Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 551 through 575 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • swanamaker
    @swanamaker

8/23 – Got to room 6 on my first attempt but with no birds. Tried 3 or 4 more times and never got back to room 6. Next attempt got there with Terrance but couldn’t kill the boss him so used 60 gems to keep going. Took 2 of the 3 birds to get the boss.

Reward was 150 white feathers in the treasure chest. Better than yesterday when I got, you guessed it, 2 blizzards!

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

8/24 3rd attempt; 2 ducks.

swanamaker
    @swanamaker

8/24. 1st attempt. 100 blue feathers.

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

This is what’s stupid about the DC: So far, after 8 attempts I have still not cleared the boss room. Why?

Three times in the first room of the Boss level, I cleared the screen and received a free card (for the bird I used) and filled the destructo-meter again due to the damage from a “Strike”. Yet because we are not allowed spells in the Boss levels, I won’t receive another card until I use another card because my flock is full. So the meter just fills and then wipes back out.

By room 4 I run out of birds (ONCE I made it into the Boss room but again, ran out of cards). Even when going into ‘pity mode’ with the next screen granting a golden pig, the ‘bird-wasters’ (magician, laser pig, balloon pig, etc etc etc) use up the birds I have. And I’m NOT paying gems to finish. Would have been nice to get that card I should have had and maybe I’d have succeeded in completing the DC.

An extra card can make all the difference.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi.
    A suggestion.
    Why not leave the DC open even after you have finished it?
    It is fun and good practice!

Regards.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

8/25 4th attempt (-60gems); 150 yellow feathers.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

The elation from beating the DC at first attempt today soon dissipated on the chest opening to reveal two blizzards. However the white feathers did get Matilda ranked up so can’t really complain…

emeulman
    @emeulman

Why is it that my daughter who playes AB 2 on her iPad, had only 5 levels in the BOSS level of the daily challenge of 25 august 2016 and I have to perform 6 levels in the BOSS level?

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@emeulman – I had 6 in the Boss level today too, playing on an iPad. It seems to vary as yesterday I had 2-3-5, whereas today it was 3-4-6.

emeulman
    @emeulman

Yes, but why does is vary on two different systems for the same daily challenge then?

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@emeulman – sorry I can’t answer the question, but it was reported on this thread some time ago that on any one day some had a 6 room Boss level while others only had 5 to beat – maybe just random as I seem to get a mixture of both playing day to day.

swanamaker
    @swanamaker

8/25 2nd attempt (-60gems); 2 effing ducks.

There is no way I could envision finishing level 3 without spending gems today.

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

@emeulman Probably because Rovio believes that rigging the game for certain players is OK.

If your bird flock levels/spells in reserve/gem amounts on hand/ progress levels are higher than your daughter’s, therefore you should be a better player and deserve harder screens to clear. Or if you are more likely to spend real $$$ to get virtual gems (if you’ve already done it before for example) then the same rule applies.

My bird levels/star count/etc are rather high, so I only ever see a 6-level Boss screen on the DC (I’ve even had 7 rooms a few times which is complete BS).

***UPDATE*** spent 240 gems ans STILL couldn’t get through it today. Gee Rovio at least kiss me before you f**k me. >:(

HaoleDave
    @haoledave

8/25 1st attempt (no gems). Got 100 White feathers (kind of crappy considering I already get that).

Worked really well once I got the Foreman over to the right using all of the flowers. Then a well-placed Terrence to blow up the bridge and he fell right down. Was my last bird as well!

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

8/26 Epic fail; saw once room five but unluckily without birds.

emeulman
    @emeulman

Again 6 rooms and to few birds!

swanamaker
    @swanamaker

8/26: 1st attempt (-60 gems). 150 gray feathers.

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

Wow I’m on my 15th or so attempt and still haven’t even made it to the boss screen to get a look at it. :(

And at this rate it doesn’t look like I will. I think I’ll just forget about succeeding at this today (well of course unless I decide to give Rovio another 240 gems to complete it, which isn’t on the agenda because I’m getting sick of playing this game. I can’t even pass the 4th screen of the boss room which has 6 rooms).

Part of the problem is that I’m accomplishing 2 potential cards on the first screen, and my 2nd card is wiped out because my flock gets full (see above), then I’m running out of cards. Then it takes longer to get another card, so I come up short.

Well that and the fact that there are laser beam pigs on EVERY screen.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Today’s Gravity Grove challenge is a bear. Took me a few tries to get to the boss screen at all – for those who are wondering, it’s the final boss from level 540 (I think), the one who repeatedly flies horizontally through portals and you have to hope enough stuff glances off of him in midair to do damage. If he falls through the orange portal on the bottom and grounds himself down by your slingshot, you’ll have to waste another bird to kick him back into the cycle. Two or three birds should be sufficient to take him out, unless you have the kind of rotten luck I do. Of course they’ve loaded up this challenge with all of the worst room layouts from Gravity Grove, where it’s really hard to take out two structures with one bird and you often need three birds to clear a room. I like Gravity Grove, but come on, if you’re gonna make the last round of the DC a sixer, at least give me one or two rooms where getting a Strike is remotely feasible.

swanamaker
    @swanamaker

I feel like that sometimes. Couldn’t believe I got to room 6 with 1 bird left on the first attempt today. I got lucky in a couple of the earlier rooms and decided it was worth the 60 gems since I might not make it back to room 6 for the rest of the day.

AngryBroaf
    @shoemacher

@angryplayer I think one trick to combat this, is if you see that you’re about to fill the destruct-o-meter, and you know you’re going to have to use another bird in that room to knock down another structure, to move quickly to do so, so that the destruct-o-meter actually gives you back a bird, rather than fills and vanishes without giving you anything (because you’ve already maxed out at 7 birds). If you fling a bird and have six left, then when the meter fills, you get a bird right back. Of course, this only works if you don’t get a strike initially (which happens sometimes, and the meter fills twice, in which case you get one bird back and lose out on the second) or if you both 1. notice in time that the meter is filling up and 2. notice that you need to fling another bird to clear the room–and get it done!

HaoleDave
    @haoledave

8/26….

I don’t know how many tries, but I finally got it. There was 4 minutes left so I was finally able to get to the boss with 0 birds, so I decided to spend 60 gems. Was able to kill the pig!

Definitely the hardest one I’ve ever faced… Just glad I got the 30 Black Pearls…

Edit: 2 Gold Ducks as reward.

emeulman
    @emeulman

8/27: Again a bullshit level. Again 6 rooms in the Boss level and after 5 attemps still nu luck to get near the last room. ALso I hate it when the rooms always change when you have to start over again. Never the same rooms!

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

8/27 Failed again, spent all gems i had but nothing.

reddie
    @reddie250

8/26 – I absolutely hated the Gravity Grove DC. It took me 10 effing tries to pass this monstrosity. Room 4’s big structure at the top is a beast (castle with balloons in the middle)!

8/27 – I tried this one this morning, but totally failed. Later, after spending gems on the ninth try, I finally beaten it and my reward was 2 unnecessary ducks.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 551 through 575 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.