Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • heybert17
    @heybert17

Today’s daily challenge is annoying me. I have 2 more tries before my time runs out. I can make it too the boss with 3 or 4 birds, but the 1 time Blue would be handy to get rid of all the annoying balloons, I never have him. I can close, but always 1 stupid balloon or something still holding him up.

edit: Would like to say last time was the charm, but with time already expired, I got him with my second to last life.

kelshe
    @kelshe

@dwhite40704 Agree completely. I’ve never owned a business, but I’ve been the CEO of 4 different operations. Commitment to customer care, service and satisfaction made it possible to make payroll, pay the bills and put money in the bank. Rovio says the right things to customers but do they back it up with action or is it just lip service? Do they have a mission statement and, if so, do they base decisions on that statement or is it just for show? Successful businesses make their decisions conform with the statement; they don’t twist the statement to conform with their decisions. If company execs have the discipline to adhere to the statement and if the statement is worded to strongly favor customer support, then the bottom line should take care of itself. Maybe Scandinavian businesses operate on a different model. Your bankruptcy theory is interesting. At best Rovio seems good-hearted well-intentioned but disorganized and somewhat incompetent in some areas. At worst they seem…well, you finish that for yourself. The former is correctable. The latter is…

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Good stuff.

I would love to view Rovio in a “Homer Simpsonesque” light. Good hearted but just naive. But based on the daily tweaking for the sake of greed and the feeling I get when I see Terence hit a twig and fall dead backwards, I’m more inclined to associate Rovio with Dr Evil.

I think most of us have more similarities in our viewpoints than we do differences. Enjoyed the conversation ladies and gents. Lord willing I will catch you all tomorrow.

kelshe
    @kelshe

Saphira, now that my birds are maxed out at 10, I am, once again, getting only spells in the DC. Now the only place to get feathers is in the arena.

kelshe
    @kelshe

DC streak is now 14 of 17. The DC has become very playable and winnable. I wouldn’t go so far as to say that its a sure thing or easy, but most players probably have enjoyed more wins of late. It’s still challenging but now it’s enjoyable.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@kelshe – I agree. When I do win I tend to only have one or zero birds remaining, so it’s a tight victory, but somehow that makes it more satisfying than if it had been super-easy.

@heybert17
    – I almost had your situation with yesterday’s DC boss, but I got lucky with Matilda. I basically put her on a trajectory to pop all the balloons, and she knocked the boss off his ledge with enough force to take out part of the platform below and the balloons supporting it, so I got him in one shot. Every time I play that particular boss, I seem to beat him a completely different way than before. (Or I don’t beat him at all, which is somewhat common.)

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

No dice for me today guys. I could not get the job done. 3-4-5.

reddie
    @reddie250

Didn’t fare any better on the water level yesterday.

As for today…let’s just say I got lucky (it’s the dreaded Gravity Grove w/ six rooms). The room layouts are at least more tolerable especially in the third room when you have a huge structure made mostly of stone but still difficult. It took me 9 tries to get the job done. On the boss room, my Bomb came through draining a huge chunk of Foreman’s health and caused the debris from above to KO the Foreman.

My reward in the chest was a Mighty Eagle!

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Gave up on yesterday’s – 3-4-6 having reached the boss a couple of times but with no birds left.

Today’s also 3-4-6 but successful with just Terrence for the final room – enough to dislodge the boss and get him moving around until he knocked himself out.

@reddie250
    – swap your Mighty Eagle for the two blizzards I got?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I usually skip the DC these days, nothing there worth fighting for. Then Reddie said it was the anti-gravity levels so I had to take a look. Got it on the first try. Boss pig went into the infinite loop but Terrance was it it with him. I almost wanted to feel sorry for the guy, but I just couldn’t bring myself around to that. There is just something about those anti-gravity levels and me, it is like magic. Everything falls apart if a so much as give it a dirty look.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@captsternn I am having the exact opposite experience. I’m normally pretty good at Gravity Grove, but I suck at “moving target” bosses. I’ve passed this boss a few times in level 513 or 514, whichever level it’s from, but I got lucky every time and I have no repeatable strategy for it, so today, despite reaching that screen at least five times, I couldn’t pass it, despite getting pretty lucky and one-birding several of the earlier screens.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I didn’t need to deal with a moving target, David. Like I said, Terrance got in the loop with the boss and they were not moving at the same speed. Terrance knocked the boss into it so there was already a lot of damage, then they just went round and round and Terrance kept catching up and hitting him. I just sat back and watched hoping Terrance wouldn’t expire. He didn’t.

