fan. It dangles spells & feathers as prizes but usually end up using gems to continue since 6 level boss stages are always tough. I’m dumb for falling for it & wasting gems I could use to get more tries at tourney. Winning 1 duck & a chili plus few feathers ain’t worth it. Hope they stop it

woo224
    @woo224

Here’s a very useful tip: If you are about to fail level 2 or 3 and force stop the app and then restart it, your progress won’t be reset! That way, the only penalty is losing one life, regardless of whether you flung a bird or not. Let everyone here know if this saves you time and frustration!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.