I got a chili, two ducks, a chili and a duck. Birds are all maxed out. That is why I don’t fight with the DC these days.

(I sure do post a lot for somebody that wasn’t going to contribute much anymore. I guess some of the fun is returning. But only some, and only because I deliberately limit what I do to some extent. I miss the old days when everything was a challenge and struggle and limited. I hope the next update does right.)

David Martin
    @david-martin

I’ve done that same trick with Terence in the loop, but he always disappears too soon.

David Martin
    @david-martin

OK, I ended up eating my words. Gave the DC one last try without about 7 minutes left on the clock, and I managed to knock the boss out of the loop with some falling debris. The error in my strategy was to knock down the floating structures up top first, dealing a small amount of damage to the boss and setting him in motion. Turns out it’s easier to just give him a direct hit with Good ol’ Terence, then drop stuff on him from above rather than trying to hit him in motion. Still no guarantee this’ll always work, but that’s how I pulled it off this time around.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

My challenge today (Saturday) an undemanding 2-3-5 with another final boss room you can strike with the one bird – get the boss bouncing around on the trampoline and he literally knocks himself out.

At least I got feathers from the chest this time, rather than yesterday’s booby prize of two blizzards!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Today’s DC was fair and square, despite being Pigsyland-themed I had less trouble with the balloon, construction and magician pigs than I expected. Got it on the third try after failing on a stone structure at the first try (see the Bad Luck topic), then having very bad luck with several immortal pigs on the second try.
    2-3-5 rooms like @djangosmum… unfortunately, my chest only gave two ducks.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Pretty fair DC today. 2-3-5. Two sets of feathers, a duck and a chili.

reddie
    @reddie250

I had the same room structure too (2-3-5) and I won in one try. In the last room, I used bomb to get to where King Pig was. The debris over King took out a big chunk of his health and I just let King bounce and kill himself.

My reward was a much needed 100 feathers for Terence. He’s getting really close to being in diamond like the rest of my birds.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

My DC today was 3-4-6 and Hamalayas-themed. Decided to spend 60 gems in room 5 of the final level at the risk of possibly getting a bad boss.
    It was Chef Pig, inside a funnel where you threw debris at him. After the debris was gone he was still at ~2/3rd of his health. I already feared the worst but I noticed I got Terence as one of the 3 cards. Threw him at Chef Pig and he landed on top of him and sat there draining his entire HP down. That was amusing. :P Got 100 feathers for Terence (bringing him to level 6) and another 100 for Mathilda, as well as the usual duck and chilli.

reddie
    @reddie250

You and me both, RedYoshi — my Terence also landed on Chef Pig and wiped him out (and that was on my third try today). In addition to the Terence feathers and the usual spells (he’s finally in Diamond), I also won 100 Blue feathers from the chest.

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

Today’s Terence DC is pretty much impossible with the boss (6 rooms), so I’ve just given up. The developers really annoy me big time…

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

3-4-6. Another very doable DC. Feathers duck and chili. Just used Matilda then Terrence to break the Boss. The first 3 rooms of level one were the hardest for me.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

2-3-5 for me today. I thought it was very fun!! Lots of lava rivers or whatever they are. Cool.

reddie
    @reddie250

Same room numbering as Dwhite (those are actually goo slides). Got it all in one try but too bad I got the blizzards from the chest.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Today’s DC was fun. Don’t believe I’ve seen that boss in the campaign yet, but he wasn’t too difficult to defeat thanks to all the junk I knocked down circling around the room to come back and hit him. I’m guessing a set of 20 new and really fun Snotting Hill-type levels is right around the corner. (And I predict the third level and/or first boss of that set will be massively infuriating.)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.